Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547821 times)

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 31, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, the juggle anywhere property wasn't introduced until XI, I could be wrong but even if there was before XI it was so rare.  

Beni jC comes to mind from 2k1...

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 31, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 2001 was the first KOF to implement a juggle-anywhere system. Part of the reason why that game was so broken. It's a system that can very easily be broken.

In retrospect, it's a bit impressive that there were only two infinites in version 1.0.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 31, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/godsgarden

Check this out guys, there is a stream of Mago VS Daigo for SF4 on Godsgarden.

Whats of interest to us is that even though its SF4 they have two KOF13 arcade machines setup in the middle (they are the only machines there actually) and show one guy go at it in practice mode over and over. They talked to the guy playing it and said some stuff but I didn't get any of it. Could they be possibly thinking of taking on 13? That would be too awesome.

EDIT: They stopped streaming him but you can still see both the machines and the guy playing in the background on the commentator cam.

Who knows but it would be cool to see Daigo play something else for once. I'm not saying I follow what he does 24/7 but from what I've seen, all he really plays are Capcom fighters. It's his preference so it's whatever.

Although it would be cool to see a high profile player take up and play at a high level KOF so that way all the sheep that follow him around can see there is more to the fighting world than just the SF games.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 31, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
I never understood what is specifically GodsGarden

I know that there plays the top SF IV players in japan, but what it is, An Arcade? the house of someone?

And there are only SF IV machines? that's why seeing 2 KOF cabinets is so impressive?

It will be cool if they one day try to learn XIII and stream it, just for lolz

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 01, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
Who knows but it would be cool to see Daigo play something else for once. I'm not saying I follow what he does 24/7 but from what I've seen, all he really plays are Capcom fighters. It's his preference so it's whatever.

Although it would be cool to see a high profile player take up and play at a high level KOF so that way all the sheep that follow him around can see there is more to the fighting world than just the SF games.

He definitely seems to stick to  Capcom mostly but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was a Guilty Gear champ numerous times as well.

Its not necessary to have the SF top players to get in on it though, as long as they get something going then top players will show up and develop regardless. I agree though, more ppl would prolly look KOF's way if Daigo started playing it.

I never understood what is specifically GodsGarden

I know that there plays the top SF IV players in japan, but what it is, An Arcade? the house of someone?

And there are only SF IV machines? that's why seeing 2 KOF cabinets is so impressive?

It will be cool if they one day try to learn XIII and stream it, just for lolz

Its a tournament where they gather the best players and have them go at it, they started holding online ones just recently (this was the second online GG tournament). Their internet speed is on a whole different level from ours so lag isn't an issue. From the last two tournaments you can see that they just gather the best of the best and have them play, no filler.

It was the final match of an SF4 tournament and they made it a point to have those two machines in the background the whole time and talk about the game. Like you I have only seen them stream SF4 so I think its a big deal if they take it up, at least to me (as I think the level of play they showcase in their tournaments is outstanding).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:53:35 PM by Diavle »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 01, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
sf4 at sbo last year was won by team kof, 2 of japans top kof players (oogooshoo, kyabetsu) won the national sf4 tournament.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:05:47 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 01, 2010, 06:29:36 PM »
sf4 at sbo last year was won by team. 2 of japans top kof players won the national sf4 tournament.

Damn, that's awesome.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 01, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
Has anybody else noticed that Takuma has become very in these videos now? I know he lost his EX bug, but is there that big of a difference where people dont want to play him anymore? and did anybody notice in that latest video that goro tried to do his ground pound move and lost ALL his meter?

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 01, 2010, 09:26:18 PM »
Has anybody else noticed that Takuma has become very in these videos now? I know he lost his EX bug, but is there that big of a difference where people dont want to play him anymore? and did anybody notice in that latest video that goro tried to do his ground pound move and lost ALL his meter?

I think Goro was hit while he was doing his neo max.
About Takuma...I really donĀ“t know.
Even after the EX bug, he looks like a really solid character, maybe he is not appearing in the videos but is still being played. I know he will be one of the first characters I will try. The old guy kicks ass.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 02, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »

The Ex bug helped Takuma start his corner shenanigans earlier, but he was a beast without it (it definitely helped).  It's not like a Mature thing where ppl dropped her immediately after the patch.  It's just probably the players that got recorded weren't Takuma users.

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 03, 2010, 03:11:56 AM »

The Ex bug helped Takuma start his corner shenanigans earlier, but he was a beast without it (it definitely helped).  It's not like a Mature thing where ppl dropped her immediately after the patch.  It's just probably the players that got recorded weren't Takuma users.

That was sad how players dropped Mature like yesterday's garbage. I still main her and she is still a great solid character. I'm happy that she lost her infinite yet sickened that players only picked her before only for the infinite.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 03, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »
Well, hopefully now people can use Mature for what she truly is: A ravenous bitch, not a ravenous infinite.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:30:03 AM by Gravelneed »

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 03, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »
I'm using her.  I even play her in 12.  Do you have any idea how pissed Robert, Joe and Ash users got when beat down by Mature?

FEELING GOOD?

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 03, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »
Takuma gets played a lot even if he doesn't appear as often in videos. I would say that in a lot of arcades you'd commonly see the team Takuma/Andy/Kyo.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 03, 2010, 04:04:54 PM »

Its a tournament where they gather the best players and have them go at it, they started holding online ones just recently (this was the second online GG tournament). Their internet speed is on a whole different level from ours so lag isn't an issue. From the last two tournaments you can see that they just gather the best of the best and have them play, no filler.

Exatly how far away are they from each other when it comes to these online tournaments though? I'm not trying to say their internet is crap or whatever, but it's from my own experience that you actually get less lag depending on how far away the opponent is.