Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547798 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2160 on: May 31, 2011, 06:11:41 AM »
I remember someone saying that MadMax or some big fish from Ignition said KOF XII had some profit, maybe a little profit, but getting some money after the failure mess that was KOF XII, it could give us some idea about the profit of XIII console version (IF any).

But i agree , after XII, KOF gained a negative image, who knows what is going to happen in the future :\

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: May 31, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
I remember someone saying that MadMax or some big fish from Ignition said KOF XII had some profit, maybe a little profit, but getting some money after the failure mess that was KOF XII, it could give us some idea about the profit of XIII console version (IF any).

But i agree , after XII, KOF gained a negative image, who knows what is going to happen in the future :\

Having bad online in both of their best KOFs (98UM & 02UM in XBLA) didn't help either. =/

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
You should ask playmore.Soon this game will be 1 year old and we have no info  about a console port only rumors and people running amok :)) (and usually they used to port the arcade games in max 6 months on console).it seems that no and personally i don't think so because no one cares about kof -> lack of publicity and a good game in years, they had a chance with XII but they blew it.Hope it gets released so i can play it or i will have to steal some organs to buy the board

Keep this in mind.  Final version of Arcana Heart 3 came out in December 2009 in Japan.  Console port did not hit until early 2011 and US release was April 2011.

So KOF XIII isn't that long compared to other games, and Arcana Heart 3 had a lot more popularity then KOF in Japan.

Or how about Tekken 6?  It came out in Japan in November 2007.  Console release?  October 2009.  Some arcade games just take time.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
do think kof xiii will be profitable for snk?
i know this is little retarded but still ..

Of course it will. But only if console version is a good one. KOF XII was a failure not because being a KOF, it was a failure because was missing everything a game has to have (funny gameplay, fan favourites characters, story, teams, endings, final boss, good online, game modes online and offline, good AI, etc) If KOF XIII is released with all these features I don't see why it shouldn't be profitable. Is not popular as SF or MK, or MvC3, but still could sell OK if the game is worthy. Of course it could be even more profitable if SNKP make some marketing...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2164 on: May 31, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »
@Homies Over Shotos

I was talking about playmore.They used to do this (port the game in a maximum period on 6 months - 1 year maximum i think)
Tekken 6 and arcana heart 3 were always in top 3 for a couple of years - if they wanted to sell the arcade for sure they promised not to release it for console after 1,2 x years given the popularity and that no arcade owner will buy it if they knew that a console port will be released in the near future (we all know how much a setup costs).Even the professor at madman's caffe said some time ago that a lot of arcades were taking out XIII to make room for AE and BBCS2.
I think playmore might have signed an exclusive contract with the arcades in japan and maybe that's why it's taking so long to announce it.It's not hard to port a pc game for console - i think the port is already done and they just wait to release it.Sooner or later they must release it because they invested too much moneys in this game.the wait is just killing us that don't have acces to the game - lol

samirerre

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: May 31, 2011, 05:44:07 PM »
its sad that no one almost even care about snk
they made more fighting games then anyone
meyba snk needs to put in kof xiii some guest characters like violent ken from sf and devil kazuya from tekken

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
If snkp didn't rush to release kof12 before completion,status of kof now would be different.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: May 31, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »
Well, idk, SNKP planned to go in different markets before releasing kof xii...

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: May 31, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
I think there's a stream going on

http://nico.ms/lv51860386#lv51860386
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:48:58 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2169 on: May 31, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »

Keep this in mind.  Final version of Arcana Heart 3 came out in December 2009 in Japan.  Console port did not hit until early 2011 and US release was April 2011.

So KOF XIII isn't that long compared to other games, and Arcana Heart 3 had a lot more popularity then KOF in Japan.

Or how about Tekken 6?  It came out in Japan in November 2007.  Console release?  October 2009.  Some arcade games just take time.

That's a good point, KOFXI came out in arcades in Japan in 2005, consoles in Japan in 2006, then FINALLY on USA ps2s in 2007 for 14 bucks.

I'd say let them take their time for it can be great. But I would like to know if any of the people involved are still alive.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:58:53 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:06:36 AM by a11111357 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 01, 2011, 05:12:00 AM »
Well, idk, SNKP planned to go in different markets before releasing kof xii...

That's very true. XII if anything feels more like 3rd Strike.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 01, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
@Homies Over Shotos

I was talking about playmore.They used to do this (port the game in a maximum period on 6 months - 1 year maximum i think)
Tekken 6 and arcana heart 3 were always in top 3 for a couple of years - if they wanted to sell the arcade for sure they promised not to release it for console after 1,2 x years given the popularity and that no arcade owner will buy it if they knew that a console port will be released in the near future (we all know how much a setup costs).Even the professor at madman's caffe said some time ago that a lot of arcades were taking out XIII to make room for AE and BBCS2.
I think playmore might have signed an exclusive contract with the arcades in japan and maybe that's why it's taking so long to announce it.It's not hard to port a pc game for console - i think the port is already done and they just wait to release it.Sooner or later they must release it because they invested too much moneys in this game.the wait is just killing us that don't have acces to the game - lol

You're also forgetting one thing.  At that period in time, SNK made their own console, they had a lot more pull and were given a lot more clearance and leeway then they would be now. 

Wouldn't surprise me if SNKP signed a contract.  IF they worked on the game since it was finished, I would not be surprised if the game is done, all the modes are finished, extras done, and extra characters being worked on to put in the final package.  The game was probably finished half a year ago or even more for the console port since it only took 2 1/2 months for KOF XII to be ported home.  That extra time is either with an arcade agreement or they're doing something truly phenominal for the home port.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 01, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »
I think playmore might have signed an exclusive contract with the arcades in japan and maybe that's why it's taking so long to announce it.

Just out of curiosity, but, when you say this, who do you imagine is signing the other half of that contract? Do you imagine SNK signing contracts with all the giant arcade owners (Sega, Namco, Taito) or what? Is there any precedence for that, with any other arcade game?

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I just can't make out how this would work in a business sense.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 01, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
Probably SNKP would signed that contract with Taito. But I think it wasn't the case, BlazBlue has released its titles...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature