Author Topic: Who getting MK9?  (Read 23160 times)

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Who getting MK9?
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:38 AM »
Im getting the TE package, awesome stick
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting MK9?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:00:48 AM »
I will buy it just because it's a fighting game, but I still can't see how is this supposed the 10th return in glory of MK9

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:06:04 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't just stick with "Mortal Kombat" as the name. IMO, it suits it way better than "Mortal Kombat 9"

And I wish I could preorder it from Amazon just to get that amazing Reptile Klassic skin but I hate ordering things online.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 07:14:34 AM »
I saw the 9 as an attempt to try to put this in the same sequence of the more classics games (1,2,3 umk3) to gave the game more ''prestige''

Waifu Material

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:31 AM »
I've got it preordered. I'm torn between wether i am more hyped for it or mvc3, but then again, that probably won't be an issue since there will be some 70+ days between the two.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't just stick with "Mortal Kombat" as the name. IMO, it suits it way better than "Mortal Kombat 9"

And I wish I could preorder it from Amazon just to get that amazing Reptile Klassic skin but I hate ordering things online.
actually it is just called "Mortal Kombat" people just add the 9 to avoid confusion with the first one

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »
Iam definfely going to be picking this up but disincluded the stick though its going to be at evo 2011 get hyped :D
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »
kool MK FTW !!!!!
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 05:05:54 AM »
Getting this game simply because MK was one of the first fighting games i played while growing up.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
I would buy this game for the same reason of Shinra, but I'm not really sure about what I'm going to do... At the beginning of MK series, blood was a funny feature of that franchise, it was innocent and naive in some way... But now, with all this new graphics and all... I don't know, I don't find it funny at all, it's more like gore and scary, and disgusting...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
I'm getting it.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
I would buy this game for the same reason of Shinra, but I'm not really sure about what I'm going to do... At the beginning of MK series, blood was a funny feature of that franchise, it was innocent and naive in some way... But now, with all this new graphics and all... I don't know, I don't find it funny at all, it's more like gore and scary, and disgusting...

Even though I share your opinion, I think that is in the other way, even though when I was a kid was cool and hip to see all that blood, I was more scared at the beggining for my more innocent mind

But in retrospective, people from the 90's were really stupid, I mean, the gore there is so over the top that is hilarious, and now, is even more hilarious

I could never take MK seriously for that same reason

Waifu Material

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »

lol i remember all the stupid stuff they had like when you do a uppercut you'll here Shao Khan saying something in the background and doing a fatality or long combo will make Ed boon appear on the the screen...but it seems that the new generation only has taste for games with good graphics.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
I wanna get it, and probably will... I hope they're truly serious about being competitive... Once Deadly Alliance hit, people were asking for it to not be floaty, and it still looks floaty and not fluid... I hope when they say hardcore that they aren't just saying that because there are "just frame" moves in the game... They have alot to live up to... MK2 was the best imo, with UMK3 in 2nd (actually they're tied)... When you did combos in MK2, you can truly say you did them and it wasn't dial-a-combo required... That's when I learned how to buffer doing Katana's jumpkick to fan toss combos...

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 05:22:49 AM »
will get it after kof xiii comes out, for the low price of 40 bucks or something