Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 552519 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 01, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »
On playasia, ignition are noted as publishers for kof 13, am i the only one who's noticed or is it just disregarded?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 01, 2011, 07:31:39 AM »
Disregarded it's old info

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 01, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
I'll try to give some logic to these stupid rumors.

As Shiranui_ninja said it is silly not to release XIII at this point. Since "they are closing" the gaming department they could just give xiii for download with the crappiest netcode. It can only give profit. Since they are closing down why they don't just do that and move on to their mobile gadgets department? The only reason I see for delaying the home port is to make a proper release. I don't think they don't have at least some resources to create a good netcode and port the arcade version as it is. We are getting xiii one way or another. JUST BE PATIENT AND STOP PULLING THINGS OUT OF YOUR @#!.

Sorry for my bad english.

P.S. I don't thing KOF is gonna die after XIII either. Someone will take over.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:13:02 AM by JohnCrawley »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 01, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
i think you bros need to calm down

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1504 on: March 01, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
Shenzhen (China) Tournament held in February:
http://www.tudou.com/home/item_u56250527s0p1.html (my chinese channel)

I uploaded the first match (warm up) also in my youtube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/italiancrustpunx ) but in China utube is too damn slow, so my bro will keep uploading videos only on tudou. My bro filmed the full tournament,kudos to him.
My bro has played in the tournament and he lost. The tournament was held on the 19th of Feb, my bro just played the game 3 times before the tourney xD (he was the only western there)

Quick question:  How popular is XIII in China?

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 02, 2011, 01:23:48 AM »
Shenzhen (China) Tournament held in February:
http://www.tudou.com/home/item_u56250527s0p1.html (my chinese channel)

I uploaded the first match (warm up) also in my youtube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/italiancrustpunx ) but in China utube is too damn slow, so my bro will keep uploading videos only on tudou. My bro filmed the full tournament,kudos to him.
My bro has played in the tournament and he lost. The tournament was held on the 19th of Feb, my bro just played the game 3 times before the tourney xD (he was the only western there)

As far as myself is concerned, i ve been to Shanghai. I went to an arcade where there were 2 XIII machines.. empty lol
The guy i know there told me that XIII is not that popular in Shanghai -.-
I ask my bro to check the forum and write about Shenzhen

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 02, 2011, 02:14:57 AM »

As far as myself is concerned, i ve been to Shanghai. I went to an arcade where there were 2 XIII machines.. empty lol

Shenzhen should be have the same amount as interest as HK since they're neighboring cities.

As for the vids, I was a little disappointed at the level of skill considering it's China.  I guess they're never going to like it as much as '98 and '02 =(

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 02, 2011, 09:06:32 AM »

Shenzhen should be have the same amount as interest as HK since they're neighboring cities.

As for the vids, I was a little disappointed at the level of skill considering it's China.  I guess they're never going to like it as much as '98 and '02 =(

My bro (i still didnt watch all of the videos since i dont ve them here) said that the next bunch should be better.
As for myself, i played just 1 day (3hours more or less) and i played with 3 guys:
1 awful
1 awful
1 knew the game
the 3rd one was a chinese i know in shanghai.. it was fun until he chose Raiden.. being my first time with the game he just fucked me up with that 100% combo

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 02, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
the 3rd one was a chinese i know in shanghai.. it was fun until he chose Raiden.. being my first time with the game he just fucked me up with that 100% combo

I'm sure that was experienced by a lot of players who may have wanted to get into the game.

It was downright retarded of SNK not to have nerfed him when they did that patch.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 03, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »

I'm sure that was experienced by a lot of players who may have wanted to get into the game.

It was downright retarded of SNK not to have nerfed him when they did that patch.

ah that's for sure... i tried to use him but i cant play holding the 2 kicks... lol

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 03, 2011, 04:52:26 AM »

Well shenzhen just have 2 places where u can find 13. One in NanShan ,one @ the kkmall. KKmall`s has no players, or at least worth mentioning,that plae is good just for training and vs cpu,nothing else (this also for 2k2um and 97). The other one is where te tourney was held back in february. In there the skills level is pretty high when the people actually want to play the game (ex. back to the toruney, the warm up matches were amazing, the tourney itself just casuals...actually i dont know why during the tourney the players just chill out that much...). Problem is that not a lot of ppl actually want to play the game... in my opinion Shenzhen is too much under the 9798 influence... i mean ,here, players play every kof from 97 to 2k2, but too many are just focused on 9798.... it`s a pity.
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
XIII being played at Planet Zero's tournament in TX is very good indeed. And as far as I recall, SNKP isn't shutting down the game department and that rumor was put to rest.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 03, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
Sad reading KOF XIII is not that popular in China. Looks like something similar happens in Mexico, where KOF XIII is in several arcades, but is always empty and people play 2002UM (from what some mexicans comment in speksnk forums). I'm starting to hate 2002UM..

Sad to see kofers and even SNKP, from what we see and what we read, don't bet for new re-birth of series. I know XIII has less characters and less command/special moves. But if people and snkp give an oportunity to the game I'm sure we could see an awesome KOF in a few time, with a lot of characters that now are missing (shingo, rock, vanessa, mary, billy, chang, choi, eiji, geese, etc) and new ones, more special moves, command moves, DMs, even new ones no ever seen in older kofs! new story, new teams, new bosses, news in gameplay... I think future could be full of news and great things in KOF world now that a new era has started. But without love for XIII... probably we won't see that awesome future for KOF, and people will play 2002UM eternally.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 03, 2011, 11:52:06 AM »
XIII being played at Planet Zero's tournament in TX is very good indeed. And as far as I recall, SNKP isn't shutting down the game department and that rumor was put to rest.

After the adelheid rumor being unlockable after some hours of gameplay I don't buy any rumor.

Sad reading KOF XIII is not that popular in China. Looks like something similar happens in Mexico, where KOF XIII is in several arcades, but is always empty and people play 2002UM (from what some mexicans comment in speksnk forums). I'm starting to hate 2002UM..

Sad to see kofers and even SNKP, from what we see and what we read, don't bet for new re-birth of series. I know XIII has less characters and less command/special moves. But if people and snkp give an oportunity to the game I'm sure we could see an awesome KOF in a few time, with a lot of characters that now are missing (shingo, rock, vanessa, mary, billy, chang, choi, eiji, geese, etc) and new ones, more special moves, command moves, DMs, even new ones no ever seen in older kofs! new story, new teams, new bosses, news in gameplay... I think future could be full of news and great things in KOF world now that a new era has started. But without love for XIII... probably we won't see that awesome future for KOF, and people will play 2002UM eternally.

Blame SNKp for that. If ppl like AI weren't there organizing some tournaments to keep the hype alive the game would have been dead long time ago.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:54:07 AM by JohnCrawley »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 03, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »
and the world goes round and round
this depressing shit need to stop, i wish i could pay people to play kof xiii that is not going to happen, nothing new lets just move on, what ever happens happens and there is still a future unless many of you don't believe in one