Author Topic: NGBC - Shishioh (King Lion)  (Read 5293 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Shishioh (King Lion)
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c are cancel-able.
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c can chain into any command normal, standing ;b / ;c or a special move.

Standing
* st. ;c / ;d has a long reach.

Crouching
* ;dn ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.
* ;dn ;a chains into itself up to 2~3 hits (depending on character) and ;dn ;b .
* ;dn ;d causes tech-able knockdown.

Jumping
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;c kinda works like Zangief chest attack.
* ;ub / ;up / ;uf ;d has ridiculously high priority, able to stop high priority normals, DMs, and even some SDMs.

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
* Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Shishioh to do counter with a punch attack, and he will then tag out.

Throw
Body and Upper: ;bk / ;fd +  ;c ;d
*Can be broken. Normal knockdown.

Command Moves
Upper: ;fd + ;a  
* Shishioh does an uppercut. It launches on hit. This move can also be used in chain combos and is cancel-able.

Chopping Right: ;fd + ;c
* Shishioh does an overhead punch. This can also be used in chain combos, and is cancel-able.

Special Moves
Silent Storm: ;qcf + ;a / ;c
* Shishioh swings his sword out producing a swoosh-like projectile. Using ;a shoots out a swoosh that goes disappears simultaneously. Using ;c shoots out an upward moving swoosh that launches and can also be used as an anti-air move.

Beast Blow (a.k.a. Dynamite Punch): ;qcb + ;a / ;c
* This is Shishioh's move that's both loved by some and hated by others. Shishioh does a slide attack that if connects, turns into a grab and punch attack, with Shishioh saying the famous "Dynamite" quote. The button strength determines the distance that Shishioh slides. This is a strange move because it hits low and can stop opponents from jumping (under certain circumstances) so it can technically hit mid/high. This is the best ender for most of his combos.

Earth Chopper: ;dp + ;a / ;c
* Shishioh takes his Lion Sword to the air and slashes the ground. His ;a is the faster move, while ;c has a slight delay, but does slightly more damage. This move is an OTG move. Most times you can do a ;dn ;c to ;dp + ;a and combo.

Nightmare: ;qcf + ;b / ;d
* This is Shishioh's counter move. He turns into a silhouette and darkens the background. If he is hit at any point in this animation, he counters with a punch combo that can be canceled into his super. This move does not counter lows, so he can be tripped out of it.

Hunter Killer: no command
* This is the CPU-only special for the CPU controlled Shishioh (which is referred to as Shin Shishioh).

Desperation Moves
King Straight: ;hcb ;fd + ;a / ;c
* Shishioh does a straight punch that emits a wave of energy from his fist. Button strength determines the distance that the wave travels. Using ;a is the shortest, as the wave stops a bit past his fist, whereas using ;c creates a wave that travels almost full screen. This is the only super that non-CPU Shishioh players have access to. It can be canceled from his counter move.

King Upper: no command
* This is the CPU-only super for the CPU controlled Shishioh (which is referred to as Shin Shishioh).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:19:10 PM by jinxhand »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC - Shishioh (King Lion)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
;qcf ;a works so well in combos its ridiculous... It allows Shishioh just enough time to combo in his ;c super, which adds 3 extra hits, but does so much damage to the opponent. ;qcf ;a stuns the opponent just long enough for that to connect.

So you can do things midscreen like ;dn ;b , ;fd ;c , ;qcf ;a , ;hcb ;fd ;c and do a good amount of damage. I figured ;dn ;b is better since it has a longer reach and whiffing with ;dn ;a is more likely; however, in the event that you do manage to connect with ;dn ;a , st. ;c , or st. ;a , you can link it with ;fd ;c and do the rest of the combo.

So ultimately I do see why Shishioh players sometimes throw out those ;qcf ;a constantly. That alone allows for a free super.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »
Hey, I told you about the 236A to DM link.

Anyways, his best midscreen BnB is probably 5AC 6C 236A 632146C. It's a modified version of the one you made.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:48:00 AM by Remzi »
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 04:23:26 AM »

Anyways, his best midscreen BnB is probably 5AC 6C 236A 632146C. It's a modified version of the one you made.

That msg you sent me had all kinds of messed up notation, so I didn't know if it was this or something else that I was missing...

I knew about 236A I just forgot that it could link like that, since I don't particularly go all out with Shishioh now that I have "Team Koolaid"... But props though for sending me the msg though. :-/

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 04:26:21 AM »

That msg you sent me had all kinds of messed up notation, so I didn't know if it was this or something else that I was missing...

I knew about 236A I just forgot that it could link like that, since I don't particularly go all out with Shishioh now that I have "Team Koolaid"... But props though for sending me the msg though. :-/
You found out about the standing AC link and whatnot, and that the DM link works midscreen.
I can't wait until Justice checks this thread for those combos. He'll be much scarier when he can actually get high damage. :P

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »
I can't wait until Justice checks this thread for those combos. He'll be much scarier when he can actually get high damage. :P

Tell him to come on-board... We need all the people we can get that's still interested in NGBC...

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:55:17 PM »
He said he'd be away for a few days. Sucks, right?

He can probably techpunish with 623C.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 06:54:27 PM »
An extra ;dn ;a can be added to the combo if close enough, so it will end up being:

;dn ;a , ;dn ;b , ;fd ;c , ;qcf ;a , ;hcb ;fd + ;c

Pending on the reaction time and range, you should be able to replace his super with a ;qcb + ;c since ;qcf + ;a stuns the opponent for so long. I'll test that out tonight and see if it actually combos.