Author Topic: The OFFICIAL KOF Florida thread!  (Read 6346 times)

I$AAC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
The OFFICIAL KOF Florida thread!
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
I see there a north fl and a south fl thread. And with buzz this game has created in central fl I decided to take the liberty to make a thread for ALL Florida players. Let's get this scene going!

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
    • After Dark Gaming Youtube Channel
Re: The OFFICIAL KOF Florida thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:31:58 PM »
Sup Isaac!

It looks like MK players are invading KOFXIII haha.

Ben Reed

• Mod Team
  • New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 02:21:27 AM »
Heh, I thought about making an I-4 corridor thread, but I guess Isaac beat me to it.

But yeah, we're working on a KOF 13 scene here in Orlando, and we would gladly welcome anyone who wants to come out and play some KOF. Early reception for the game is very positive, I think we can definitely make MK numbers if people come out and play.

The next tournament in Orlando with KOF as an official game will be CEO Winterfest on Jan. 21. Jebailey's events are a great way to get the game exposure, and I encourage anyone in the area who wants to compete in KOF to attend.

For casuals, Nestor Ramirez usually hosts on Thursdays in Avalon Park. Mostly a Street Fighter/Marvel crowd, but anyone is welcome to set up and play whatever games they wish. Others in east Orlando (and occasionally west Orlando) may also host on weekends where there aren't big events. For contact info and general hosting information, you can follow the Orlando Fighting Game Community and CEO Gaming groups on Facebook.

We also have KOF community Facebook groups going for both Orlando and Tampa. Anyone is welcome to join.

And of course if anyone wants to host KOF-centric/KOF-only get-togethers of their own, feel free to advertise here. If you don't like Facebook personally, but would like to advertise your hostings to the Facebook groups, I can pass your info on if you'd like.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:23:31 AM by Ben Reed »

daireangel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
I am getting more and more bitter that I am not in Orlando. Currently living down in Ft. Lauderdale, occasionally go to Palm Beach, but it is mainly SF and UMVC. Getting a couple of people into the game. Gotta start somewhere.

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
I am getting more and more bitter that I am not in Orlando. Currently living down in Ft. Lauderdale, occasionally go to Palm Beach, but it is mainly SF and UMVC. Getting a couple of people into the game. Gotta start somewhere.

I know a friend of mine, who goes by the name Got Smile, is playing KOF down in Plantation.  I'll tell him to get on here.

daireangel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
Cool. I am currently near Plantation.

Does Got Smile host or meet somewhere?

I usually meet somewhere cuz I have roommates so hosting is not that likely. That and I work mostly graveyard hours. I do go to a friends' house in Palm Beach and get some games in, but it is mostly UMVC3, SSF4AE. Occasionally there would be Tekken and MK.

http://www.twitch.tv/willvolution/videos

Worst case I get some time to get better with my execution.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:29:25 PM by daireangel »

Mike Santi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
Wish there were more folks on these forums to be able to bring out more to gatherings! Hey there guys! Local Kissimmee KoF head in the building. You can see me from now on head to Nestors in Orlando for some KoF matches so if you're looking for match-up experience against Kensou/Maxima/Benimaru/Andy I'm your dude!

Looking forward to meeting you peeps. I'll be at the CEO Winterfest as well as be trying to make it outside of Orlando to like Tampa or wherever there's KoF happening.

daireangel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
Well I managed to find a couple people the play XIII in Lauderdale.

They are starting to meet up at the Zero Ping LAN Center on Mondays.
5400 SW 44th Terrace Davie, Florida 33314.
There is also SSF4 2012, UMVC3, and Tekken 6 for those with other interests.

Tuesdays I go to a friend's house in Palm Beach. Got a couple more people getting into it as well.

djdelly

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
i'm sure most already know this, but we run casuals every Tuesday and Sunday at Serenity Games in St. Pete.

6151 Central Ave 33710

We have a PS3 copy and usually someone brings a 360 set up.

adazuol

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:14 PM »
Sup ya'll, from Central Florida and looking for some KOF. If anyone still got something going on in Orlando or in West Palm reply and I'll try to make it out.