Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547659 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #870 on: October 28, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
So do you guys think SNKP/Ignition will do another Pre/Post Release National Tournament? Should they have it? and how will it affect sales?

Maybe, just one won't make much of a difference though.

They gotta make it a regular thing to keep people playing and attract new players.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 28, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
So do you guys think SNKP/Ignition will do another Pre/Post Release National Tournament? Should they have it? and how will it affect sales?

Only good can come from it. The tourney shows support for the scene, let's people test out the product (if they haven't already) and most importantly--gives exposure.  Instead of spending hundreds of thousands in advertisements (a 30 second SuperBowl commercial is approx. $3 million) and marketing--spend less than $10K on cabinet give aways, much better marketing IMHO. Like Oprah giving away those Pontiac G6s lol (the fact that we're still talking about it, I don't watch TV, means that it was pretty effective).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:56:39 PM by Kane317 »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 28, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
don't think Oprah's gonna do KoF. Obama ain't innit XD
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »
It would be a nice gesture to the community, but I doubt it would get much attention from non-fans.

KOF is never going to grab the mainstream, so the audience it should be targeting are fighting game fans. People who like Street Fighter or Blazblue or maybe even Mortal Kombat, but who would enjoy something different. It's a tough audience to grab, since fighting fans are notorious for sticking to what they know.

I guess my view is that the only hope KOF XIII has is word of mouth. If SNK can put together a product that compares favorably with MvC3 and MK9, and just a few people say "Those other fighters are good, but I prefer KOF XIII," I think it'll go a long way.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 28, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
Yeah I don't think that even with a National non-kof players would show much interest. But what can we do? I like How Aksys is donating a few grand as a bonus pot on each major plus sticks and stuff, would that be better? show some precense on every major throughout the year instead of on big event and that's it, IMO yes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:57:16 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 28, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
don't think Oprah's gonna do KoF. Obama ain't innit XD

LOL.  Y NOT?!?!? Wiv da l33t KoF movie!  :/

Yeah I don't think that even with a National non-kof players would show much interest. But what can we do? I like How Aksys is donating a few grand as a bonus pot on each major plus sticks and stuff, would that be better? show some precense on every major throughout the year instead of on big event and that's it, IMO yes.

Either way it's not going to hurt to do it either.  Didn't they say they wanted to get to know us better?

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 28, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »
For the ratio system, are the max amoun of points 6 or 5?

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 28, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
For the ratio system, are the max amoun of points 6 or 5?

That's rule specific so there isn't one set.

The amount at the arcade that Rex was talking about though was 5, which is actually really reasonable and discourages K'/Raiden use greatly.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:20 PM »
Well that sucks. TBH thats the only thing I don't like about Kof. I don't mind long combos i just hate infinents(which is why I hate mvc2).Oh well at least they got rid of the infinents that were in the game

well, that's the measuring stick in KoF, the better you are, the longer and tougher your combos get. a character which has easy ways of dealing too much down usually gets somewhat snobbed by the purists. but if i'm not mistaken, the average KoF attack deals less damage than SF attacks. and 100% combos are REALLY hard to do, we've seen a bunch, but c'mon, how often do you have 5 supers and full HD available? also, in kof, you almost never get stunned; when a combo flops, you get up and get back at it.

Yes I under stand your point and TBH I'm starting to kinda Hate street fighter and there BS damage system. I'm more scared for  the fact that those long combos will scare away people form kof thats all. I still love kof and if you want to play  2k2 when i comes out let me know.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:30:34 PM by Dr.Faust »
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:28 AM »
Yes I under stand your point and TBH I'm starting to kinda Hate street fighter and there BS damage system. I'm more scared for  the fact that those long combos will scare away people form kof thats all. I still love kof and if you want to play  2k2 when i comes out let me know.

Lets start a "bitch about SFIV here!" thread. I'd be a large contributor. I'm so ready for anything not SFIV on 360.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:36 AM »
But that still is not an excuse

KOF is a game more based on combos than SF IV, it makes no sense than the last one has a better damage scaling than KOF and that some characters had 100% combos, someones with a more easy starting to do them and others one no

At least Raiden is the prime example of why damage scaling in this game sucks, in that sense KOF XI was a game with a better design

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:43 AM »
At least Raiden is the prime example of why damage scaling in this game sucks, in that sense KOF XI was a game with a better design

no it isnt, 13 has the best damage scaling ever in a fighter by far. raidens dropkick stupidety doesnt say anything about the games dameage scaling. you can do stupid damage in ssf4 with rogs 2 move combo. rogs fully loaded tap into super does close to 900 in damage, in a game where scaling kills the most awesome combos. i hope at least you understand how scaling really works.

edit: best idea ever for scaling is having a cap on supers and nm's. even if you combod 30 hits, theres still a minimum damage dm's and nm's do. in ssf4 this is handled very stupidly. after a long combo your ultra will only do a measly 2 or 3% damage. in kof you have to work for your bars, so its very pleasing to see that they always pack a punch. even after long combos. something they had fucked up in xi.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:46:16 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 29, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »
agreed. it's retarded to see akuma's super mega rush do 10% dmg. a super is a super, and a neomax even more. it's 3 freaking gauges, it should hurt.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
Yes I under stand your point and TBH I'm starting to kinda Hate street fighter and there BS damage system. I'm more scared for  the fact that those long combos will scare away people form kof thats all. I still love kof and if you want to play  2k2 when i comes out let me know.

Lets start a "bitch about SFIV here!" thread. I'd be a large contributor. I'm so ready for anything not SFIV on 360.

Add me on that list. I might write 3 pages reply on how I hate the mechanics especially the command throw :S

All games have long combos guys. From Tekken to MVC. That's what will keep u on the game.

no it isnt, 13 has the best damage scaling ever in a fighter by far. raidens dropkick stupidety doesnt say anything about the games dameage scaling. you can do stupid damage in ssf4 with rogs 2 move combo. rogs fully loaded tap into super does close to 900 in damage, in a game where scaling kills the most awesome combos. i hope at least you understand how scaling really works.

edit: best idea ever for scaling is having a cap on supers and nm's. even if you combod 30 hits, theres still a minimum damage dm's and nm's do. in ssf4 this is handled very stupidly. after a long combo your ultra will only do a measly 2 or 3% damage. in kof you have to work for your bars, so its very pleasing to see that they always pack a punch. even after long combos. something they had fucked up in xi.

Not this again guys. Damage scaling is ok in XIII. ok maybe the HD bar should end a little faster.
I agree with musolini. Raiden should not be taken as an example for damage scaling. DOnt forget that in KOF you have 3 characters therefore you have 3 life gauges.

On that matter SNKp should give an option for 2 rounds in online mode for ppl who hate fast damage.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:17:03 PM by JohnCrawley »

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
hey everyone,

just wanted to mention that on this week's live episode of WakeupSRK, I had the opportunity to ask about KOFXIII at EVO 2011. The man himself, Mr. Wizard, implies that there's a really really good chance that it'll happen, as long as the community shows enough support. I was pretty stoked to hear this, and with a Q1 release predicted for 2011, things are looking good!! i'm getting pretty hype
In it to win it!