Author Topic: Hey.  (Read 2819 times)

Bun Bu Ryo Do

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hey.
« on: February 24, 2011, 02:44:46 AM »
Been an SNK fan since the first time I played World Heroes and Art of Fighting in the arcade, but King of Fighters 98 and 99 (and being surrounded by a lot of other NeoGeo stuff around that time) is what really made me a lifelong devotee. Been wanting to break into the KOF community for ages, and I figured now was as good a time as any since I just bought a nice MVS cabinet and heard about this place from the PowerUp podcast.

Greetings from Utah. :)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Hey.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:39:57 AM »
Welcome to the Dream Cancel family! I envy your MVS. I don't have the space for one but I've often thought about owning one.

Bun Bu Ryo Do

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:58:33 AM »
Yeah, I went slightly crazy with my tax refund. I decided to reward myself for making it through 2010 without ending up on the news somehow (not a great year for me), so I totally broke the bank between the MVS and CPS2, but they look nice in the living room. :)

It's just been misery waiting for the boards I bought on eBay to arrive. :(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 04:51:28 AM »
Yeah, I went slightly crazy with my tax refund. I decided to reward myself for making it through 2010 without ending up on the news somehow (not a great year for me), so I totally broke the bank between the MVS and CPS2, but they look nice in the living room. :)

It's just been misery waiting for the boards I bought on eBay to arrive. :(

Nice living, room, maybe next year's refund we'll yield you a Taito X-2 board ;)  Welcome to DC.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:54:17 AM »
Alpha 2 and a NeoGeo? A man after my own heart! I always figured if I bought a 4-slot MVS, I'd want Bust-A-Move, KoF98, Samurai Shodown II and either RB2 or Garou.

Bun Bu Ryo Do

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:11:23 AM »
Kane317: I wish! :D More likely a CPS3 or Atomiswave. I actually almost bought a 3rd Strike-loaded CPS3 rig today, but that was after a spending spree that saw me acquire Super Turbo and Garou boards, and I realized quickly enough that pulling the trigger on 3rd Strike would breach the boundary at which point the bills would not get paid...eBay is dangerous... :(

Nilcam: Mine's just a one-slot, but the board pops out really easy, so I'm just stockpiling cartridges right now. My main distributor actually has a Real Bout 2 for $45...I'm sorely tempted but it might have to wait until I get paid.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
That's pretty damn awesome. I'm really hoping that one day I will be able to own some arcade cabs of my own especially some SNK cabs. i would have to have Sengoku 3 and Viewpoint in those since I loved em so much.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 05:22:20 AM »
Ugh those layouts kills your hand, but awesome cabs nonetheless

Bun Bu Ryo Do

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:13 PM »
Cibernetico: Keep looking around, if you're persistent and explore all options, eventually an affordable MVS cab will emerge. That's basically how I went about it.

PureYeti: Yeah, the only saving grace with this particular layout is that I've got lots of SoulCalibur experience under my belt, so I've worked quite a bit with setups that are very similar. LOL

Just added Real Bout 2 to my library today. I was surprised to find a copy locally for $40.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 07:02:38 AM »
Bun Bo Ryu Do: Welcome to DC! Also: Yeti those layout can be killer but the one on the SS cabinet is perfect for RB2 since you only need three buttons for attacks, and the fourth one on the bottom is best for Line swtiching.