Author Topic: The King of Fighters 98/UM General Discussion Thread  (Read 67006 times)

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 98/UM General Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2010, 06:04:41 AM »
Yeah, which is sad, since I love his rb2 version, I don't know why I got the feeling that he will be at least a treat, at least in RB2 my main key with him is his hishoken combined with his zaeiken

The thing that I don't like of his normal version is that in 98, his air dive attack doesn't had a knockdown low kick like in 2002, there are only an overhead and a normal combo that isn't worthy.

But since now both andys had better normals, and if the hishoken is a good pressure move now, I could see him being better

But well, first I had to play the game, and first, wish that somehow will be released here in america

BTW, I hope that there are more unnanounced changes, there are lots of characters that deserve some buffs, like orochi shermie, lucky, shingo, kasumi, ex billy or chin and some others that now I forget
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:11:43 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
http://orochinagi.com/2010/12/kof-98fe-changes-unconfirmed

(rumor) somebody got a hold of Arcadia early and SonicTempest translated supposed changes that are going to occur with FE. Thoughts? Ideas? wrong thread?

Those Robert changes sound great, same with EX.

EX Kyo has less leg on his fireball so that's cool, despite the slight damage nerf.

Joe's df+B hits OTG now? that's insane.

I know this is still speculation but it still sounds good.

Good to hear that Ex andy now has a faster startup for hishoken, that was my only complain with ex andy, I think that I will truly main him now

Wasn't EX Andy like bottom of the barrel in UM?
Andy *In general, both versions were bad*, EX Kyo, Billy *Both*, Lucky, and I think Shingo were all bottom.

Beni & Bryan seem like they'll be the new Top Tiers so far, both were already pretty good and got buffed. Cancellable J. C and Faster tackle startup for Brian are huge and Beni will get even more damage off of his Cr. B now and his supers and Raikoken got buffed. Just thankful Eiji, Krauser, and Iori didn't get nerfed as badly as I thought.

One thing I hope to see for Billy is just a general boost to their normals. Better hitboxes for St. B especially, slightly faster Cr. A, hitboxe buff for J. B, and cancelable Cr. B.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:56:14 AM by Zabel »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2011, 02:43:53 AM »
Today I got my ass whiped with a very good athena and mary player (98um)

FUCK ARCADE CONTROLS I couldn't do rolls when I tried to avoid athena unlockable psycho ball.

But the guy was way better than me, I loved in the previous match against other guy than he did mary command grab DM which whiffed, only to connect the command grab SDM at the instant, it was very cool to see

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2011, 09:10:34 AM »
I don't see Billy needing any nerfs... Buffs, yeah; his ;dn ;a has always been shady imo, where the hitbox should be wider, but if you're too close he can whiff completely... Combos like ;dn ;b , ;dn ;a don't even combo because he's so slow, and I use that in 2k2 for tight spacing setups... I'm cool with it trading certain hits, and it being beat out by moves like ;dp -based moves, as it shouldn't be a completely "spammable" move...

Anyway, if EX Ryo can still backdash to air fireball, I'll be happy... I can't tell you how many people fall for that and jump to give me a free whatever (;dp move, DM, etc.)...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:59:28 AM by jinxhand »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »
Both billys suck really hard, they need some buffs

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 04:57:37 AM »
Yeah if both Billys had the speed of his 2k2UM rendition, I would be satisfied... It sucks that his combo capability is shot to hell because of his speed or lack thereof... I do feel spoiled when I play 2k2UM and go back to 98UM and see how harder it is to really do damage with him...

krazykone123

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
http://nesica98um.snkplaymore.co.jp/login.php?guid=ON

Top 10 BP Rankings

1. Rug Meshi (8671)
2. Ozu (6081)
3. Sazae-san (5336)
4. Gonsan-san (5331)
5. Fujishima (5189)
6. Sukoa (4998)
7. Akihisa  (4557)
8. †Shounen† (4200)
9. Joker (4147)
10. Naruto (4023)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 05:50:09 PM »
This link shows how many ppl with BP cards are playing it

http://nesica98um.snkplaymore.co.jp/ranking3.php

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »
Would be cool if they put info on who characters they use

Anyway, Yesterday I went to my arcade to play 98um, there was a very good guy who was raping with chizuru, always disabling your moves and putting you in the corner, the guy was so good that his third character was always random, and he won 15 matches in a row until I left.

Yesterday I finally felt the input delay that everybody was talking about, if well this wasn't an impediment for do combos and other things, it was a real pain in the ass when I needed to defend at the same second, avoid the unlockable psycho ball of athena or to avoid mix ups and cross ups, god I hope that this delay was fixed on FE

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
Guys, I'm preparing for this tournament that I had on sunday, but I need some tips to fight some characters that are hard match ups from me

I'm thinking of using takuma, ex yuri and eiji, my problems are goro, vice, krauser and yashiro

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
I've been seeing a bunch of ratio matches for 98UMFE... I thought it was balanced further to avoid the whole ratio thing... Wassup with that!?!?!?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2011, 12:03:01 AM »
Guys, I'm preparing for this tournament that I had on sunday, but I need some tips to fight some characters that are hard match ups from me

Which characters?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2011, 12:52:17 AM »

Which characters?

4 months later xD

I used ex king, ex yuri and totally forgot the third one

I've been seeing a bunch of ratio matches for 98UMFE... I thought it was balanced further to avoid the whole ratio thing... Wassup with that!?!?!?

I think that those where rules to just shake up some things, 2002um has ratio tournaments too but the game is still balanced

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:14 AM »

4 months later xD

I used ex king, ex yuri and totally forgot the third one

Oops, I really need to clean my glasses sometimes. :p
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »
I will kill to se 98fe on ps360 soon, the games it seems to be more balanced, even though looks a bit like a pain in the ass

Waifu Material