Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547768 times)

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #585 on: October 07, 2010, 07:34:17 PM »
From Madman in Japan:
It's still been under half a day since the update came out so there's not much details yet. I'm assuming that SNKP might make an announcement to the general public on their blog today.. if they're competent.

According to some early reports, the bugs and infinites have been taken out (say goodbye to the massive Mature population). The roll HD has reportedly been taken out. Players are saying that there doesn't seem to be any balance changes?
I probably won't have time for hands-on until the weekend. 

Oh hell no...

to me if they  took off the infinites they already did some kind of rebalance changes

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »
I agree, I think the main points here are that they care and are making moves in the right direction.  The more we show support for the game, the more we will get in return.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »
The only balancing issues that they need to fix are some properties of raiden with the dropkick, the jumping attacks of K and maybe the DM of elisabeth

With the rest the game is fine IMO, maybe a better damage scaling will be good too

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2010, 09:10:06 PM »
It seems like characters didn't get changed except for glitches & Raiden has none. Why weren't you playing him before. And please don't say some honor bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with having some honor.  I personally never will touch certain characters but that's just me, just like I will never run away when time is up and my life is higher (in fact I keep on attacking--always).  For the record, we never asked Mr. Kof or Reynald in this case, to not use Raiden, then gave them up voluntarily--they're not shameless.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #589 on: October 07, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »
I think they are not going to fix anything of that...

Damn, I want a patch's report! nobody says nothing

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 07, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
I wonder. Since they have said that this patch will be free for places who already own the game, could it be that they have already started product on extra machines but with the updated software?

And since you guys at AI already have a pre patch machine, how exactly will you be getting the patch? Is it some kind of USB thing or a brand new HD with the game in it?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 07, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
I wonder. Since they have said that this patch will be free for places who already own the game, could it be that they have already started product on extra machines but with the updated software?

And since you guys at AI already have a pre patch machine, how exactly will you be getting the patch? Is it some kind of USB thing or a brand new HD with the game in it?

I think the easiest way would be to get a USB drive but we think is going to be a new HDD, Kane317 and 4leaf are going today and I'm sure they are going to ask the owner.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 07, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
YES this is awesome. finally i don't have to worry about triggering the glitch when i'm spamming vice's splash hahaha

another "glitch" i hope they fix: king's neomax doesn't work. ever. it sucks. it's sooo bad.
In it to win it!

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 07, 2010, 10:42:46 PM »
It seems like characters didn't get changed except for glitches & Raiden has none. Why weren't you playing him before. And please don't say some honor bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with having some honor.
If you're just playing casually, any other time I'm using as much bullshit as I can. And I've always found reverse tier whores more annoying than actual ones.

I personally never will touch certain characters but that's just me,
I don't have a problem with that as long as people don't make a big deal about having "honor".

just like I will never run away when time is up and my life is higher (in fact I keep on attacking--always).
Like the complete oppisite of me, If I got a life lead I play lame as fuck.

For the record, we never asked Mr. Kof or Reynald in this case, to not use Raiden, then gave them up voluntarily--they're not shameless.
Good for them I guess. Meanwhile whenever I eventually get access to the game if Gameworks gets it or another Cali trip is planned you can bet I'm going to be abusing th efuck out of them dropkicks.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »

I think the easiest way would be to get a USB drive but we think is going to be a new HDD, Kane317 and 4leaf are going today and I'm sure they are going to ask the owner.

Correction, drill the owner.

YES this is awesome. finally i don't have to worry about triggering the glitch when i'm spamming vice's splash hahaha

another "glitch" i hope they fix: king's neomax doesn't work. ever. it sucks. it's sooo bad.

Another glitch is that Chin doesn't have enough range and mobility :)

If you're just playing casually, any other time I'm using as much bullshit as I can. And I've always found reverse tier whores more annoying than actual ones.

I'm sure you do.  So I guess we differ in opinions. I should note there's a difference in reverse tier whores, and playing non top tier characters.

I don't have a problem with that as long as people don't make a big deal about having "honor".

I'm never vocal about it at the arcade, most of it is inferred, but it's all about subtlety.  I feel IMHO, most people should have an intrinsic BS meter and they know what's kinda too far and what's not, but there's no rule certainly, and I guess it's all subjective as with this debate as a whole.

Like the complete oppisite of me, If I got a life lead I play lame as fuck.

When I was in HK for a year during '98's hay-day, the timer was set at the fastest, and that's ALL people did back then--just run away all day.  As that's a legitimate win, I made a conscious effort not to do the same as personally I dislike that tactic.  In retrospect, one thing I loved about XI is their judgement indicator, it totally favored aggressive players and less turtling/run-away strategies.  

Good for them I guess. Meanwhile whenever I eventually get access to the game if Gameworks gets it or another Cali trip is planned you can bet I'm going to be abusing the fuck out of them dropkicks.

We actually never had problems with people doing dropkicks that were casual players, it was the veterans that played a lot, had a variety of skill sets, yet still fell back on the dropkicks that made some of us cringe.  Like I've said before, it's really a compliment to the player.  

I'll be looking forward to play with you when you come to cali, let us know.  The Tuscon group (Jeremy H) was planning a trip in November; it'll be fun.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:14:05 PM by Kane317 »

Cronopio

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:33 PM »
The only balancing issues that they need to fix are some properties of raiden with the dropkick, the jumping attacks of K and maybe the DM of elisabeth

With the rest the game is fine IMO, maybe a better damage scaling will be good too

Maybe they should fix the fact that most people play 6-8 characters out of 30+. They need to buff the hell out of the rest of the cast and tone down a bit the tops.

Also, the HD bar lasts way too long. Worse than V-Ism. They should make it more  KOF 2k2-like.

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 07, 2010, 11:49:26 PM »
Awesome, I'm so glad that players will now pick Mature because she is great solid character instead of picking her for the easy win because of that infinite.

Hopefully the patch is easily installed.

I'm sure it is, if the patch already came out that fast, it has to be an easy install.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 08, 2010, 12:19:38 AM »

Maybe they should fix the fact that most people play 6-8 characters out of 30+. They need to buff the hell out of the rest of the cast and tone down a bit the tops.

Also, the HD bar lasts way too long. Worse than V-Ism. They should make it more  KOF 2k2-like.

Balancing a game is not that easy, hell, look at blazblue.

hell, in 98UM there are a 85% that you will see Krauser in a fight, and the game will still be balanced, at least a balanced game for me is that the game almost anyone had a chance to win.  The same could be said from 2002UM

Characters that will appear always is something that happens in almost all the fighting games, more in a 3 vs 3 game where there are more chances that characters will be repeated

IF you buff and nerf all the characters, people will bitch about how this buff had make the characters too powerful, and the old top tiers too weak. See the comparision between calamity trigger / continuum shift.

At least I got the impression that a good amount of characters in this game had good tools to took a good percentage of your life bar, but there is also some characters who are more easy to use/more broken

Waifu Material

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 08, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The players will just switch to the new top tiers. Simple as that.  They'll just be a new batch of "6-8" characters.  In 02UM it happened. Athena/Billy/Choi aren't weak characters in that game and players just switched to the new top tiers.  Also, I'll willing to bet that a lot of players in general ignoring skill level play a small number of characters.  There will always be a strong showing of a combination of characters being played in any game.

And on top of that there's a lot that goes on that doesn't even get uploaded.  If anything from what has been "seen", the only characters I'd personally say have some SERIOUS trouble is Clark and Ryo.   And I will admit that my opinion stems from the Clark players for the most part getting stomped out. I kinda figured Clark wouldn't mesh well with the HD combos.  

I'm not a fan of HD combos in general aside from them looking cool.  Seems SNK just has to set up a way to do monster damage in KOF.   I don't think it's worse than V-ism though.  Players get guard crushed all the time because of V-Ism.  KOF players hit confirm their HD combos.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:28:57 AM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 08, 2010, 01:32:58 AM »
I'm glad SNK is caring though ; )