Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547664 times)

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
at that point. Someone should figure out a way to have some sort of info/vid collaboration between China and US if they're liking the stuff out of Arcade Infinity with u guys (here's to hoping a scene pops up at Arcade UFO as well) and slowly build up from there.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
In regards to HD mode, can you bypass like 2k2 could?? Like old maxima cB, cB, qcf+BC etc.

And have anyone found certain links into DM via BC bypass aswell? EG : Yashiro cA, cA, sA, sB, qcf x2 BC

Sorry for the late response-- Since all the specials can be bypassed into (qcf+BC), Shen's Ex command throw (hcb~f+ABC), K' j.CD into air.qcb +BCD etc, I'm sure you can do the same DMs as well but I'll confirm.  It's going to be a variation of ABC or BCD.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
"Against HD"?, "swearing it off"? I don't recall saying those words? o_0

What I can tell you is that at the moment I use a full HD combo in about 75% of my games

So what was that bs about it not being practical and going for drive cancel instea... wait, forget it, I don't even want to know.

at that point. Someone should figure out a way to have some sort of info/vid collaboration between China and US if they're liking the stuff out of Arcade Infinity with u guys (here's to hoping a scene pops up at Arcade UFO as well) and slowly build up from there.

Things will start actually progressing and stuff like you mention happening after the console release, I think. Kinda moot at this point since so few ppl have access.

Cross country rivalry and collaboration would be very cool.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »
In regards to HD mode, can you bypass like 2k2 could?? Like old maxima cB, cB, qcf+BC etc.

And have anyone found certain links into DM via BC bypass aswell? EG : Yashiro cA, cA, sA, sB, qcf x2 BC

Sorry for the late response-- Since all the specials can be bypassed into (qcf+BC), Shen's Ex command throw (hcb~f+ABC), K' j.CD into air.qcb +BCD etc, I'm sure you can do the same DMs as well but I'll confirm.  It's going to be a variation of ABC or BCD.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess in the second example was in 2k2 when a DM normally wouldnt be cancellable off a particular attack. In that case, you normally couldnt connect a DM off sB but doing the DM with BC takes more stocks and will connect. I merely was seeing if that is possible since i see alot of DMs dont like if they are non EX dms.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:56 PM »
WOW even Mr.KOF him self was a victim of focusing in landing and an HD combo, well I guess that sets the record straigh. So now that we all understand the point about HD combos we can move on.

In regards to HD Mode bypass, Kensou has a neat one. He can d.B,s.B,s.BC and you will get a standing C in HD mode. IMO a great way to start an HD combo since it's a lot easier to land a d.B than a s.D.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »
Unused KOF13 stages :

I hope we see them in the console version (i'm not gonna lure lyself, in that case it will be DLC ).

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »
2 things, i wanna see ALL the unused bg's in the console version.

second, i thought you couldnt get into hd mode unless you cancelled a normal or command normal. not with specials or dm's? am i getting this right? if so wtf.

does this mean terry could do sC 2 hits, powerwave, bc, combo on?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2010, 05:19:10 PM »
maybe... as long as they remain in hit stun... i believe doing qcf.BC will cause this... and u would probably be able to cancel that into something... or i think after you activate it this way you can't HDC right away... i could be wrong though...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »

Sorry for the late response-- Since all the specials can be bypassed into (qcf+BC), Shen's Ex command throw (hcb~f+ABC), K' j.CD into air.qcb +BCD etc, I'm sure you can do the same DMs as well but I'll confirm.  It's going to be a variation of ABC or BCD.

Yeah you can do it from DMs, I did it with Iori before with d.A -> d.B -> f+A -> qcf hcb+BC
Only reason you would do this is for easy neomax after

Just gotta check if it works with EX supers

2 things, i wanna see ALL the unused bg's in the console version.

second, i thought you couldnt get into hd mode unless you cancelled a normal or command normal. not with specials or dm's? am i getting this right? if so wtf.

does this mean terry could do sC 2 hits, powerwave, bc, combo on?

What we mean by this is that you can't do s.C -> qcf+A -> BC -> continue, the HD won't activate

A shortcut would be s.C -> qcf+BC (C version will come out) -> continue

doing s.C -> BC -> s.C is pretty easy in XIII though (compared to 2k2), it's really not worth doing the shortcut. I think the times shortcuts help if when you're doing CD attacks. We were just pointing out that this is possible.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:56:57 PM by Ash »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »
So "Ash" (LMAO) you think that with Kensou, would it be possible to do d.B,d.B, qcf+BC and I will get an HD mode rekka?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »
Hahah, yeah I've been using that since FF12 (Ashe) and KOF2003 (Ash) came out.

Yeah that should work if d.b combos into qcf+C normally. Not sure since I haven't used Kensou in XIII yet. I've only used him in XII which I always did A version.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
kewl I'll try it, hope to see you at AI today.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:53 PM »
WOW even Mr.KOF him self was a victim of focusing in landing and an HD combo, well I guess that sets the record straigh. So now that we all understand the point about HD combos we can move on.

In regards to HD Mode bypass, Kensou has a neat one. He can d.B,s.B,s.BC and you will get a standing C in HD mode. IMO a great way to start an HD combo since it's a lot easier to land a d.B than a s.D.

For Kensou I don't see why d.B x2, qcf ABC wouldn't come out as qcf AC+hyperdrive activated since the strongest strength button (in this case C) usually overrides (hence d.B, s.B, s.BC produces a s.C).  EDIT:  Didn't read above.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2010, 10:13:32 PM »
Quick question: Is jump CD in 13? I never liked jump CD in the other games because of it's spamability so I hope it isn't in this one.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
Quick question: Is jump CD in 13? I never liked jump CD in the other games because of it's spamability so I hope it isn't in this one.
Yes it's in & if you're losing to J. CD spam you got shit you need to work on.