Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547839 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1455 on: February 15, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
I still feel if 12 had good/excellent online, ppl would not hate it as much as they do.
Totally agreed. And some games that have a lot of love would have less of it if they have a shitty online like KOF12 has...

this game needs to get a 9 or better to give people a reason to care and to buy it.
This game is not going to wake up casual players interest. And is not going to have higher scores than 7 or 8 if the games is really good. Just because is a KOF. Japan doesn't have love for KOF or SNKPlaymore, and occident has forget about it. KOF always has been seen as an inferior game than SF. That's the truth and we can't change this.

I have known spanish translator of the game. I asked him for the release date of the game and he couldn't answer me (it's confidential), but I least I know console version is under developing. Don't give up!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:26:04 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1456 on: February 15, 2011, 01:51:45 PM »
I have known spanish translator of the game. I asked him for the release date of the game and he couldn't answer me (it's confidential), but I least I know console version is under developing. Don't give up!

this seems like good news... i assume that soon we will have a release date - still hoping it will be april this year.If/when you have any infos about the developing stage please keep us informed :)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 15, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Heh, been observing MVC3, now that its released, and if the game is accepted then it should negate the damage and Hyper Drive complaints agsinst XIII, at least. The game seems to be abundant with 100% to near 100% combos and not only that but you can actually hit multiple characters at the same time with one combo, saw a match where a guy started pummeling two of his opponent's characters at the same time and one got KO'd and the other lost over 90% health, all from one combo. Add to the fact the damage boost from X-Factor and the stuff Dark Pheonix, Sentinel etc can do and XIII seems like a kitten in comparison.

Not trying to hate on MVC3 btw, just pointing out the similarity when it comes to a frequent complaint against XIII and its combos/damage.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 15, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
Not trying to hate on MVC3 btw, just pointing out the similarity when it comes to a frequent complaint against XIII and its combos/damage.

Very true. Even moreso though, I hope this MK9 and TTT2 (even Arcana Heart 3) gets more people open to several fighters so that by the time XIII comes out,  people won't be used to just one fighter.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 15, 2011, 11:11:54 PM »

Thanks for keeping hope alive.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
I still feel if 12 had good/excellent online, ppl would not hate it as much as they do.
Totally agreed. And some games that have a lot of love would have less of it if they have a shitty online like KOF12 has...

this game needs to get a 9 or better to give people a reason to care and to buy it.
This game is not going to wake up casual players interest. And is not going to have higher scores than 7 or 8 if the games is really good. Just because is a KOF. Japan doesn't have love for KOF or SNKPlaymore, and occident has forget about it. KOF always has been seen as an inferior game than SF. That's the truth and we can't change this.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, MvC3 is boring as hell, plus it's too easy to do hard-hitting combs. Plus the chip damage from projectiles is too much. I'm waitng for KOF13, Arcana Heart 3, and BBCS2.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 16, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
KOF always has been seen as an inferior game than SF. That's the truth and we can't change this.

where did you get this? because sf being more popular than kof was not the case from 94 to basically sf4. in the arcades i think um titles are making more moey than sf4, not sure on that though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 16, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
The UM titles are far from making the same money than SF IV, hell, if we consider that SSF IV was already released, vainilla SF IV still make more money than 2002UM (last year)

Hell, I don't know where you get that KOF was more popular that SF from 94 to SF IV, if we consider that Capcom stopped making games from 2001 (capcom fighting jam never existed : P) the SF series was still more popular than KOF (in japan, if we consider worldwide, KOF was more popular, but again, there are so many factors that it will be hard to came with a decent debate about which game was more popular)

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #1463 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »
Oh look! more street fighter talk.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
Oh look! more street fighter talk.

The only Street Fight I'm lookin' at is the KOF:AD clip you have with Iori knocking the shit out of Soiree. Thanks Krazy.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1465 on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
...you have with Iori knocking the shit out of Soiree
That Soiree looks a lot like the director from playmore japan..or who ever is responsable with the release of XIII...or all of them put together

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 17, 2011, 11:48:24 PM »
Now that I've played MVC3 I really can't wait for XIII. Damn you snkp I cannot love another fighting game like kof:( I don't think I'll load MvC's disc again. It will just sit in dust on my shelf like SFIV. I am not a hater or something but it is difficult for me to adapt to anything that is not KOF:S

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 18, 2011, 12:13:42 AM »
Now that I've played MVC3 I really can't wait for XIII. Damn you snkp I cannot love another fighting game like kof:( I don't think I'll load MvC's disc again. It will just sit in dust on my shelf like SFIV. I am not a hater or something but it is difficult for me to adapt to anything that is not KOF:S

It's just a matter of time, we just have to be patient.  One thing for sure, we it does come out it'll be worth it and it won't be overhyped (if you looked around the regional posts there are ppl getting it almost 6+months later and we're still getting, "best...kof...eva." comments, as it should).  I can't wait for it myself, that way I can contribute to the wiki a lot more.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 18, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
The funny thing is we are just a few month's away from XIII's 1 year anniversary, should be the time ppl discuss the next installment but in our case we are still waiting to get the game. Instead of a XIV wish list we have a port wish list lol.

It's just a matter of time, we just have to be patient.  One thing for sure, we it does come out it'll be worth it and it won't be overhyped (if you looked around the regional posts there are ppl getting it almost 6+months later and we're still getting, "best...kof...eva." comments, as it should).  I can't wait for it myself, that way I can contribute to the wiki a lot more.

I've been meaning to ask you, and anyone else who has spent a decent amount of time with the game, how would you rate 13 compared to other KOFs? Compared to fighters overall? Where would you put it on your all time fave fighter list?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:40:44 PM by Diavle »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 19, 2011, 01:05:15 AM »
The funny thing is we are just a few month's away from XIII's 1 year anniversary, should be the time ppl discuss the next installment but in our case we are still waiting to get the game. Instead of a XIV wish list we have a port wish list lol.
If there any KOF XIV... It has been said, KoFXIII could be the last one. And watching how many time they are spend to release console version... I don't see a good future to KOF... I hope I'm wrong... Maybe KOFXIII sales will be the key.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature