Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547979 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2205 on: June 02, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »
If SNKP hears "Rom Leak", I'd love to see them respond with an official demo. Or heck, if there's a rom link, let them host it on their own servers! ;) Red Lynx did something like that with the PC version of Trials HD; They leaked the game itself, with the inability for leaderboard uploads, to kinda give people a demo without being able to save your scores.

Going by most of the gameplay videos, if they released a "leak" that had everything in the acrade version BUT the ability to play K' in VS mode, I'm sure people would still buy it 100% :)

Random Thought: Does anyone have as insane an attack link-> Command throw, as Shermie does with her standing ;b into hcf ;a / ;c? It came to mind after watching Goro fight in one of these recent gameplay vids; it seems so rare to watch Goro's or Clark's combo into their throws in this. game... and lets not even talk about someone like Benimaru, lol.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2206 on: June 02, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »

Like I said, having a ROM would only help the community since it will be consider more like a demo since we all know that is not going to be the final product we will receive in the console version but it will let people get a taste of this great game.

Exactly, look at BBCS, their game got leaked before it dropped and ppl still bought it, and the publisher and developer didnt have any bullshit about it.

Plus not EVERYONE will be able to have to full specs to run  the game either. I think I will have to do some upgrading to my pc for that.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2207 on: June 02, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Arcana Heart 3 also got leaked, like a week before the console version came out.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 02, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
Exactly, look at BBCS, their game got leaked before it dropped and ppl still bought it, and the publisher and developer didnt have any bullshit about it.

Well, AkSys made a funny video about "stealing is bad" or something like that. But other than that, you are right, they didn't made much of a problem about it.

If someone leaks the game, i will download it, but also i will buy the original game day 1, because of the juicy extras it should have. 

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 02, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
I don't see how would an emulated version would stop people from buying the console version.

1. I'm sure we are all aware that the console versions will have new content, what is it? I don't know but even if it's one new character it will make that arcade version obsolete.

2. Online play, those emulated versions don't have online play so unless you want to play with yourself (literally) all day you need to buy console.

3. Updates/Patches, MK9 and MvC3 have had multiple updates and patches just a few days/weeks after the release. So just one update or patch will make that arcade version obsolete.

4. At tournaments the console version will be used, so if you are at home training on the emulated version chances are that when you go to a public event you'll experience a difference or have a hard time getting used to the console version. I've heard there are mvc3 players who have a hard time adjusting the differences between the PS3 and Xbox versions of the game.

Like I said, having a ROM would only help the community since it will be consider more like a demo since we all know that is not going to be the final product we will receive in the console version but it will let people get a taste of this great game.

Yup! Pretty much!

The console version WILL get new content, that is a fact. It would be stupid to think SNKP has been doing NOTHING besides porting to consoles all this time.

Heck, I had BlazBlueCS in my computer and I used it to practice my combos and learn the new character (Hazama) and I still got the game day one. Heck I bought both DLC characters. I will do the same for XIII.

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 03, 2011, 04:50:18 AM »
Is there anyway we can bug SNKP about the console release soon during/before/after E3?

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 03, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
Is there anyway we can bug SNKP about the console release soon during/before/after E3?

I don't think so, it looks like SNKP is going to be absent from E3. Maybe asking other E3-present possible publishers wouldn't hurt.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 03, 2011, 05:43:21 AM »
most likely not and i think a lot of people have already tired

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 03, 2011, 05:53:08 AM »
As much as I sympathize with the desire to bug SNK, I don't think it'll do any good.

This isn't like when Sega doesn't announce the VF console version, or Namco doesn't announce US versions of the Tales games. If Sega or Namco don't release those games, they can release other games. They have other ways to make money.

KOF XIII is SNK's ONLY new game. (You might include SNK Classics 0 too, but that's never going to be a money-maker outside of Japan.) The console version is certainly coming.

My current theory is that SNK had a one-year exclusive publishing contract with Konami. And around this July (one year since the game's release) we'll see an announcement for the console version.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: June 03, 2011, 05:55:27 AM »
As much as I sympathize with the desire to bug SNK, I don't think it'll do any good.

This isn't like when Sega doesn't announce the VF console version, or Namco doesn't announce US versions of the Tales games. If Sega or Namco don't release those games, they can release other games. They have other ways to make money.

KOF XIII is SNK's ONLY new game. (You might include SNK Classics 0 too, but that's never going to be a money-maker outside of Japan.) The console version is certainly coming.

My current theory is that SNK had a one-year exclusive publishing contract with Konami. And around this July (one year since the game's release) we'll see an announcement for the console version.
i was thinking this too

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2215 on: June 03, 2011, 07:10:55 AM »
@Rex Dart
That was my theory..get your own - lol

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 03, 2011, 07:38:14 AM »

you know, besides the 1 year konami contract the rest of what you said is actually pretty much a given. you could even be right with the konami statement, but i dont think they made a deal like that honestly. it was more about the private problems of snkp that it took soo long to release the game.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 03, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »
Dunno if this will be KOFXIII related or not, but I just learned that SkullGirls it's been distributed by Konami.

First KOFXIII and now SkullGirls?? It seems Konami really wants to enter the Fighting Game arena. Hopefully Konami also distributes KOF XIII on consoles. And since SkullGirls will be using GGPO, maybe KOFXIII could use it too??

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:16 AM »
@Rex Dart
That was my theory..get your own - lol

I thought your theory was that SNK had a deal with arcade owners.

My theory is 100% original. :P

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 03, 2011, 04:59:32 PM »
This conversation is regarding Shen, Liz and how tier lists can change over time I brought it over from the vid thread.

I will disagree that Shen is lower than Liz, good example we've seen that the Japanese players are not afraid to tier whore and in the videos we've seen them use Shen A LOT more than Liz. I feel like it was the hype of the first few months but once people started figuring out characters like Shen she dropped. I see Liz lower or the highest at Shens level but not a bit higher.

Changes in tiers list happen in every game a perfect example is MvC2 8 years ago Cable was ranked #1 than people figured out Magneto and they dropped Cable, than Sentinel and they dropped Cable even more and just last year they ranked Iron Man higher than Cable. Cable is now ranked #5 IIRC.

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof