Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547825 times)

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 07, 2010, 04:43:42 AM »
thats quite fast. I hope we get impressions soon. I also hope the AI operators get their hands on the patch asap

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 07, 2010, 05:40:32 AM »
Jesus Christ K' doesn't need any tweaking at all, he's just really solid.

While I agree that K' is good the way he is they still need to tweak him because

1. There's a bug where he jumps in and if you guard his attack he continues to move forward pretty much bypassing the guard animation/hit-stun and regardless whether you or the opponent gets he hit he's still in your face, which pretty much explains why you see a lot of K user's spamming his j.C/D as soon they have them in the corner

2. He can hit you with his st.C before you recover from a GCR

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11811554

besides that he's cool

Yeah, those are the tweaks I wanted for K'. After that he is fine.

All characters who have bugs that players seem to exploit need need fixing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 07, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »
From Madman in Japan:
It's still been under half a day since the update came out so there's not much details yet. I'm assuming that SNKP might make an announcement to the general public on their blog today.. if they're competent.

According to some early reports, the bugs and infinites have been taken out (say goodbye to the massive Mature population). The roll HD has reportedly been taken out. Players are saying that there doesn't seem to be any balance changes?

I probably won't have time for hands-on until the weekend. 

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 07, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
From Madman in Japan:
It's still been under half a day since the update came out so there's not much details yet. I'm assuming that SNKP might make an announcement to the general public on their blog today.. if they're competent.

According to some early reports, the bugs and infinites have been taken out (say goodbye to the massive Mature population). The roll HD has reportedly been taken out. Players are saying that there doesn't seem to be any balance changes?

nice..but the bolded sentence is a question or the players actually cant see any balance changes?

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 07, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
From Madman in Japan:

nice..but the bolded sentence is a question or the players actually cant see any balance changes?

I dunno.  I'm excited as hell since we might have it patched before our tourney (23rd of Oct).  Drawback is that they have to ship a new HDD versus just downloading some patch so we won't get it for a few days.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #575 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
From Madman in Japan:
The roll HD has reportedly been taken out. 

the HD roll taken out? what this mean? you can not be able to roll while in HD mode?

krazykone123

« Reply #576 on: October 07, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »
the HD roll taken out? what this mean? you can not be able to roll while in HD mode?

No I think he meant you can't initiate HD mode during a roll anymore

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 07, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »

No I think he meant you can't initiate HD mode during a roll anymore

Shame, it was such a feasible strat for Shen =(

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 07, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »
Finally, I can start using Raiden again.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 07, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »
It seems like characters didn't get changed except for glitches & Raiden has none. Why weren't you playing him before. And please don't say some honor bullshit.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 07, 2010, 02:10:25 PM »
This has to be one of the fastest rumor to confirmation to release ever.

Even if its just the bugs/infinites that are fixed its all good, it was pretty embarassing watching that Mature infinite in action so much.

Someone should check if they at least fixed Raiden being able to juggle after a CD counter, that was definitely not okay.

If no other balancing has been done then it is disappointing but what the hey, can't have it all. At least this way there is a smaller chance of new issues popping up (*cough* Elizabeth/Raiden XII bug *cough*).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:12:58 PM by Diavle »

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 07, 2010, 02:20:53 PM »
About balancing, let's just wait a bit longer to see what other chars need balancing. If they rush, we're not gonna like it. Plus Raiden really only need to lose his Drop Kick comboability, so as to make it akin to Tizoc's Gri-Dro kick...which is awesome. I liked HD roll...aw man.
Dude, Relax!

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
Well, I don't know about Raiden and K', but I'm sure from now on we will see more interesting Matures (because now people will play with her like a normal character, even I guess she will be less selected), Vices, Ralfs and Hwas.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
From Madman in Japan:

Oh hell no...
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
This imo is a good start if they are planning on any future changes. It's great to know that all the bugs, glitches and infinites were the priority in this update to the game and now they are gone. Unless of course someone finds something new which I'm hoping not.