Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 548104 times)

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1230 on: January 04, 2011, 12:30:56 PM »
Hell yea, Lets stop worrying and gossiping about capcom games and there community, And start maintaining and focusing on KOF and other SNK games for are community and for are community to grow. Im sure many of us agree its a ok game but a mainstream overestimated game at that. Theres no need to mention any capcom titles generally imo, it just usually gets us riled up.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:40:40 PM by biggdaddycane »

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 04, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »
I totally hate SSFIV. Can't wait to have KOFXIII in my hands to stop playing that creepy game.

Simply its gameplay doesn't fit with me.

I respect Capcom, SF and its players, but I think is a very overestimated game.
Uh... why don't you stop playing it now?  Is there a gun to your head forcing you to play?

KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 04, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
I totally hate SSFIV. Can't wait to have KOFXIII in my hands to stop playing that creepy game.

Uh... why don't you stop playing it now?  Is there a gun to your head forcing you to play?

Because I like playing fighting games online.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 04, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
well who cares what the US is thinking. they was never good in kof, never will be. people in asian countries find sf boring and dont like to play it. same applies to people in the US with kof, cept that its too hard to grasp for them instead of being too boring or easy.

Couldn't the same argument be used by northamericans saying that people in asia don't know shit about videogames and that they found Street Fighter hard to play so they need to KOF? hell, in japan SF IV is way more popular and mainstream than any kof. They are Idiots too? And super turbo is a game till this day I respect for being very technician, Street Fighter is way more than just 3-3 that is the game that ''elite players'' want to remark

We must stop to be fucking scrubs and nerds who had the fucking need to mention SF every fucking moment just to throw trash, people like this are not better than the idiots of shoryuken who ride on capcom dicks, we snk and kof fans need to step up our game, care only about fucking KOF and grow up an scene, no sound like bitter idiots who need to trash anything that is related to Capcom

For the record, I respect a lot SF IV, people  who took their time to learn it are really in another league than me, hell at the moment SF IV seems way more deep than XIII imo, which still has lots of stupid errors. I personally will not had problems learning the game if weren't because bores me to hell

I don't get why a game being noob friendly instantly means that is crap, 33 is a game which is not hard to pick, but is way more hard to learn than lots of other games less  'noob friendly''

With that attitude of snobberish SNK and KOF will not go anywhere if we keep being so mind closed

I completely agree with you the KOF community should not be closed minde about OTHER fighting games not just SF4, but let's make somethings clear. Even CAPCOM admitted to made SF4 No0b friendly (ej. df,df=dp) and that's why the 3S people are pissed off. IMO 3S is the best SF game ever made but unfortunaly it was at a point where if you were a noob your chances of learning the game where going to be slim.

I personally participated at EVO 2010 in the SSF4 tournament I went 4-2 and so did Mr.KOF he went 5-2. I played a lot of SF4 while KOF XIII was released to stay somewhat sharp on my fighting game skills. But honestly SF4 is very, very, BORING to me.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
the reason i mentioned sf is because sf4 is mad gay. yeah i play it, but is it really that much fun? no. the game went back instead of an evolution, sf3ts is the pinacle of sf gaming imo. sf4 is a borefest and on the highest levels its easier than any modern day kof or sf3ts. you need to have way bnetter reactions and timing in kof and sf3ts, thats why sf4 is noobfriendlier. but that isnt even the biggest problem. in all these years with capcom trying to make a more offensive sf its only gotten to be more turtle friendly. they failed big time. just last night i was fighting a gouki player with ryu, i was winning but he was keeping up pretty well with a few wins here and there. the more he turtled and ran away the harder the fight got for me. i tried the same tactic of hit and run and he cuoldnt get at me. and hes playing fucking gouki, imagine if he had been playing ryu who has even fewer ways to get in "safely" and you get my point. the game awards sitting on your ass and countering instead of offense.

sf is a turtle fest and a boring one at that. get the lifelead and lame it out is the best strategy in sf4, if you dont think thats a bitchmade engine i dont know what is. remember this is a fighting game, 2 people are going to fight each other. well, sf4 seems more like a game of tag than a fighter imo. im not saying there was no turtling in ts, cause there was. but the shit was nowhere as bad as in the sf4 series.

also p[eope in the US play borderline shitty fighters that wouldnt succeed in the east in a million years. mk, ki, mvc. mvc is at the very least decent (i cant stand it though). just for this fact ill give the real fighter award to japan or asia instead of the US.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 04, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »

Uh... why don't you stop playing it now?  Is there a gun to your head forcing you to play?

