Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547857 times)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2175 on: June 01, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
or arcade version publisher Konami
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:16:09 PM by a11111357 »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2176 on: June 01, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
@Rex Dart

think that in these days everybody that buys an arcade setup wants to be sure he will make some moneys with it.I don't have any proof just made a logical argument.,,,why wait 2-3 years to release a port for the console? - an obligation.In this case i think playmore assured everybody that bought an arcade that they won't port it to console in X years.Personally if i had an arcade i wouldn't spend so much money on a setup knowing that in a few months it will be available on consoles because it's bad business :)
I am sure that the arcades owners and the developers talk about this things in private and some kind of monopoly on both sides is agreed upon.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:01 PM »
@KBlack

Your argument makes sense, but I think you may be looking at this from the perspective of a 90s arcade goer. Back then, maybe people mostly went to arcades to play the latest games they couldn't play elsewhere, but I don't know how true that is for modern Japanese arcades.

If you look at the most-played arcade games from Arcadia's rankings, almost half of them are available on consoles. Tekken 6, Blazblue CS, and 2002UM continue to do great despite having console versions out. 2002UM even had a console version out FIRST, and it went on to become the most-played KOF game of the last five years. I just don't think Japanese arcade owners are that worried about console versions anymore, since a good game is usually enough to attract players.

And on the flip side, if the game was a flop, having exclusive access to it wouldn't make it much more profitable. If XII had been released five years after the arcade version game out, do you really think arcades would have made more money off it?

If SNKP really had talked with everyone who bought the arcade version about an exclusivity deal, I'm certain we'd have heard about it by now. I believe the AI players were on good terms with the former owner of AI, and with the owner of Alex's Arcade. Maybe we should be hitting them up for info on the console version?  ;)

or arcade version publisher Konami
That would make sense. I'd forgotten Konami was the publisher.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2178 on: June 01, 2011, 04:08:22 PM »
For the most part arcade games that are doing good are being given about 6months to 1 year exclusivity in arcades - like tekken 6 and blazeblue.XII was released quickly because it was shit and playmore had to make money with it with console version ... only if we knew.I think arcade owners need this because on console you don't have to keep on putting quarters and you will spend less time and money in the arcade when you can train and play versus at home for free.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:10:54 PM by KBlackNoah »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
Console version not always means stop playing arcade. Some casuals who play arcade because they don't have home version, probably will stop playing arcade when they have it, but at the same time a game which has console version probably will rise in top arcade rankings and gains number of players. People has the chance to training, get used and improve their game at home for free, and then go to compite in the arcade. I think this will be the case of XIII, console version will increase number of arcade version players.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

syxx

« Reply #2180 on: June 01, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »
The rom got dumped, not leaked yet.  No, I don't have it.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 01, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »

I hear somebody is trying get it to work with the BBCS loader.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 01, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »

Is it alright for me to really want it to be leaked?! I mean... I think this will help the wait be less painful.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:33 PM »
The rom got dumped, not leaked yet.  No, I don't have it.

Is it alright for me to really want it to be leaked?! I mean... I think this will help the wait be less painful.
no its not alright

[spoiler]nah im just kiddin tbh it would be nice since there is no way for most of us to get hold of a XIII cab[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:27:29 PM by Xxenace »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 01, 2011, 11:00:21 PM »

I like I said in the past, I think that it would only benefit the community.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2185 on: June 01, 2011, 11:24:58 PM »
this is great news ... hope they leak it soon.This means extra pressure on playmore to make a good online.Personally i won't order XIII untill i see some reviews...if the online is fucked i will buy it used dirt cheap from a reseller :) .. and in the mean time play the leaked rom ^^
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:27:08 PM by KBlackNoah »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 01, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »
this is great news ... hope they leak it soon.This means extra pressure on playmore to make a good online.Personally i won't order XIII untill i see some reviews...if the online is fucked i will buy it used dirt cheap from a reseller :) .. and in the mean time play the leaked rom ^^

I think that buying it used will affect SNKP more. Even if the online sucks, I will buy it, because I know the game will be awesome to play for tournaments and such. If you really care about SNKP, then buying the game new or at a discount will help them. (Discount =/= Used)

Because we want SNKP to keep doing games, so we shouldn't buy them used.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 02, 2011, 12:28:37 AM »

I think that buying it used will affect SNKP more. Even if the online sucks, I will buy it, because I know the game will be awesome to play for tournaments and such. If you really care about SNKP, then buying the game new or at a discount will help them. (Discount =/= Used)

Because we want SNKP to keep doing games, so we shouldn't buy them used.

DarKaoZ has a good point. Whether you get the leaked version or not, this really is SNKP's-sink-or-swim title, or at least the title that will determine how much effort they will put into their games from here on out. Purchasing new or reserving the game (or even discounted like DarKoaZ suggested) are probably the only ways SNK can measure how much people want XIII.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 02, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »
Yup, I'm buying it day 1, I'm a fighting game fan and I buy all my fighters day one. Well except for MK, my PS3 YLOD so I didn't saw the need to buy it right away. Getting it back next week from repair though.

Anyways, we shouldn't buy KOFXIII used, since Gamestop or any other retailers are the only ones getting benefit from that buy, they don't give a cent to SNKP.

BTW here is some info from Professor of MMCafe:

One of the long-time contributors to the King of Fighters series on the Internet is the Japanese player Dune. Yesterday night, Dune gave a long sneek-preview of some KOF13 tournament videos (batch 2 of the 13-on-13 battles), which should be posted for general viewing at Nicovideo in the near future.

The presentation was made by a nico live stream and a couple of English viewers including Kane317 joined in text. A number of trivial info came and went, half of it which were not true. Since I was coincedently present and did some translations, I'll also do the favor of setting what's right from wrong.

- In terms of tier, his opinion on KOF13 is that K' and Raiden are the two top characters, while Terry and Goro are at the bottom. He notes that Raiden is a bit of an unstable character.
- According to SNKP, there are no problems posting KOF videos on the Internet as long as the copyrights are there. For those legal reasons, Dune's videos have a clear disclaimer at the end and never uses music outside of SNKPlaymore's rights (no anime or Jpop, for instance). He is studying to become a lawyer.
- He never faced Daigo Umehara in any game. He seems to be particularly worried about any wrong rumors that he actually beat Daigo in KOF.

I'm not sure how that last part came about, considering Daigo Umehara isn't a KOF player.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:57:46 AM by Kane317 »

syxx

« Reply #2189 on: June 02, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »
i'm pretty sure someone will run a kof 13 tournament at evo but it's all just speculation (Kane317))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:00:30 AM by Kane317 »