Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 548092 times)

krazykone123

Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 24, 2010, 11:54:25 PM »
And as dangerous as that drop kick is, I bet it handicaps players from using other decent moves he has just to exploit that. How many times has Raiden grabbed someone when he could have - not as much as he should.

While it does handicap you (not so much the throwing aspect), you could still hold off your opponent if you switch up your play-style to well placed pokes while zoning with Poison Mist, Oeppu's Raiden is easily the best example

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA3NDcxMzc2.html

Raiden has 3 moves that can be done with the kick buttons, Neomax is one of them and dropkick is another and they both combo together pretty well, so yeah
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:59:15 PM by krazykone123 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 25, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »
to solid and kane, when a raiden player is good he can overcome his disadvantages. also just cause you have 1 bar or 2 bars and half a hd bar doesnt mean your first character didnt use any of it. it just means that he left that much over for raiden. raidden with 1 or 2 bars and half a hd bar can pretty much 90% you or kill you with 2 dropkicks. your only chance is to rush him down in the first 16 seconds when he cant roll, cd and command grab you. after that you gotta try to bait that shit. but 1 mistake, just 1, and he gets a crouching or standing A in or something worse and your pretty much dead. 1 thing that needs fixing is def his dropkick among the infinites and bugs. his highest level should only do 200 max, not 250. cause with all the benefits he gets when the move is fully charged, it should be doing that much damage. just my 2 cents.

but the 2 charcters i cant stand at all are k and betty, especially betty. k needs some work done on his qcf move, move needs more lag afterwards. i mean when you dont do a follow up after it, just the qcfP.

also even takuma still got his infinite, i saw it in the vids yesterday, tha firebal > dash > standing lp > anything.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
but 1 mistake, just 1, and he gets a crouching or standing A in or something worse and your pretty much dead.

I agree with most of what you said, I'll add that most characters can near kill you with the one mistake you make.  It may not be 90% but it's usually 70%.  It feels about the same, and they don't have to wait 16 seconds, they just need a couple stocks and drive. 

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 25, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »
agreed, but 1 huge fact is that other characters need more stocks or hd bars to do this (cept takuma, but he really needs to combo in to it, he cant just punish you like raiden does with that pimped up dropkick). and they need a legit mistake, with raiden the mistake doesnt have to be huge like a missed hp dp or anything as retarded as that. just one miss timed roll or fb from half a screen away and bam, he got you. 1 mistake from 3/4 screen away and bam, you dead. no other character can do it like this, not even the bosses i suspect. those are the best spend 16 seconds a player could spend. you just hope you can kill him in those 16 seconds, its better to waste all your bars and cancels to kill this bitch. then face a k, kula or lizzy as the 3rd character when you have no more bars left. like i said, just making the dropkick 200 instead of 250 would probably fix most of his bs. wed have 80% combos instead of 90%.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
i just translated (in italian) an interview to Dune about KOF13 for an italian blog... well...13 is gonna to an end soon .... if you want further details just drop a line
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:32:29 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
share the shit man, links if you gots.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2010, 12:17:04 AM »
Okay, I really think that Raiden can be 100% legit if they just make lvl 3 & 4 dropkicks EX moves.  Think about it!! Counter hit release B, s.A, release D, NeoMax takes 98% of life, right?  That's PERFECT for a 5 stock and full meter combo.  Some people opt for the EX shoulder charge technique, which as it stands can be looped A LOT.  With lvl 3 & 4 dropkicks being EX, people would end up only being able to do three of those MAX (and usually less due to team order, stocks, etc)!!  So what do you all think?  Keep the Raiden gameplay and scariness alive, just make people pay for it!!

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2010, 12:24:15 AM »
That would normally work except japan found a cheaper version with using 2 ex tackles and a big bomber for about the same damage. Personally. I think holding both buttons down to charge only 1 dropkick is a quick and easy solution.

JT_Chill

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »
Okay, I really think that Raiden can be 100% legit if they just make lvl 3 & 4 dropkicks EX moves.  Think about it!! Counter hit release B, s.A, release D, NeoMax takes 98% of life, right?  That's PERFECT for a 5 stock and full meter combo.  Some people opt for the EX shoulder charge technique, which as it stands can be looped A LOT.  With lvl 3 & 4 dropkicks being EX, people would end up only being able to do three of those MAX (and usually less due to team order, stocks, etc)!!  So what do you all think?  Keep the Raiden gameplay and scariness alive, just make people pay for it!!

I think this is where the Deadlocks were meant to be. But, from watching the vids from the U.S., France and Asia, I see different fighting styles. Someone is going to come up with a way to beat that Drop Kick.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 28, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
I think the Drop Kick was intentionally left that strong, I remember the blog entry in which they were talking about Raiden Drop Kick and how good it was.

But the question now is, how much should Raiden Drop Kick take off damage to be "fair" and Raiden Useless? Because most of the cast have a really good arsenal of combos that take a lot of damage.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 28, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
IMO to be "fair" just nerf it to the point that is not there anymore, lol

the most you should be able to charge it is to level 2 drop kick that's fair.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
Since we'll probably get a nerfed Raiden by the console release, I'll honestly miss XIII's version of Sagat. Some fighting game final bosses don't get discussed this much for the need to be nerfed; I would've loved to develop winning strategies against him with low or mid tier characters.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 28, 2010, 11:42:07 PM »
SC4's Hilda would be a better comparison to Raiden. Can you imagine if they left that drop kick on console release? Button map anyone?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 29, 2010, 12:29:52 AM »
LMAO! Button map 2 extra Kicks! I can already picture that
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #524 on: September 29, 2010, 12:40:24 AM »
I have to ask, when have full charge move ever really been USEFUL in a fighting game, before Raiden's here? Especially in high level play? I very rarely have seen anyone use Balrogs TAP seriously (I've seen lots of button binded pressure games, but nothing with default setups...), Makoto's charged Hayate's will NEVER reach max level charge in a serious fight without dizzy or something, Hilde's mostly seemed useful only with button binds...

Have charged button moves ever really worked out? I'm kinda happy to see Raiden's being worth something, I must admit. It's nice to see such a strong technique from someone who isn't a bishonen main character, for one, and even though it's still pretty easy, it still takes more work and planning than the usual "big guy win button" techniques, like SPDs or single super moves.

I could deal with them creating an EX drop out of the current lvl 4, and leaving the regulars to only go to lvl 2 or 3. EX would require both buttons to be released at the same time, so you'd only have 1 insane dropkick, or 2 not-as-impressive normal ones. My main concern is the HUGE amount of damage he dives for no meter usage. It doesn't take drive, it doesn't take EX... even if they figured out a way to make it an HD-mode only combo, it'd feel more reasonable VS the capabilities of the rest of the cast.

And hey, DarKaoZ, haven't see you around in a while! Yo!