Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 553261 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1470 on: February 19, 2011, 05:01:53 AM »
I've been meaning to ask you, and anyone else who has spent a decent amount of time with the game, how would you rate 13 compared to other KOFs? Compared to fighters overall? Where would you put it on your all time fave fighter list?

My favorite KOF easily.  Usually I always stop playing after 4-5 months until the console comes out for each KOF; we haven't stopped since it came out.  Compared to other fighters, it's challenging enough where veterans will still find the game pleasing and having enough depth, yet friendly enough for newcomers to give it a shot.  Overall, a pretty balanced game and I encourage anyone to give it a shot.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 19, 2011, 06:04:44 AM »
.  Overall, a pretty balanced game and I encourage anyone to give it a shot.

i wish i could man, i wish i could.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 19, 2011, 07:10:54 AM »
.  Overall, a pretty balanced game and I encourage anyone to give it a shot.

i wish i could man, i wish i could.

kane makin' people jealous lol

krazykone123

« Reply #1473 on: February 19, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
I can't wait for it myself, that way I can contribute to the wiki a lot more.

What's stopping you guys (not necessarily just "YOU", but all of you guys who've just started playing or have been playing for the last 6+ months now) from contributing to it? why the wait? nothing is going to change when the console release comes out except more people will be able to play/have access to it. To be honest the more the people who "HAVE" played it wait the less interest/care it shows to the people on the outside (i.e. the rest of the FG community).

Not to sound like a prick but I've seen people in the MUGEN and Doujin community way more dedicated than most of the people that post around here, I can't say that I set that great of a example either but I'm just sayin'. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:29:06 PM by krazykone123 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 19, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
because me visiting this forum would be useless cept for matchmakings if i actually had the game. i would contribute by fighting my opponents. not by visiting these forums for the lil bit of info every now and then. part of the reason i visit srk and dc is cause my game still ain't released. if this was the old snk from 94 to 99 i doubt id be part of any forum, id be too busy playing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 21, 2011, 04:19:42 AM »
I can't wait for it myself, that way I can contribute to the wiki a lot more.

What's stopping you guys (not necessarily just "YOU", but all of you guys who've just started playing or have been playing for the last 6+ months now) from contributing to it? why the wait? nothing is going to change when the console release comes out except more people will be able to play/have access to it. To be honest the more the people who "HAVE" played it wait the less interest/care it shows to the people on the outside (i.e. the rest of the FG community).

Not to sound like a prick but I've seen people in the MUGEN and Doujin community way more dedicated than most of the people that post around here, I can't say that I set that great of a example either but I'm just sayin'.  

Not going to make any excuses. I know I could work much harder to grow our wiki.

I think part of the mentality is that I only want to write about the characters I know and use which is about handful of characters (maybe 6-7) and I leave the rest to people that actually use them (that way I'm not just talking out of my ass).

With that said, this week I'll make sure I the characters that I use extensively I'll add my .02 to their respective wiki section.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 21, 2011, 05:44:36 AM »
Well....unfortunately for us NYC players, CTF is closing and along with it goes KOF13. Was making it my duty to go there every weekend to get some games in and even though I hate the japanese buttons and stick, I was really loving it.

And while I'm at it, for some reason when I play 13, I seem to forget that any other fighters exist. I have GGAC, MvC3, 2k2UM, 98UM and a few other fighters at home that I really enjoy playing. But for some reason, I just want 13 so damn bad because I just feel like it truly is the best well made fighting game in this new gen of gaming. Even if I have only played it for such a small amount of time, the game just grabs my attention 100%.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 21, 2011, 05:57:48 AM »
And while I'm at it, for some reason when I play 13, I seem to forget that any other fighters exist. I have GGAC, MvC3, 2k2UM, 98UM and a few other fighters at home that I really enjoy playing. But for some reason, I just want 13 so damn bad because I just feel like it truly is the best well made fighting game in this new gen of gaming. Even if I have only played it for such a small amount of time, the game just grabs my attention 100%.

Sad thing about CTF.  Regarding XIII being the best game, I TOTALLY agree with you as I've not touched 2k2UM, 98UM or XII for that matter since the release, and 2k2UM and '98UM are considered one of the greatest--it's saying a lot about XIII.

krazykone123

« Reply #1478 on: February 21, 2011, 06:08:15 AM »
Not going to make any excuses. I know I could work much harder to grow our wiki.

I think part of the mentality is that I only want to write about the characters I know and use which is about handful of characters (maybe 6-7) and I leave the rest to people that actually use them (that way I'm not just talking out of my ass).

With that said, this week I'll make sure I the characters that I use extensively I'll add my .02 to their respective wiki section.

Just telling it like it is Kane but you don't need to rush, imo it just seems like the ratio of content-less posts to actual resourceful one's are really out of whack, I can understand people are waiting for the console release or they have friends around here and wanna be more "formal" but if that's all that's happening around here then we're no different than most other KOF websites, more of the same shit-posting/unless topics/complete lack of interest and it really kills the motivation of the people that actually wanna do something, it's like baby-sitting for free.

TL;DR: People need to be more serious around here, and I don't mean do it for the sake of doing, I mean if you're really serious.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 21, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »
Well....unfortunately for us NYC players, CTF is closing and along with it goes KOF13. Was making it my duty to go there every weekend to get some games in and even though I hate the japanese buttons and stick, I was really loving it.

It is because xiii is the best kof up to date. I hope SNKp realizes that this is their ultimate chance to resurrect their franchise. Work hard on the netcode, make a good tutorial for newcomers explaining the jump system, cancels etc etc, promote it correctly and watch the money flowing in.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1480 on: February 21, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »
..promote it correctly and watch the money flowing in.

Looking how playmore is treating their games/fans lately i strongly believe they have no idea what money is even if it hit them in the face.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 22, 2011, 06:08:34 PM »
Thanks for the impressions, ppl.

Sad thing about CTF.  Regarding XIII being the best game, I TOTALLY agree with you as I've not touched 2k2UM, 98UM or XII for that matter since the release, and 2k2UM and '98UM are considered one of the greatest--it's saying a lot about XIII.

The odd thing is that I belong to the camp that hasn't had the chance to play it even once but just based on what I have seen I feel like ranking it as my no.1 fighter. Everything looks just so right about it, as if a testament to all the knowledge and expertise SNK has gained over the years in the genre, collected in one neat package.

Yeah there are rumors of their gaming devision going down but if this is their last swan song then what a way to go. That said though rumors of SNK going down are nothing new so I'll remain optimistic and will wait for XIV.

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 25, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »
I have known spanish translator of the game. I asked him for the release date of the game and he couldn't answer me (it's confidential), but I least I know console version is under developing. Don't give up!
WOW,If this is true,its a HUGE news

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 27, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
its normal, they vcant just release bs games and think theyll make a profit, they fucked themselves. i just hope 13 gets released and one of the dev guys becomes the new game president.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »

I have known spanish translator of the game. I asked him for the release date of the game and he couldn't answer me (it's confidential), but I least I know console version is under developing. Don't give up!

I registered just to warn you and the forum that IF the guy you spoke to is Fersis ( programmer from Argentina, he posts on Gaf too ) he s full of shit. SNKp is struggling right now, Arcade Classics 0 will probably be the last product of the GAME section.

Even  Trouble Witches Neo is being held back. You read here first.

Oh by the way, i m actually more sad than you probably right now, i just can't see fans not knowing the truth.
SNKP Game section will probably not survive the Japanese fiscal year. Again, read it here first.

If any of this is true, I'd take a downloadable version like Arcana Heart 3 is getting. With arcades carrying the game going down, and SNKp in whatever circumstances they're in, while I want the best they can offer (which is most of what they gave the 1.1 version), I'll take what I can get but hope for the best in the long run.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995