Because I like playing fighting games online.

lol, you had like 100 options now to play online games, hell, with a semi decent PC you can play any game from the neo geo or cps2, even cps3

I sold SSF IV because I stopped to care, I use supercade, has lots of friends in Chile to play KOF 98 and 2002 um, hell, you could try blazblue, tekken, HD remix, mvc 2, there are millions of options

well who cares what the US is thinking. they was never good in kof, never will be. people in asian countries find sf boring and dont like to play it. same applies to people in the US with kof, cept that its too hard to grasp for them instead of being too boring or easy.

Couldn't the same argument be used by northamericans saying that people in asia don't know shit about videogames and that they found Street Fighter hard to play so they need to KOF? hell, in japan SF IV is way more popular and mainstream than any kof. They are Idiots too? And super turbo is a game till this day I respect for being very technician, Street Fighter is way more than just 3-3 that is the game that ''elite players'' want to remark

We must stop to be fucking scrubs and nerds who had the fucking need to mention SF every fucking moment just to throw trash, people like this are not better than the idiots of shoryuken who ride on capcom dicks, we snk and kof fans need to step up our game, care only about fucking KOF and grow up an scene, no sound like bitter idiots who need to trash anything that is related to Capcom

For the record, I respect a lot SF IV, people  who took their time to learn it are really in another league than me, hell at the moment SF IV seems way more deep than XIII imo, which still has lots of stupid errors. I personally will not had problems learning the game if weren't because bores me to hell

I don't get why a game being noob friendly instantly means that is crap, 33 is a game which is not hard to pick, but is way more hard to learn than lots of other games less  'noob friendly''

With that attitude of snobberish SNK and KOF will not go anywhere if we keep being so mind closed

I completely agree with you the KOF community should not be closed minde about OTHER fighting games not just SF4, but let's make somethings clear. Even CAPCOM admitted to made SF4 No0b friendly (ej. df,df=dp) and that's why the 3S people are pissed off. IMO 3S is the best SF game ever made but unfortunaly it was at a point where if you were a noob your chances of learning the game where going to be slim.

I personally participated at EVO 2010 in the SSF4 tournament I went 4-2 and so did Mr.KOF he went 5-2. I played a lot of SF4 while KOF XIII was released to stay somewhat sharp on my fighting game skills. But honestly SF4 is very, very, BORING to me.

Yep, that's actually a very good point, and I completely agree with you, I prefer 3S over SF IV, and this last one bores me to hell (except for casuals, I get lots of fun)

The thing is, I still respect SF IV as a competitive game, sure, I believe too that is overrated as hell, but some fans make it seems like the worst game ever, when the game still a respectable amount of time to learn the game, I though that I was good at it, then I met friends here that raped my ass and where on a even higher level, that maybe I couldn't reach ever, I don't know if for capacity, or for the reason that I don't care, but I still saw it as a legitime game, but I care for KOF and that's it, I'm a fighting game fan, and I respect almost all the games that had been now released

About the inputs, I don't care, even KOF has some sort of shorcut, and I doubt that people here will want to return to the times of fatal fury special where you really need to had a very good timing to pull sometimes a move, I had the idea that simplyfing the inputs you don't make the game worse or less legitimate, just more easy to pick, but you still need more than simplyfing the command, like I tried to say 33 is a very easy game ''to pick'' but is REALLY hard to master, like some guy in SRK said, within the ''hard games'' 33 must be the one with the simplest mechanic of all, and still, is up there with other games

But Yeah, I don't care if Capcom publishes the game, I hardly doubt that they will put 6 buttons (hell, the first CVS was a 4 button game, I highly doubt that they will rape one of the focal points of KOF just for giggities, even SNKP did that job with XI) or make the game similar to SF, they will just put their name on the intro, and sold the game here, maybe with even more quantities that Ignition or SNKP USA could afford, is a win win situation, but like I said, this is not gonna happen, they already need to push SF vs TK, MVC3, and SSF IV AE, I can't see a CVS3, hell, of all this options I firmly believe that there are more chances of an SVC2 than any other thing, but still, impossible to happen

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:00:22 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 04, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »
@Sibarraz: I think you are more attracted by the size of the community, popularity and size of tournaments, than the actual game. I feel pretty sure that if SF4 had only 20 people playing the game you would not even touch the game in the rest of your life.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 04, 2011, 09:45:18 PM »
well sf4 isn't exactly "take a lead and lame it out"

just take a knockdown and you can see a lot of amazing comebacks,a lot of characters have great okizeme since empty jump c.b(low short)/jump in is a very strong mixup(while wasn't that good in previous game) and there are some characters like viper cammy abel that make you guess a lot

SF4 is a game where you need to use advanced post knockdown setups and many option select ,you need this shit as a cover for stupids game mechanic that let you escape the mixup (backdash/free out of jail special move etc)

Its just the rest that sux lol,offensive okizeme is very good and damaging in sf4 so comebacks are possibile

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 04, 2011, 11:58:59 PM »
@Sibarraz: I think you are more attracted by the size of the community, popularity and size of tournaments, than the actual game. I feel pretty sure that if SF4 had only 20 people playing the game you would not even touch the game in the rest of your life.

I'm chilean, whatever happen in north america with the community and tournaments really doesn't affect me or make me care, hell I don't know any top player besides daigo and wong

The thing with SF and KOF here, is weird to explain, the SF IV community is starting to grow up making tournaments for the game, I know lots of KOF players who got there and play the game without caring that much, they play both games as equal, in my case, I just don't have the time, I can barely play KOF, yet alone try to learn more games, 3 months ago I sold at the same time Blazblue CS and SSF IV because I needed the money and because I wanted to focus in KOF, if I really had the time, I would gladly learn to play those other 2 games because I found them really funny both in a casual and competitive way

The thing is that here with KOF, I don't need a 360 or PS3 to found good players, I could go to some local arcades or using the live account and I could find players that are in a really high level, and I had learned a lot with them, for me is more entertaining. While SF IV is way more mainstream than KOF, the last one is the ''people's game'' where you can find lots of top players to learn, I think that Chile has a very decent to good level, I'm far from being a good player but I'm trying to learn. What I like from my country is that here we don't had any place to post and learn, but is just ''play and learn''

Those are my 2 cents, I found Blazblue, SF IV, and KOF amazing games, all of them with their pros and cons, if I picked one wasn't because the others 2 were bad, but because KOF is the one that I most like and fullfills my expectatives and tastes

Now, to be fair, I really want to see northamericans grow up a KOF scene, the more players to play the best for me, now in the time of the internet (and if SNK doesn't screw up) the chance to meet players is vastly, and I love this place, is the best place to learn technical stuff about KOF in englsh (maybe there are better places in spanish, but I can't stand mexican KOF forums, those places are full of assholes, chileans one are not better though) The only thing that this place need is an actual game were you can build up an scene, with 2002 um there was a chance, the forum has some movement, but wasn't enough, even though netcode is way better than 98, is still very limited for a country like USA (for me is awesome) and here are lots of good players that are willingly to not only write writeups, but also make videos and shit like that to explain the game, I really appreciate that, but without a game, we're screwed xD

Waifu Material

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 05, 2011, 12:54:39 AM »
@Sibarraz: would it be a good idea to start a DC.com spanish forum?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 05, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
I think that must be better grow up this one, get some brand recognition and then maybe do one, but I don't know, didn't worked that well for cyberfanatix IMO

Waifu Material

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 05, 2011, 01:21:21 AM »
I think that must be better grow up this one, get some brand recognition and then maybe do one, but I don't know, didn't worked that well for cyberfanatix IMO

Cyberfanatix spanish-forum was moderated by racist individuals (no joke), we do things different around here. It would be more like a sub-forum not a completely new website.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 05, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »
Lol, there were racists there? I didn't know, I never posted there, I just made a quick observation from the place when I saw it

I don't know, my grip wasn't racism, was more than I don't know who will post there, or who could you get users that will really be useful to the forum, maybe would be better to had here more spanish talkers and then expect something

BTW, if im not wrong almost everybody here is from the south of USA, there are not latinos there who play KOF? I should expect some guys from there, isn't joke when I thought that at some point KOF was a national sport in mexico LOL. But now the only not northamericans that speak spanish here are me and shiranaui ninka

Anyway, I hate that SNK still doesn0t announce anything from the game : ( we should be talking from that instead of basing our arguments in rumours, cmon snkp don't let me down
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:35:58 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Dark Geist

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 05, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
Though there seems to be a rumor of Capcom/Snk appear at CES 2011, heres the link
http://www.cesweb.org/docs/2011_Gaming_Showcase_Flyer.pdf scroll down to Attendees from game companies
If it's true, it seems really strange

I noticed this about this PDF for CES...gaming is moving FOWARD...not forward, foward.

Having a typo makes it hard to think that the Capcom/SNK isn't one also.  Also, I really don't care if Capcom publishes it, as long as it gets released.

...and my .02 about SF...SF33s was a superb game all the way around.  SSFIV is as bad as 3s is good.
PSN:  Geist_Hexenjager

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile