Author Topic: The King of Fighters 98/UM General Discussion Thread  (Read 66996 times)

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 98/UM General Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »
I would love to play with all of you if weren't because there is no fucking chance of play a match with such a long distance (I'm from Chile)

Oh well, I only had one friend which I could play, but still, I had ton of fun with him, good matches

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
krazykone, I'm trying to use a Mas Stick that I bought close to 4 or 5 years ago. It comes up as a Mad Catz GamePad, which I can't seem to get the drivers to work with.

Judge Fudge, I actually got a Windows partition installed on my Mac by a local comp store for $90. And yeah, add me on Xbox Live cause I would like to see how the matches would be with us being not that far away.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »
Shoryuken Wiki still doesn't had information for a lot of characters, it seems like this game isn't very played here : (

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
Why would it be when the majority of that site is devoted to Street Fighter? I'm actually surprised that they haven't just made it a SF only site considering how many dedicated and up tp date sites there are from games like Tekken, KOF and BB.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
I was thinking the same, but actually, there are some characters writeups from a lot of characters which I suppose were written by some KOF fan, but suddenly stopped, I always asked who writed them

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
CX 2.0 had a pretty decent thread for most characters before the forums were wiped. :(

I don't mind doing writeups like I'm doing for the 2k2UM chars but people need to request what they want. I had a quick look at the SRK wiki and it's a very good effort but it's missing a few things here and there like quick max/quick dodge combos and some of the info is wrong. It's also annoying to read 'cause it uses move names instead of motions when talking about stuff... -_-

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 03:47:04 AM »
I also wouldn't mind doing writeups for a few characters, although I don't really have all the time in the world and there are other people who know way more that I do.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 05:13:21 PM »
Would you like a Wiki set up for 98UM? If you're willing to fill it in, I'll set it up and give you the necessary access. PM me and let me know.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
Yep is very annoying that the combos are listed with the moves names and that they hadn't posted yet max cancel combos

Also, I'm still wating for a Eiji Writeup : (

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
The template for the 98UM wiki is up so if you want to add information PM nilcam about it

http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_98UM

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010, 06:21:14 PM »
I'm glad that finally we're getting information from 98UM, It was kinda sad that here people only talked about 2002um and XIII, with this great game being totally ignored

Waifu Material

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »
Agreed.  98/UM is my fav KOF.  Nice to see it isn't totally dead.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 03:35:43 AM »
I'm glad that finally we're getting information from 98UM, It was kinda sad that here people only talked about 2002um and XIII, with this great game being totally ignored

I agree with that 100%. I was thinking maybe people here didn't play it or something....

There is a bunch of good tutorial videos on youtube by Dark Geese featuring Qmax combos and other good techniques, so hopefully those will be added here too....
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
I think most players here play KoF98/UM. Part of the reasoning behind this site was to unite the fanbase behind the most recent King of Fighters. The fractured nature of the KoF community is one of the reasons KoF is not as popular as Street Fighter. SF players play the newest game whereas the KoF players tend to play one of 3 or 4 games (the latest version, 98/UM, 2002/UM or XI.)

98UM and 2002UM are neck-and-neck for my favorite KoF games.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 03:01:41 AM »
I don't know, when SNKP releases 2002UM on the XBLA, I will still be playing 98um both games are so different and good at thei own that I can't decide for one just to ignore the other, and almost all my friends here do the same.

Waifu Material