Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 548038 times)

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #795 on: October 17, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »
Sorry if this has already been answered, but what exactly is the basis for these ratios?  Usage, or is there a tier list out there somewhere?

Was wondering the same thing myself...
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 17, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »
Sorry if this has already been answered, but what exactly is the basis for these ratios?  Usage, or is there a tier list out there somewhere?
Was wondering the same thing myself...

The original XI one was based off of usage, perhaps Madman could explain better since he speaks the language.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:29 AM »
Yo Kane, is the tournament over??

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 18, 2010, 02:34:14 AM »
Yo Kane, is the tournament over??

Urm, it's next week.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 18, 2010, 03:05:05 AM »
I am fairly confident in a few months everyone at AI will be happier once that they've explored newer characters, ultimately what we want is everyone to play Random to demonstrate a better mastery of XIII (which comprises of 31 characters).

I am still intrigued about any secret characters making it to the console version.
SNK is taking their time to announce the console port....maybe if we are lucky they will add new characters.
Problem is this time they can´t just get them from another game, they have to redraw them back from scratch (unless they put in a classic Iori, in wich case only the special moves had to be re-made).
It would be great to have extra characters but considering how much it took to re-draw and animate the new sprites......I am not so sure. Unless they have a couple of them already done for KOF XIV (like what happened with Mature and Elizabeth in XII).
Ha ha, I guess my comment has nothing to do with the ratio discussion but honestly...everyone already express how they feel about it and it seems the discussion is going in circles now.

One question to people who are playing this game, does K' still says "nandato?" when he is defeated?

From what I've noticed, ever since they made Shen also say "Nandato!" since XII, K' just screams every time. I always found it weird, since Shen says it in a very similar way to K' in previous games .

Thanks for your reply. Those are supposed to the catchphrases of the characters, I don´t mind Shen saying "Shikisho" & "Nandato"....but why take that out from an older and classic character like K'? Or they have some kind of issue with 2 characters saying the same line??? If that were the case (eventhou it is ridiculous), let the older character keep his line...besides, "shikisho" was Shen's original line....
SNK has usually been kinda faithfull to their characters so it is really weird.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:06:58 AM by Nagare_Ryouma »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 18, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »
On another little tidbit, Tougeki is pretty much no holds barred. Aside from the fame, add in the fact that they offer prize money, things can get ugly since competitors hide their best techs and bugs until their time on the stage. That's why a few of the bug reports for XIII didn't pop out until rather recently; players spilled them out after the tournament since they no longer cared.

Man seriously what the hell? Oh well, its not like its the first time to see this to happen or other fighting games.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 18, 2010, 04:41:38 AM »
Stuff like that has gone on since the first tournament happened, SIFTN, Save it For The Nationals

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #802 on: October 18, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
Posted by the Professor on MMC:

Ratio Chart, Shinjuku Carnival version

* One of the main arcades attacting KOFXIII players in Tokyo.
* Chart considers character usage within Carnival and will be used for next month's tournament.

Max 4 points
4- K', Raiden
3- Andy, Shen, Kyo, Iori, Kula, Elisabeth, Takuma
2- Leona, Ash, Benimaru, Yuri, Kim, Duolon, Chin
1- Goro, Terry, Kensou, Mature, Maxima, Joe, Robert, King, Hwa, Ralf
0- Mai, Athena, Clark, Ryo, Vice

Still don't think Vice should be that low but the list seems  better overall, reducing to 5 levels was a good idea too.
from what I see in vids I don't think this ratio list is better at all... Robert and Mature are too low, they should be ratio 2. And I never seen a really powerful King. I think Mai and Vice, even Athena, should be higher than her. But, since I never played the game, is just an impression :P

Do the AI people have a definitive ratio list for the next tournament (if they are going to apply this system this time)?

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 18, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »

we all enjoy winning, but nobody likes the fact that their favourite characters are gimped compared to a very small segment. the sheer number of players using the same 2 characters (K', Raiden) supports the theory that for some reason, they are much easier to win with. regarding my "it's just a game" remark: unless you are a pro player (making money out of the game), winning should not matter more than being good at the game in a sportsmanlike manner. choosing characters on tier is pathetic. it shows laziness and nothing more.

You know, with that kind of thinking, you really shouldn't be playing fighting games or even regular sports for that matter.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »
Posted by the Professor on MMC:

Ratio Chart, Shinjuku Carnival version

* One of the main arcades attacting KOFXIII players in Tokyo.
* Chart considers character usage within Carnival and will be used for next month's tournament.

Max 4 points
4- K', Raiden
3- Andy, Shen, Kyo, Iori, Kula, Elisabeth, Takuma
2- Leona, Ash, Benimaru, Yuri, Kim, Duolon, Chin
1- Goro, Terry, Kensou, Mature, Maxima, Joe, Robert, King, Hwa, Ralf
0- Mai, Athena, Clark, Ryo, Vice

Still don't think Vice should be that low but the list seems  better overall, reducing to 5 levels was a good idea too.
from what I see in vids I don't think this ratio list is better at all... Robert and Mature are too low, they should be ratio 2. And I never seen a really powerful King. I think Mai and Vice, even Athena, should be higher than her. But, since I never played the game, is just an impression :P

Do the AI people have a definitive ratio list for the next tournament (if they are going to apply this system this time)?

Not yet...
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 18, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »
Now that Raiden has been nerfed shoudn't his Ratio change?

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 18, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »
He should be lowered but I don't think it's going to happen.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 18, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »
you know, with that kind of thinking, you really shouldn't be playing fighting games or even regular sports for that matter.quote by dude.

thats just acting retarded. sould some wack ass team just stop playing cause they cant beat the lakers? give some kobe to the other team so that theyll also stand a chance. this way all teams are viable and people can actually pick the teams they like and be able to win. apply this to fighters, its like f1 now. shit became fair.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof