Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547833 times)

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
Quick question: Is jump CD in 13? I never liked jump CD in the other games because of it's spamability so I hope it isn't in this one.

Isn't it just as spammable as any other jumping attack?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »
Quick question: Is jump CD in 13? I never liked jump CD in the other games because of it's spamability so I hope it isn't in this one.

Not only are they in this game, but they even restored one (Leona's jump ;c ;d) to it's former glory!

Isn't it just as spammable as any other jumping attack?

A jump CD produces more hitstun on block than normal jump-ins. So it's normally a fairly safe approach method.

However, j.CD's also have more start-up than normal jumping moves, so it's easy to jab/dp people who spam them, moreso on those who use them in a sloppy manner.

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »
I finally found the KOF XIII ost. PM me if you want the link.
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

XI

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
Is there any good direct feed on boss battle video?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »
I can now confirm that with Kensou is possible to do d.B,d.B,qcf+BC and you will get his first rekka in HD MODE. I think this is great since landing a d.B is a lot easier than a s.C or s.D plus it's a lot easier to hit confirm.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:01 PM »

Yeah. it could could get annoying against characters like Chris. They seem to be better in this one though, don't remember seeing a match yet with heavy CD abuse.

I can now confirm that with Kensou is possible to do d.B,d.B,qcf+BC and you will get his first rekka in HD MODE. I think this is great since landing a d.B is a lot easier than a s.C or s.D plus it's a lot easier to hit confirm.

So like 2k2 then, I used to do... cr.B, cr. A, df+D, qcf+BC... and continued on in BC mode past that.

Is there any good direct feed on boss battle video?

Don't think so.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
@diable: sounds very similar but not sure if it's exactly the same, I didn't use kensou in 2k2. I would strongly recommend this method to start an HD combo. 
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2010, 09:38:12 PM »
@diable: sounds very similar but not sure if it's exactly the same, I didn't use kensou in 2k2. I would strongly recommend this method to start an HD combo.  

Whoops, sorry, forgot to mention that it was Kyo with whom I did that combo in 2k2.

The disadvantage in 2k2 was that you needed two meters to enter BC mode like that, instead of one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:42:23 PM by Diavle »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a list of characters who make a cameo in each background? This is one of the small things I always loved about recent SNK games and would like to know which characters show up in the backgrounds.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a list of characters who make a cameo in each background? This is one of the small things I always loved about recent SNK games and would like to know which characters show up in the backgrounds.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22704742&postcount=3850
Bam
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
From Perfect Stranger from ON:

Tidbits from the Arcadia mook, released today:

- Neo Max moves generally do 450 (e.g. Kyo's does 10 x 45, Takuma, Clark) or 480 (e.g. Ash, Raiden, Ryo)) damage. There are exceptions though, e.g. Duolon's (10*40 damage), Goro (500).

Damage scaling:
- Every hit past the first one takes a 5% damage scaling cut.
- Damage scaling is normally capped at 20%. However, there are some moves (supposed to be limited to certain DMs/EX DMs/Neo Maxes) whose damage scaling is capped at 50% (Example given in the mook is if you have a 100 damage attack, no the 18th hit, you'd expect the damage to be 100 x (1- (17*0.05)) = 15, but the actual damage is 20. No actual example of a move in game is given however!)
- When doing a Max Cancel, the Neo Max ignores the regular damage scaling formula, but suffers damage scaling equal to the DM that was used for the Max Cancel. TLDR: Max Cancelling gives you slightly better damage scaling.
- Some multi hit DMs suffer the same damage scaling through all hits (e.g. if the first hit of a 6 hit DM suffers from 75% damage scaling, all 6 hits are scaled to 75%)
- Some moves are free from damage scaling entirely. Supposed to be common for the last hit of "Lock" type moves (once the first hit connects, the rest of the move connects as though the opponent is caught).
- Lowest damage value in the game is 4, hence if moves would suffer from damage scaling that would push them to a value less than 4, it's bumped up to 4.

Guard crush:
- Most characters have a guard crush bar limit of 100 points. Ralf and Clark have 120, Maxima and Daimon have 150, making them harder to guard crush
- Opponent being guard crushed is vulnerable for 3 counts of the timer
- Guard crush bar recovers at rate of 9 points per second.

Drive Cancels:
- You can't DC out of moves that were blocked.
- Can't DC out of projectiles/ most command grabs (Goro can DC from dp.K)
- Can't DC from weak version of move to strong version of move and vice versa.
- Can DC from non-EX version to EX version, but not vice versa.
- Can't DC from one move into the same move.

Super Cancels
- CAN SC from projectiles
- CAN SC blocked moves
- CAN SC from certain moves without hitting like kara cancel. (example picture shown is Robert SCing (into Ranbu?) after a fireball while the opponent is on the other end of the screen)

Hyper Drive Mode
- Can only do when Drive bar is full.
- Can Hyper Drive in mid-air. There's no Hyper drive animation like on the ground, but if you do BC in air apparently your character automatically does a jump C after going into Hyper Drive mode.
- Some characters can do some bypass type stuff. Example was Leona, where doing mid air qcf~hcb+BC automatically does her V-Slasher (If hit, I guess you can immediately do a Max Cancel).
- On ground activation, if you do a Hyper Drive Cancel from a normal/command move, character automatically dashes forward slightly. During this dash animation, if you input a motion/press a button, the dash animation stops.
- Can cancel from special moves to Neo Max
- Can Hyper Drive cancel even when moves are blocked.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2010, 12:54:18 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Is the air Hyper Drive info completely new? I don't think I've heard anyone mention it or use it. Wonder if ppl will even bother using it since you have to make the very first hit count, no easy hit confirms.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2010, 01:02:56 AM »
From Perfect Stranger from ON:
Guard crush:
- Most characters have a guard crush bar limit of 100 points. Ralf and Clark have 120, Maxima and Daimon have 150, making them harder to guard crush
- Opponent being guard crushed is vulnerable for 3 counts of the timer
- Guard crush bar recovers at rate of 9 points per second.
That explains the time when I did Shen's fully charged qcf+C and didn't gc Ralf.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2010, 01:41:47 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Is the air Hyper Drive info completely new? I don't think I've heard anyone mention it or use it. Wonder if ppl will even bother using it since you have to make the very first hit count, no easy hit confirms.

Yeah I mentioned it in a combo under the character discussion for K' that involves j.BCD

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2010, 02:49:48 AM »
When I heard about Drive Canceling, I thought people would be able to do the SFIV DP mash on wake up FADC crap, but good shit SNK.  Can't DC on block.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.