Author Topic: Arcade Infinity - Farewell Final KOF XIII Feb 26th (Results)  (Read 3154 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Arcade Infinity - Farewell Final KOF XIII Feb 26th (Results)
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:13:22 AM »
Results are posted below. I noticed a couple new faces that should up, one being StolenHope and the other B.A.L.A who used to be KoF sparring partners with Kula from Mexico. Surprisingly enough B.A.L.A came in 3rd only having played the game for a short amount of time.

Videos will be uploaded via youtube under ArcadeInfinity by Scott when he has time, so keep an eye out! I will post them in this thread, although I'm sure it'll surface in the video thread as well.

1. Reynald
2. John (Mr. KoF)
3. B.A.L.A
4. Duc
5. Pizzero
5. Romance
6. Yuhang
6. Aaron
7. Chris
7. Pepe (DQ)
7. Yoshi
7. Ivan
8. Metaphysics
8. RJ
8. Raul (DQ)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:43:52 AM by Ash »

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Infinity - Farewell Final KOF XIII Feb 26th (Results)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
What characters did each player use?

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
From what I hear Armando has only been playing KOF13 for like a week!!!! Can I say I am surprised? No...because I see a lot of skill in Mexico all the time, I mean geez Kula beat Ivan 10-1 in 2002UM and he barely plays it!!! (Kinda makes you wonder how Kula would fare in a 13 tournament here since he has been playing 13 for at least 2 months now doesn't it??? C'mon now guys make it happen!!!!!!! )
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:01:59 PM by Dark Geese »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »
What characters did each player use?

I don't quite remember very well, but when the videos get uploaded I'll update with the characters used. Off the top of my head I know Reynald used Andy, Raiden, Yuri, Shen mainly. Mr. KoF used Andy, Robert, K', Raiden and some others as well. I don't remember who B.A.L.A. used except Duolon and Kula. I remember that the main reason B.A.L.A got so far was because his Duolon threw off a lot of players, because we're not used to playing against that style. I remember the two matches before getting 3rd he played against Kane and myself and the main issue we had against him was Duolon. He used a lot of d.C and throws. Other than that he's not bad for not playing that long.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:37 PM »
From what I hear Armando has only been playing KOF13 for like a week!!!! Can I say I am surprised? No...because I see a lot of skill in Mexico all the time, I mean geez Kula beat Ivan 10-1 in 2002UM and he barely plays it!!! (Kinda makes you wonder how Kula would fare in a 13 tournament here since he has been playing 13 for at least 2 months now doesn't it??? C'mon now guys make it happen!!!!!!! )

I do give B.A.L.A. my respect though, placing 3rd is very good.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 05:46:28 AM »

The 4th place match with B.a.l.a vs Duc was close if I remember correctly, if it wasn't for his Duo Lon I think it'll be a different outcome.  Hell, I think if we all played him a couple more games more it'll be a different outcome, talking to RJ and Duc a lot of us were just a little thrown off by his style.  He liked throwing pretty excessively which we're not used to but nonetheless, respect.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:48:30 AM by Kane317 »

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »

The 4th place match with B.a.l.a vs Duc was close if I remember correctly, if it wasn't for his Duo Lon I think it'll be a different outcome.  Hell, I think if we all played him a couple more games more it'll be a different outcome, talking to RJ and Duc a lot of us were just a little thrown off by his style.  He liked throwing pretty excessively which we're not used to but nonetheless, respect.

I hope you guys keep doing tournaments because as I say I got the connections now to make a hot KOF13 tournament, but of course I need confirmation from YOU guys to pull the trigger on the whole USA vs. Mexico affair....and we can make this much much bigger than B.A.L.A vs. AI...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:59:21 AM by Dark Geese »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 08:29:39 AM »
Hey I'm just curious, was any of this footage recorded?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
Hey I'm just curious, was any of this footage recorded?

It was, and we're all waiting for our handy man Scott-Direct-Feed to upload the footage =)  As usual, it's only Top-8 so you get to see me getting destroyed hah.