Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547827 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2010, 05:30:24 AM »
sup kaede? didnt know you where into kof. good to see you here as well.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2010, 06:11:05 AM »
sup kaede? didnt know you where into kof. good to see you here as well.

Are you kidding kof is my life,lol

I lurk most of the time now, I try to play more nowadays

It's going to be a pain in the ass to check both sites, but hell I'll do it for kof
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:35:04 PM by Rukawa »

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:51 AM »
I'll keep that in mind. Reading his post just gave me a headache (I'm not kidding) and I just had a flashback to the head exploding scene in Scanners.

Sorry dude but I think you are the noob here. Invincible DPs have been in KoF forever, even 2k2 the game you claim that they aren't. You say you wanna talk strategy but you don't even understand basic fighting game concepts... You've got some serious learning to do before you spout off that kind of attitude.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2010, 07:53:09 AM »
If he blocks your meaty is that like a cock block?

What kind of meaty attack could you use that is punishable? Also if you're using a punishable meaty attack to counter a dp, then you'd probably be best off blocking the dp and go for a full combo.

And that would depend on the character and on the situation. I'm not going to fucking argue this all fucking day. You like invincible SRK's? Fine. Let's talk about something else like strategies, what (if anything) will be done for the home port, the size of Kula's tits, and whatever. Move the fuck on.

Seriously don't bother with Ash his a noob, he has no idea of what his talking about. He is always asking me how to cancel K's DP+A into qcf+A. I guess I'll tell him in the technical thread.

hahah you're so bad, just don't use kensou d.B, d.B, qcf+BC and I won't ask you for the shortcut ( which is dp+A, f+A =P )

I'll keep that in mind. Reading his post just gave me a headache (I'm not kidding) and I just had a flashback to the head exploding scene in Scanners.

Sorry dude but I think you are the noob here. Invincible DPs have been in KoF forever, even 2k2 the game you claim that they aren't. You say you wanna talk strategy but you don't even understand basic fighting game concepts... You've got some serious learning to do before you spout off that kind of attitude.

Yeah they're still in the game, but in XIII they nerfed some of them, but still are pretty damn good. Pretty sure they did this on purpose because they wanted people to use EX versions more. I've seen ppl get hit out of dp's a little bit more often now, but still worth using most of them time against jumps. C or D versions of dp's tend to have more invincibility SLIGHTLY more start up.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:58:41 AM by Ash »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2010, 08:00:11 AM »

Whatever you say, you sure showed me. I better watch out or the KOF nazi's will appear and tell me I'm a newb. I sure do have a lot of learning to do. You mean if I study long and hard and read these forums all the time, I can be just like you? Man, I sure better get to practicing.

What part of move on did you fail to understand? I'm not continuing this. If you want to, be my guest. I'll let you think that you won an argument on the internet if that means some constructive conversation will be allowed to flourish.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »

Whatever you say, you sure showed me. I better watch out or the KOF nazi's will appear and tell me I'm a newb. I sure do have a lot of learning to do. You mean if I study long and hard and read these forums all the time, I can be just like you? Man, I sure better get to practicing.

What part of move on did you fail to understand? I'm not continuing this. If you want to, be my guest. I'll let you think that you won an argument on the internet if that means some constructive conversation will be allowed to flourish.

Moving on people.  Let's stay constructive like Ash said.  On a personal note, I've always thought forums should have a specific thread just so that people can bitch it out, unrestrained, flexing their E-penises.  I maybe part of the minority, but sure taking it to the PMs is the right thing to do, but there's no fun or drama in do so lol.  Having said that, not in this thread. =)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:40:14 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
@Ash: dammit you got me.....<33333
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »

ill give you 1 tip, play the game. most people that learned the game did so before the forums existed, play and learn. back then we didnt have anybody to tell us how to play sf2 or ss or kof, play and learn. i understand abusive shit and not liking it, but invincible dp's aint even close to being something like that.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
You know Diavle brought up a good point over in the video thread about the Ex bugs:
If they abuse the ex bug then they won't have super often either.

Particularly for Goro (call me bias, I don't really use Takuma--yet ^-^), I rather people use his Ex Quake (dp+AC) all day instead of worrying about his Ex Command throw in the corner into df.C x3 into hcf+AC, passing on his stocks to the next character, or worrying about his counter NM.

Anytime he lifts his arm you're meant to jump anyways (although I think Ex Quake has a huge frontal/aerial hitbox).  If the argument is that he can [DC] his Ex Quake into dp+K then you would have been close enough to have eaten the dp+K anyways if you got hit by the Ex Quake.  Am I missing something here (other than the obvious, "it was never intended to be abused that way argument")?

Takuma on the other hand, greatly benefits from his bug as it extends his combos.  However, you don't have to worry about getting hit by any of his DMs, or he passing his stocks to people.

Last point, maybe Takuma and Goro should be last characters, since they hog all the stocks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:38:17 PM by Kane317 »

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »
Hey, wasn't there a tournament at AI last night??  How did that go!?!?

EDIT: Cool, thanks!!  Good luck to everyone participating tonight!!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:30:39 PM by JTSNOW6 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
That's today
" you fight well in the old style"

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2010, 08:45:23 PM »
anybody know when the vids will be released?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2010, 12:38:50 AM »
in a few days
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2010, 01:24:42 AM »
Any details from the tournament. Any spectators, anything of interest?