Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95755 times)

AndyKakes

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Fight Sticks?
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:58:54 AM »
Hey guys. What kind of fight sticks or pads does everyone use? Any pics? I have a few sticks I use. Any cool custom art? Any ideas on what you would like on one? Please share! I'll post some pictures in a few hours.

I would love a King of Fighters stick or a SNK stick. I would love to have this on one. If I mod one this would be on it.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:38:45 AM by AndyKakes »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »
I have a chun li te stick and a mayflash fightstick. They are quite different but have their qualities. Anyways, i think the kof xii stick was a mayflash stick and i wouldn't mind if they used the same brand for xiii.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
Here's my collection:

The NeoGeo stick with the orange balltop is a PS2 model. The NG stick next to it is one of the 2 PS3/PC NeoGeo sticks I own. I found them both at a discount and it's great when I bring KOF to SF gatherings to provide the exact same sticks to new players. I own 1 NeoGeo pad for PS2 and 2 for PS3. My wife prefers the NeoGeo pad. The HRAP3 with Kyo is my main stick. It has Seimitsu clear buttons and a Seimitsy LS-56 stick. The buttons are arranged in the default SNK layout. The blue NeoGeo themed stick is a gutted MadCatz SE that has a hacked PS2 pad inside. The Iori stick is a current project. It's a gutted Hori Wii stick which will be PS2 pad hacked soon. It uses the Hori stick which I've added Omron switches to and Seimitsu ultra flat buttons. Not pictured: 1 Hori Wii stick, 1 NeoGeo stick for Wii and 1 MadCatz TvC stick with Sanwa parts.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:34:40 PM »
since you guys are so awesome know anyplace i might snatch a pretty good arcade stick for cheap?

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
since you guys are so awesome know anyplace i might snatch a pretty good arcade stick for cheap?

Amazon is one of the best places to purchase one
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »

This is a montage. It's a Hrapv3-sa with a seimitsu LS-40-01 stick (red stick, white ball). Mai's picture is made by me, I'm printing it right now. When I have finished it, I will take a picture to show you the result.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:25:50 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

AndyKakes

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 05:50:41 AM »

Not sure if you have a Wii but the Gameshark store online has a deal if you buy one Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom stick you get one free. The stick is not amazing but will get the job done. Your local gamestop should have the Street Fighter 4 regular stick or TE. They will run you about $50 for regular ad $130 for TE. But online is your best bet. Amazon has some good sticks for cheap. They are selling the Tekken 6 stick with the game for around $60. If you can spare some cash the Madcatz Tournament sticks are the way to go for me at least.

AndyKakes

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 05:54:00 AM »

This is a montage. It's a Hrapv3-sa with a seimitsu LS-40-01 stick (red stick, white ball). Mai's picture is made by me, I'm printing it right now. When I have finished it, I will take a picture to show you the result.

That's some amazing art you have on there. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. What are you using to apply the art to the stick with?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
What are you using to apply the art to the stick with?
I'm going to go on a digital printing house and I will show them the default material of the art of the stick and will ask them to use the same for my print (I guess is some kind ofd adhesive paper). I guess they will have it or at least something very similar.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 05:17:22 AM »
Done!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:22:37 AM by Shiranui_ninja »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 05:52:41 AM »
I don't like the mai artwork but the rest is perfect, felts very original

Buen Trabajo Hermano!

Waifu Material

AndyKakes

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 04:50:58 AM »
Done!

That's pretty damn awesome! I'm just waiting for someone to have a sale on TE sticks to start my custom. I'm digging that pic of Mai.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 05:08:35 AM »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:10:12 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »
I'm still sticking with this pad since May. I can't afford a stick so I will check out the pdp mvc 3 controller or the neo geo pad if SNKP decide to release it with XIII *finger crossed*

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 03:50:17 AM »
Hey guys, how it's the HORI EX 2 stick?

Will work for 2002, 98, or marvel and HD REMIX?

Waifu Material