Author Topic: SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)  (Read 40966 times)

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
Re: SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
No it didn't fix it. His infinite is still the same in that version. The only version that slightly tweak his infinite were the console PS2/XBox 1 ports. Even then you could still pull off it just required stricter timing.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Dark Geese

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
Here are some matches from the Beat The Pro Challenge this past weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P791YLwUuvg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAktupDtvVM

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 09:27:53 AM »
Bought this again last week. I didn't remember it was so fast paced game.

I also wondered few things about Geese's Reppuken. When you are far and do it, it is a projectile, but when you are very close, it becomes "slice" like in KOF 96. Is this true or is just me?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Dark Geese

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »

I also wondered few things about Geese's Reppuken. When you are far and do it, it is a projectile, but when you are very close, it becomes "slice" like in KOF 96. Is this true or is just me?

Not exactly. When you combo into it it becomes a slice..but the way I get it anytime I want is I karacancel into it.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »

Not exactly. When you combo into it it becomes a slice..but the way I get it anytime I want is I karacancel into it.

You just throw a whiff jab and cancel right???

Dark Geese

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »
There are multiple ways to do it..that is one.

Dark Geese

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »
It seems like no one ever used Ryo or Earthquake... I could've sworn Earthquake was a pretty solid character despite the huge hitbox...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
It seems like no one ever used Ryo or Earthquake... I could've sworn Earthquake was a pretty solid character despite the huge hitbox...

All I know is that Earthquake is a guaranteed win against Shin Akuma :P

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
Well when supercade was 2DF it did have it on there at first. Not sure why it got removed though. People could always do the gamesave trick to play what they want really on GGPO.
Damdai removed SVC off 2DF years ago because the rom had too many graphical glitches and he didn't know how to fix it so, removed...

I played the game for a few years on and off. Had lots of matches and it's a really fun fighter. Yeah, balance issues but when you play on the same skill level and just mess around with different characters, it's a fun game. I mained Mr Karate and Hugo. I liked how they brought back Bison's CVS2 teleport version.I hate the SF Alpha version of his teleport. Sadly, Bison is really bad in this game  but he's fun too.

You just throw a whiff jab and cancel right???

You have to combo into it. Best ways are Standing C or crouching B into A reppuken. Geese was really good in this game. But his NGBC version was really stripped down.. lost combo setups, changed inputs and raging storm is changed.. he just feels weaker now. Ah well.

Earthquake is a big target for Geese. Earthquakes fireballs are slow and his teleport move is punishable on block by Geese. And his huge hitbox is just asking for Geese players to use jumping C (multi hits).. I don't think I've seen top Earthquake players. Hard to find good footage of this game played by top players (if any exist in this game) =p

I always did wonder why Supercade and GGPO did not include this in their list of games.
As for GGPO, maybe SVC Chaos is not a game that is "highly requested" unlike Street Fighter games.

It also seemed like this version of Boxer was somewhat translated over to SFIV in terms of giving him more than just a TAP, dash punch, dash uppercut and headbutt moves... He had more moves and better options in SvC than in ST, and CvS2...
Only addition he had in SVC from ST was a launching uppercut that you can use to setup into super moves.. it's extremely too slow in SVC to use.. it's useless. and his range is really bad in SVC. ST version is better for Boxer I say. And he was faster in that game too with his special move animations.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:31:49 PM by AcidGlow »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »

I did see a lot of Ryo players where I was. The Mexican community in Chicago was using him right from the get go. His shoryuken is crazy good. Also online (xbox) a lot of higher skilled players who didn't have to use the bosses latched onto him and Mr. Karate. Earthquake I'll admit I didn't see too much.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Dark Geese

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »

I did see a lot of Ryo players where I was. The Mexican community in Chicago was using him right from the get go. His shoryuken is crazy good. Also online (xbox) a lot of higher skilled players who didn't have to use the bosses latched onto him and Mr. Karate. Earthquake I'll admit I didn't see too much.

I can play pretty much anyone in SvC Chaos.... Earthquake you won't see that much unless more than likely the people are Samurai Showdown characters, they may not even understand how he works, so they will just stick to what they know.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
If I remember right, Ryo's Koho Shippuken had crazy autoguard in this game and could even tank through fireballs.

photon_shermie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 02:22:49 AM »
Local casuals from here (Philippines). Sorry about the quality on some. Best watch on mute too, really loud karaoke noises on most.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2829F9992C3332EE&feature=mh_lolz

I have a backlog, so I might have more to post later.