Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547842 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »
hd gonna be real nice.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »
Any details from the tournament. Any spectators, anything of interest?

Definitely gathered a crowd, considering how little people were in the Arcade (early Saturday afternoon, can't expect much). Nothing out of the unusual tournament play is always less fun to watch, less flashy, nervous mistakes etc...

Raiden was really the star of the show, even the Ex bugs pale in comparison (and they were abused-- even I used it for the first real time).

At the end of the whole thing while trying to reset the machine from event mode back to normal, The Answer and I caught a glimpse of the data log-- most character used, total gameplay time, money spent etc. It's on Direct Feed so hopefully everything gets uploaded.

It was the first time doing the commentaries, didn't really know what to say so I apologize in advance hehe.

---
On a separate note, hasn't Arcade UFO had XIII for some time now, no vids or even impression?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:42:33 PM by Kane317 »

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2010, 12:49:15 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this since the expanding the scene thread was closed but:

We should get on the SRK Network News!!!!!!

http://shoryuken.com/content/srk-network-news-monday-august-23-2010-1506/

Check this out!!  They even say that:

If you're a site owner and interested in joining the SRK Network, stay tuned for our next round of submissions in just a couple of months.

If we make it then it can ONLY be good for the scene!!!!!!

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »
A large article, interviewing Mr.Kukino and Yamamoto, with very huge images of the game. But in japanese:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/111/G011100/20100820077/

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2010, 01:31:07 AM »
A large article, interviewing Mr.Kukino and Yamamoto, with very huge images of the game. But in japanese:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/111/G011100/20100820077/

It's kinda cool to see the actually game at their workplace yet at the same time it's clear that SNK headquarters doesn't have Capcom's budget.  I've see way smaller companies with a nicer office.

How many pixels (in length) are the Super Meter and Drive Meter?

I don't understand how we would know the answer to that question.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2010, 03:55:03 AM »
Easy. Usually, you gain one pixel per hit received. Some cases are different i.e. KOF 98 UM Extra Mode meter = 3 pixels her hit received or blocked times 16 occurrences = 48 pixels.

Cool, but how would we know that?  It's not like an arbitrary guess-estimate, "oh yeah, 48 pixels."  That type of info would have to be reveal in dev-blogs or somewhere of that sort of nature.   I suppose I would have to translate the entire Mook but I don't have the resources (translate.google.com can only do so much).  

phoenix

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:52 AM »
Easy. Usually, you gain one pixel per hit received. Some cases are different i.e. KOF 98 UM Extra Mode meter = 3 pixels her hit received or blocked times 16 occurrences = 48 pixels.

You could of course take a full screen screenshot and measure it yourself, maybe some of the guys who have access to the arcade machine will be nice enough to check how many hits fit in one bar. Then you can calculate how many pixel increase there is per hit.

I'm pretty sure the kofxiii says nothing on bar increase in numerical terms.

phoenix

« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »
It's definitely not going to be one pixel, and I know a whole bunch of games that historically are nothing like that.

The power gauge is well over 100pixels wide (maybe 200, 250ish?), if it'd increase only one pixel per hit, that would mean you'd have to hit your opponent over 100 times before you fill one stock. Especially in a HD game where resolutions are much higher it would make no sense to equate 1pixel to one hit/blocked blow.

You either have a different definition from everyone else what 'a pixel' is, or you're not making much sense.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »
Fine. Im not making much sense. That's that, i suppose.

this ^

<3
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
<3 right back at ya.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »
regarding pixels and and meters and whatnot, the only thing i can say for sure is that i get punched in the face a few times by Mr. KoF, and then he does an HD combo with full meters in the corner every round hahahah i think this game engine gives you more meters if you're Mr. KoF
In it to win it!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »
haha I thought the same thing but then I realized  I blow alot of meter on ex moves so I'm always at 0 or one lol
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
haha I thought the same thing but then I realized  I blow alot of meter on ex moves so I'm always at 0 or one lol

I noticed that about you too, it's not a right or wrong thing, you can win just by sticking to the basics and using Ex moves when needed (but you'll never save up enough for a neomax etc...that's just the consequences).

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2010, 11:48:04 PM »
yeah ex moves are pretty useful and all but I think I need to kick it back a couple notches cuz it really limits me towards the back end of a match when if I hit I cause small percentage of damage but when they hit i get blown up for 10 secs lol

and it also has to do with me not capable of delivering that knockout punch because of the lack of know how, but that's changing with every visit but we'll see there's so many to go about it this game is so deep
" you fight well in the old style"

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2010, 03:52:05 AM »
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2010/08/post_28.html
Blog Update. Do these prototype character look familiar?

Imagine if they all could make it in for console release! (O.O)