Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547795 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1005 on: November 22, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
The only downside is that some of the people who lost just left and never returned not paying attention to me saying it was double elim, but I guess it worked out well in the end, except for that one hairy idiot who could only mash C with Ralf :(

Oops, there were 4 ppl that knew how to play :)   My bad :) heh.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #1006 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »
Mashing C makes Ralf top teir, but its still only 2-3 people. Chewbacca doesn't count :(

I was watching Metaphysics Kyo and was planning on trying some of the stuff he was doing, mainly the cB, cA, dfD into X, but I fell into typical habits. I also might swap out Ralf, but that might be in the future, when it hits console.

To be honest with you, I'm focusing more on the back end of things than getting good at the game. I'd like to get to the level I used to play 98 at, but that won't happen.

BTW, I gave Noc your contact info.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1007 on: November 22, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
Hell a KOF centric podcast series would be awesome but thats just me wishlisting at this rate.

Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. SRK and Meltybread has their own, and they do fairly well and good interviews and news are enjoyable to listen to.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 22, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »
Hey guys I'm happy to hear that NCR was a success and I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I have to take care of some personal things but, I'll be around dc.com for sure.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 22, 2010, 10:47:57 PM »
Mashing C makes Ralf top teir, but its still only 2-3 people. Chewbacca doesn't count :(

I was watching Metaphysics Kyo and was planning on trying some of the stuff he was doing, mainly the cB, cA, dfD into X, but I fell into typical habits. I also might swap out Ralf, but that might be in the future, when it hits console.

To be honest with you, I'm focusing more on the back end of things than getting good at the game. I'd like to get to the level I used to play 98 at, but that won't happen.

BTW, I gave Noc your contact info.

Cool cool, tell him to text me first coz I seldom pick up numbers I don't recognize.  We appreciate your hard work on the back end.!

Hey guys I'm happy to hear that NCR was a success and I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I have to take care of some personal things but, I'll be around dc.com for sure.

It's all good, we understand.  Just don't get too out of shape by the time we play next Oscar!

Kaori Manabe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 23, 2010, 01:45:50 AM »
How was it received by the ppl there?

Juicebox mentioned it a couple of times trying to start a conversation while he was commentating on the stream, saying how good it looked and how he was definitely going to play it, but Mike Ross kinda ignored it both times.

And, from what I understood, no one showed up for the BlazBlue tournament.

Yeah there were quite a few people playing it and everyone seemed to like the game. Juicebox was there I got a couple games against him and the tourney went pretty well. Setup was pretty fine the whole time besides people accidentally pressing start and some monitor lag, but even with the lag people were commenting on how fun it was!

also gold fish mixups
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:55:08 AM by Kaori Manabe »

Xenosagafan87

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 23, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »
I had a dream my local arcade got a KOFXIII cabinet and i was going to insert a coin when the alarm went off.

I want this game badly :/

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 23, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »
i missed my tournament match because i was getting food, sadly :(

had a lot of fun with XIII, sooooo glad i finally got to play it. too bad i didnt get to really sink my teeth into it though.

and wtf @ all the sudden KOF interest in NorCal, where have all these people been all these years I've been trying to gather interest?!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 23, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »
and wtf @ all the sudden KOF interest in NorCal, where have all these people been all these years I've been trying to gather interest?!

Best not to look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

I've become a lot more comfortable playing KOF with a stick, (although the AC/BD layout can DIAF). I started thinking I might want to buy a stick for the console version, and discovered this. This is awesome.

I'm not saying I want to pay for it, but I want it none the less. I could even swap the button colors around, for that classic NeoGeo layout. If only I was a millionaire...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:23:01 PM by Rex Dart »

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 23, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
I want a release date so bad.

Everytime I read this forum Im so jelaous that you guys can play the game...everytime I play ssf4 I die inside.I want to throw that dvd out of the window but unfortunaly here is all what ppl play.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:49:51 PM by Gramas »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 23, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
Glad to hear there was a healthy interest for the game. I know you guys decided not to stream the finals but the matches were nice so it would have done good. Watching that weirdo looking fighter (Jackie Chan or something?) stream, for a while, and XIII, not at all, kinda hurt.

XIII happened.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 23, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
i missed my tournament match because i was getting food, sadly :(

had a lot of fun with XIII, sooooo glad i finally got to play it. too bad i didnt get to really sink my teeth into it though.

Hey there, welcome to DC.  Make sure you introduce yourself here as well

DC would be a great place to unite the interest of NorCal players, I know Mr. Soulstar is from Fairfax but I'm sure you know that already.  You guys should just arrange a day to drive down together, if you can get 4+ ppl the whole trip would cost you about $40 ish give or take (not including food of course) -- that' how much it would have cost us if we had 4 (one bailed last min).

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 23, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »
Even with screen lag the game was sick, but if I'd known they were gonna have a tourney, and that I'd be facing Kane in my second round, I'd probably not have spent the whole day getting hammered XD

Anyway, a whole lot of Norcal players showing real interest in this game, and a few buddies I haven't seen since we ran XI back in the day. Did anyone get pictures of the crowd around the setup? I'd like to post them in an arcade thread on SRK since the cab provider's really skeptical over KOFXIII's possible popularity here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:40:50 PM by HaxMurderer »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 23, 2010, 11:17:04 PM »
Even with screen lag the game was sick, but if I'd known they were gonna have a tourney, and that I'd be facing Kane in my second round, I'd probably not have spent the whole day getting hammered XD

Anyway, a whole lot of Norcal players showing real interest in this game, and a few buddies I haven't seen since we ran XI back in the day. Did anyone get pictures of the crowd around the setup? I'd like to post them in an arcade thread on SRK since the cab provider's really skeptical over KOFXIII's possible popularity here.

For the pics, here you go: http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=4099#more-4099

Please blow KOF XIII up in norcal!

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 24, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »
thanks a lot, I'm doin my best!