Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547889 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1155 on: December 18, 2010, 02:07:16 AM »
Le stream n'a toujours pas commencé Youssef, c'est bien aujourd'hui, ou il y a un problème ?

>> Still no stream Youssef, is it really today or is there a problem ?

Its next friday not this friday

Are you sure?  Next Friday is Christmas eve...

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:56 AM »
Then i guess we have to wait for a response from youssef. I was waiting on Ustream for awhile and just came to that conclusion.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Hokuto-Youssef

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 18, 2010, 06:01:58 AM »
We are sorry, we had to cancel the stream due to a bad internet connection. In fact we were trying in the begging, but it was not good. I feel really sorry, and I hope to try again an other day.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:20 AM »
hey man don't sweat it stuff happens, looking forward to when it does come on.
I have a question about your scene, have you guys been able to attract new blood to the game? Or is the majority veterans in france
" you fight well in the old style"

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 18, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »
We are sorry, we had to cancel the stream due to a bad internet connection. In fact we were trying in the begging, but it was not good. I feel really sorry, and I hope to try again an other day.

Don't feel bad im sure it wasn't your fault, can you give us a date on the next stream.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Hokuto-Youssef

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 18, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
I have a question about your scene, have you guys been able to attract new blood to the game? Or is the majority veterans in france
About KOF 2002UM, we tought when it was coming on XboxLive, much more player will play but with the low quality of the internet connection, almost all the new players have desrted, and we are still a few to play regulary.
But, thinking about the scene from 2003 to 2008, nowadays it is way much better. With the re-opening of the arcade in France, we had some new good kof Players, and we are in the right way I hope.
XIII brings some new player especially from... BLAZBLUE! but the game is still new and we have only 2 cabinets, so of course we are not much, but the game seems to attract people, and  we do our best to at least make the players tries it....

About the stream, it may be for.... tonight! As soon as it is on air, I'll come here to warn you.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 18, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
Hm its a similar situation at AI, but I am very hopefull for the future.  Looking forward to the stream
" you fight well in the old style"

Hokuto-Youssef

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 18, 2010, 11:52:05 PM »
KOF XIII Streaming is now!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kof-13
Actually, it is 2002UM (without sound) KOf XII will be on air, in a few minutes!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:22 AM »
I played the game today, shit is awesome

Waifu Material

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 19, 2010, 01:11:45 AM »
nice, duolon just neomaxed benimaru for the match ^^
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 19, 2010, 01:20:55 AM »
I played the game today, shit is awesome

Mini impressions!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 19, 2010, 03:04:07 AM »
Oh sorry kane

Well, the game was connected to a bravia LCD, the game is very beautiful, must be one of the most beautiful 2d games that I had ever seen

The game was charged at a price of 2 quarters (40 american cents both quarters)

The game is very funny, I had money to buy 18 quarters, but I won one match so I played a total of fights.

One thing that I want to ask. It's me or he is more easy to do crossups? I fall against lots of them, well, also I had problems with the stick, I couldn't get used with it, but my opponent who it seems that had played it from more days pulled lots of good combos, so I wouldn't blame it

Shit, elizabeth is really cheap, I hated her juggles, and andy is awesome, I felt really secure using him.

I didn't fight against any K' or Raiden, but after I leave, the guy who took my place used raiden and started the dropkick fest. And BTW, the level from the players in this arcade is very good, here in Chile 2002 is really popular, and lots of players already saw the internet videos plus their own experience, so it seems that here could be a decent level at least

Overall, I loved the game, I wanted to play more, but the place is far from my house (45 minutes in subway) it seems that people are playing the game so maybe could be a sucess, the most succesfull game in that arcade is 2002 OG, with 2 cabinets, and some rumours says that 2002um will arrive soon, so I hope that those 3 games will be played a lot, but overall, everybody impressions were positive from this game

Sorry for not making more deep impressions, I was more worried to win / frustrated with the stick to make a more deep analysis, but I loved the game

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 19, 2010, 03:52:29 AM »
Oh sorry kane

Well, the game was connected to a bravia LCD, the game is very beautiful, must be one of the most beautiful 2d games that I had ever seen

The game was charged at a price of 2 quarters (40 american cents both quarters)

The game is very funny, I had money to buy 18 quarters, but I won one match so I played a total of fights.

One thing that I want to ask. It's me or he is more easy to do crossups? I fall against lots of them, well, also I had problems with the stick, I couldn't get used with it, but my opponent who it seems that had played it from more days pulled lots of good combos, so I wouldn't blame it

Shit, elizabeth is really cheap, I hated her juggles, and andy is awesome, I felt really secure using him.

I didn't fight against any K' or Raiden, but after I leave, the guy who took my place used raiden and started the dropkick fest. And BTW, the level from the players in this arcade is very good, here in Chile 2002 is really popular, and lots of players already saw the internet videos plus their own experience, so it seems that here could be a decent level at least

Overall, I loved the game, I wanted to play more, but the place is far from my house (45 minutes in subway) it seems that people are playing the game so maybe could be a sucess, the most succesfull game in that arcade is 2002 OG, with 2 cabinets, and some rumours says that 2002um will arrive soon, so I hope that those 3 games will be played a lot, but overall, everybody impressions were positive from this game

Sorry for not making more deep impressions, I was more worried to win / frustrated with the stick to make a more deep analysis, but I loved the game

Crossups are much easier in XIII than they were in XII, basically it's back to the old versions.  Having said that, the jump arcs take getting used to especially if you did not play XII (as they mirror XII's jump IIRC).  All in all, joystick troubles frustrate the hell out of me too but I'm sure a combination of more experienced players as opponents and just overall getting used to a new game will take awhile getting used to (took me like 4-5 sessions).

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 19, 2010, 06:05:43 AM »
Watch the stream till the end, benimaru in practice mode doing combos. Wish I coulda been there! Looked fun!

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 19, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »
I love how the community is growing. I still cannot make any comments of the game cause I am waiting for the home port. Seriously if this game's netcode is not good then I'll just cry and give up on KOF. The only competition I have is two friends of mine that we used to play kof since 94 on the arcades and I am on a higher level than them. I want to play a proper match with people from around the world :(

P.S. Glad that everyone is having good impressions about xiii.