Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547647 times)

krazykone123

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:37:07 AM by krazykone123 »

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 04:58:22 PM »
This month's Arcadia will feature KOFXIII, articles include hyperdrive combos, continuation of the team stories, and some thing about all characters (can't read that much Japanese ).

Will do a write up on my blog as usual when i get that, and post that here as well.

http://arcadiamagazine.com/

SkatanMilla

• New Challenger
  • Bakyuun~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
Love Duo Lon's face on that cover, everybody else is pissed but Duo Lon seems to contemplate if Shen's hair is edible.
- Beasting or just regular beastiality? -

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:30:50 PM »
nice cover
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
So I take it that it's different from the mook coming out August 6th?  EDIT:  I might just pick this up today.

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
This is just the monthly magazine, latest issue comes out on the 30th July, the mook is a seperate book :)

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:34:25 AM »
Kinokuniya bookstores will be taking orders on the 6th of August for the master guide.
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 02:47:29 PM »
If anyone living near a Kinokuniya store would be willing, I'd like to pick up a few copies - 1 to scan for the site and 1 for me personally. PM me!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
I was thinking of buying a copy of one of those. play-asia.com has the arcadia magazine but what about the master guide (mook?). I think it would be cool to have one of those and take it to AI when we go play, for new players.

EDIT: I would like to apologize since we were not able to capture direct feed video matches yesterday, we had some technical difficulties. Sorry we are working on doing it asap.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:38:58 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

XI

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »
So, how is KoF XIII doing in USA? Is any hardcore street fighter players give a try for this game?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »

So, how is KoF XIII doing in USA? Is any hardcore street fighter players give a try for this game?

Almost daily we're seeing more and more people trying the game, it's hard to tell who's going to stick and become a regular, but I've counted 3 so far in AI and growing.  A few of the '02UM players are rubber necking all day at the XII machine coz we draw a crowd, especially as our gameplay has improved a lot already.

I was thinking of buying a copy of one of those. play-asia.com has the arcadia magazine but what about the master guide (mook?). I think it would be cool to have one of those and take it to AI when we go play, for new players.

THE ANSWER, no need to buy it online, just buy it from a Japanese bookstore.  Mitsuwa in Costa Mesa carries it usually, I checked yesterday and they think it should come in next Tuesday =(.   They carry Arcadia monthly, but I dunno how it's going to work out for the mook.

EDIT: Apparently The Professor over at mmcafe got himself a copy of Arcadia (it helps to be in Japan) and has the following interesting things to say:

Very very quick notes on that latest issue of Arcadia magazine--

1. Arcadia's top tier picks are K', Mature, and Iori. The three characters weren't listed in any order of ranking because that's the teamup that the magazine expects to see a lot at the Tougeki tournament (preliminaries starts from Aug.1). The magazine also picked Kyo, Elisabeth, and Maxima as their secondary choice of characters.

2.Raiden and I *think* it was Takuma, was also mentioned because they have some powerful combos. In fact, Takuma apparently has a knockout/100% combo that can be done as long as he has about 70% of his drive meter full.

IMO, Raiden is powerful but hard to use. He has some weird attributes, like his closeup fierce kick is an overhead. He's in my choice of teamup.

Toxico: Hopefully there'd be some sort of update, at least for the home console version. There's some balance issues too, with K' and Iori making the game feel like XI all over again.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:14:26 PM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »
Damn, looks like SNK may have messed up the balance afterall (aside from bugs/infinite).

Wonder by how big of a margin those three lead in their books. A lot of characters look to have potential so I'm thinking, or rather hoping, that's its just players going for safe choices since SBO is on the horizon. At least it looks like Kim isn't broken lol.

Aside from the console version SNK should definietely patch the arcade version as well.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »
@KANE317:

Good stuff man!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »
Too easy to jump to conclusions on tiers. The tiers could be close together or really far apart and tiers aren't everything (which SSFIV is good at proving among others *ironically*) One of the habits that really need to be broken is the idea that only top tier  are competitive, but isn't exactly easy to do as HK and JPN tourneys usually rep top tiers avg.

Also, Sugarboy at CX posted up a download link for Arcadia if u guys wanna grab it from there. Should be in the main discussion board
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/?topic=1154.msg30485;topicseen#new

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »
^Thanks for the link! Sugarboy rox.

Edit: Leona looks sooooo pretty!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:39:10 PM by Aion »