Author Topic: Looking for team help and combos  (Read 5830 times)

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Looking for team help and combos
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
I checked and couldn't find a guide on combos. SRK wiki has bit the dust and I checked around the usual sources and couldn't find combo guides or anything.  I even checked Gamefaqs and nothing on combos. So I'm looking for that. Any suggestions on who I should team up with who?

So far I like:

Gato, Oswald, Iori, Shen, Duo Lon, Ralph, Kyo, and Kim.

I'm comfortable with Gato, Kim, and Iori. Well, Iori is piss-easy so...

I'll probably stick Gato/Oswald as leader. I hate to be a tier whore but I know Gato really well, and Oswald is pretty easy to pick up and has a vicious mixup.

I thought I'd post this because a new Demul will be out that supports NGBC, KOFXI, and Samurai Shodown 6, and the netplay is pretty good. I played a guy in California in CVS2 and it was fine. The problem is the desyncing after 3-5 matches.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:45:02 PM by Louiscipher2501 »

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for team help and combos
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
Demul (dc emulator) can play kof xi with netplay?! what the fuck is going on here...

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »
Demul can emulate Naomi/Naomi2/Atomiswave now :) with online - but still you need a good computer to run it and emulation and speed are not that great for now ..but good for kicks

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »
http://shoryuken.com/f215/demul-netplay-released-cvs2-ggxx-mvc2-etc-249243/index13.html

Check the last post. Still need help on team selection and combos guys.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
hype is killing me, thx guys.

Louis for now just digg cyberfanatix/orochinagi for combo (better the second, CF when it upgrade the board lost a lot of usefull thread), Gato is a must to start, pretty easy to deal and S-tier, Oswald rule too but quite technic to master, Kim is a beat too and not too hard to learn.

I suggest Shen too in your suggest char, btw if it will become playable this section is begaun to shine.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:30:37 PM »
How good a computer do you need to run this emulator? If it means GGXX and KOFXI online play, I'll build it to whatever specs are needed!

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
So far I'm liking Shen with Gato and Oswald. I checked Cyberfanatix and still couldn't anything on combos. Not that I really need it with Shen and Gato as they're pretty simple to use and I know Gato pretty well. But not knowing Oswald's potential is driving me nuts.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:35 PM »
I have access to the old threads in cyberfanatix so I will try to get some info

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
I thought I'd post this because a new Demul will be out that supports NGBC, KOFXI, and Samurai Shodown 6, and the netplay is pretty good. I played a guy in California in CVS2 and it was fine. The problem is the desyncing after 3-5 matches.

REALLY NOW? THAT'S COOL!

Hey, what about Metal Slug 6? Can it play that too?

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
That's been dumped too but tbh you're not missing too much. Metal Slug 6 feels like a watered down Metal Slug 3. I still say that the last great MS game was 5.

krazykone123

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »
I'm comfortable with Gato, Kim, and Iori. Well, Iori is piss-easy so...

It's good that you're comfortable with Gato, dude got crazy mix-ups and a brick wall defense. Iori isn't trash but he's not all that great either, he's a little slow and the lack of his Maiden Masher follow-up hurts him but since it's (more or less) been turned into a DM it makes for a good reversal at times.

I use (L) Kim (with Kyo/Ash assist) and he's a beast, although you have to be really fast with his rekka links because they're a bit easier to punish now compared to his 2002 counter-part but in most cases if you take out one of their people you can hh.A (cross-up)/j.C~cl.C/D(1)~strong rekka (qcb+Cx3) then SC to either (lvl. 1/LDM) Air Hououkyaku.

Combos
- cl.C (either hit) and cl.D (1) lead to both rekka chains, if you're in the corner use ;dn ;dn+ ;d for extra damage, doesn't work after kick chain though
- cl.C/cl.D(1), qcb+P~uf+K~d+K
- cr.C, ;dn~ ;up+ ;d ~ ;dn+ ;d
- cr.Bx2, cr.A,  ;dn~ ;up+ ;b
- cr.D, (fast) ;dn ;dn+ ;d (corner only)
- cr.C,  ;bk~ ;fd+ ;b/ ;d;db/ ;dn/ ;df+ ;b/ ;d, ;dn ;dn+ ;d if in corner

Hououkyaku/LDM set-ups
;fd ;fd ;a~ ;a is pretty awesome, links to both Hououkyaku

- cl.C/cl.D(1)/cr.C~ ;dn ;dn+ ;b , SC to Hououhitenkyaku ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d) can be used first if you have the meter, after that you can use DM/LDM or tk into it if you want to be fancy 

- cl.C/cl.D(1)/cr.C, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b, SC Hououhitenkyaku ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d) can be used first if you have the meter, after that you can use DM/LDM just like before

- cr.C,  ;bk~ ;fd+ ;b/ ;d then SC, Hououhiten doesn't work here

- (corner) cl.C/cl.D(1)/cr.C, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b, (SC)  ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d, (wait until they're at least head level)  ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;c x3 (first hits/second whiffs/third launches), (SC)  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b/ ;d/ ;e

Most of these can be done with jump-in C as a starter but in most cases if you attempt a Hououhitenkyaku SC it probably won't connect, and yeah you can switch it up if you got meter by using Hououhitenkyaku then Dream Canceling it to Kuuchuu Hououkyaku (LDM version) around the 8th hit, I'll probably add more later.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:47:39 PM by krazykone123 »

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 12:55:21 PM »
Thanks, do you have Oswald's combos? He seems like a pretty simple rekka character with priority and mixups like crazy. I'd still like to know how you do do QCF LP, QCF LK, into LDM. I think that's the combo. I know you can super cancel that LDM, but I'd like to know how those high level Oswald players find other ways to combo into it. Even though I'll probably go with Gato as leader, but I'd still like to know it.

krazykone123

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Thanks, do you have Oswald's combos? He seems like a pretty simple rekka character with priority and mixups like crazy. I'd still like to know how you do do QCF LP, QCF LK, into LDM. I think that's the combo. I know you can super cancel that LDM, but I'd like to know how those high level Oswald players find other ways to combo into it.
Even though I'll probably go with Gato as leader, but I'd still like to know it.

I never really took the time to learn OZ in-depth, so I can't really share any info.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/928580-the-king-of-fighters-xi/faqs/41594

Try peepin' this guide, you should find something useful in their.

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
Ah, I overlooked that. Thanks man. Hopefully it won't be long until the next Demul comes out.

For right now I've settled with: Gato (leader), Shen, Kim. Two other characters I like are K' and Oswald, but Gato will stay as my leader, his LDM is just too damn good to pass up.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:29:33 PM by Louiscipher2501 »