Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547717 times)

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #495 on: September 21, 2010, 07:38:55 PM »
There's only two Raiden users at AI. If they decide not to use him, it's only to cater to the Youtube whiners.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »
As a testament to Raidens godliness how about I ( the very UN-godly player) picks him up and plays him in the tournament I mean theoretically It should close the gap against most right?
" you fight well in the old style"

krazykone123

« Reply #497 on: September 22, 2010, 01:43:51 AM »
There's only two Raiden users at AI. If they decide not to use him, it's only to cater to the Youtube whiners.

Well it's up to you guys, regardless if someone uses Raiden or not the youtube peanut gallery will find something to complain about anyway so it's w/e

[;b] [;d]+16 seconds lol

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 22, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »
As a testament to Raidens godliness how about I ( the very UN-godly player) picks him up and plays him in the tournament I mean theoretically It should close the gap against most right?

It might even handicap you even more believe it or not; but go ahead :)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 22, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »
Yeah It sounded like a good idea couple of hours ago lol.  I'd probly just waist my time
" you fight well in the old style"

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »
just sth i thought last night
why "ban" only raiden and no takuma (with the mask)? He has a combo that is kinda of an infinite thanks to the infinite EX. I know that his combo is more difficult than Raiden's but still "broke", dont u think so?
U can see the Takuma's combo in some taiwanese matches on youtube.. 60hits (or more,dont remember)=stun-->repeat.. sth like mature's infinite

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
Wait, you guys are actually serious on this banning thing?

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

I don't see any problem in banning Raiden. Bosses are banned in the most of tournaments. If Raiden is broken as a boss is fair to bann him.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »
Guys Raiden is NOT BANNED! He is just not going to be used.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 23, 2010, 04:44:29 AM »

I don't see any problem in banning Raiden. Bosses are banned in the most of tournaments. If Raiden is broken as a boss is fair to bann him.

People are overracting with that of raiden being broken as a boss, more if we compare them to KOF boss who had priority on EVERYTHING and can spam the screen with one hundred projectiles

Raiden is god tier, no question about it, but I really doubt that is unbeateable like some people think, it's just that he is reallly hard to beat, but with some learning on the matchups and other shit, I think that he could play fine, even though I'm on the wagon that he needs to be balanced

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 23, 2010, 05:30:52 AM »
god? maybe not even. dangerous as a second or 3rd character? fuck yeah.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 23, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »
IMO Raiden isn't "god tier", he just has some hella strong toolsets that are versatile and serve him well.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I maintain that I rather play a bunch of Raidens than K', Kula, Kyo and Lizs IMO.  (Come to think of it Kyo's not even that bad)

Guys Raiden is NOT BANNED! He is just not going to be used by the regulars.

Fixed.  I was going to add, "with self-respect" at the end, but people might think I was being serious :/

Well it's up to you guys, regardless if someone uses Raiden or not the youtube peanut gallery will find something to complain about anyway so it's w/e

[;b] [;d]+16 seconds lol

True, the complainers will always find something to complain about.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:34:42 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 23, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
as a first character hes doable, but when he starts the round off with a bar or 2 and some drivecancel bars hes pretty much op. one combo, your dead. only have to wait till times reaches the 50 something mark and its on. if you got a good raiden this is pretty doable, you only sacrifice your command throw and roll, blowbackattack.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 23, 2010, 09:01:18 PM »
as a first character hes doable, but when he starts the round off with a bar or 2 and some drivecancel bars hes pretty much op. one combo, your dead. only have to wait till times reaches the 50 something mark and its on. if you got a good raiden this is pretty doable, you only sacrifice your command throw and roll, blowbackattack.

Mind you, if he's starting the round with 2 bars and drive cancels, that means it is 2 bars and drive cancels that his first (two) characters didn't use.  Realistically, by the time you got to Raiden you were in the lead, Raiden will even it up one character or two characters by burning his stocks/cancels, and you'll fight Raiden on even terms for the final round.  A clearer example would be the people who have 5 stock and full cancel gauge by the last round is probably because his first two characters didn't use any or barely any.

It's hard to see how the stock usage dynamics come to play without playing the game...4leaf is very popular for doing Shen's 95+% combo on us in the 5th round (using 5 stocks, full cancel gauge)--but it makes sense coz he doesn't use much stocks+gauge during the first 4 rounds so it kinda balances out.  If you've played kof2K it was somewhat similar with striker usage.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:47:14 PM by Kane317 »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 24, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
Beating Raiden under any circumstance as long as he's formidable is a plus, or is to me. Call it years of leveling up to conquer SNK bosses more easily, but beating cheap strategies or close-to-cheap with tactics just makes you a better fighter. And as dangerous as that drop kick is, I bet it handicaps players from using other decent moves he has just to exploit that. How many times has Raiden grabbed someone when he could have - not as much as he should.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995