Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 552041 times)

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1125 on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:03 AM »
Th highest views I saw were around 95 or so.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 13, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
for kof xiii, the only question that I had is if the game will be balanced, the rest of things, I don't care because I know that they will add some extra stuff that I would like

An as a SNK Fan, Will SNK some day port the Hyper Neo Geo 64 games?

Waifu Material

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 13, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »
game as far as i can tell ( havent played it yet)  looks balanced enough to me. of course there are one or two on the roster that seem a bit stronger than everyone else but thats in every fighting game. 

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 14, 2010, 12:58:41 AM »
It is a GoOoOoOoOOOOOD DAY to be a KoF fan!!  The first part of the stream on the homepage was effing SICK!!  Although I haven't seen the stellar Clark yet... Can we please get a link to part 2 or whatever??  Also the vids on the video thread have been SICK!!  BTW, Kyo play has been GOLD when it's been there. (Counter-hit light RDP-K into EX Orochinagi is TOO cool)

And ya know what??  I think K', Betty, and Kula are AWESOME.  It actually DOES take skill and timing to perform the things they do.  I agree that Raiden is OP as shit but those three are just solid as hell

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 14, 2010, 05:45:10 AM »
All of the videos are available at http://www.ustream.tv/user/SWGA-Maho/videos.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 14, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »
It is a GoOoOoOoOOOOOD DAY to be a KoF fan!!  The first part of the stream on the homepage was effing SICK!!  Although I haven't seen the stellar Clark yet... Can we please get a link to part 2 or whatever??  Also the vids on the video thread have been SICK!!  BTW, Kyo play has been GOLD when it's been there. (Counter-hit light RDP-K into EX Orochinagi is TOO cool)

And ya know what??  I think K', Betty, and Kula are AWESOME.  It actually DOES take skill and timing to perform the things they do.  I agree that Raiden is OP as shit but those three are just solid as hell

the timing required is way too fucking easy, it aint no 1 frame links.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 14, 2010, 09:49:43 PM »

the timing required is way too fucking easy, it aint no 1 frame links.

Yeah I agree, sorry JTSNOW6, in the world of KOF -- Kula and Liz's combo's are considered relatively easy.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 14, 2010, 10:04:01 PM »
Nah, like, I understand that they aren't hard to do, but if you think about it, how many combos are THAAAAT hard in the first place??  I think at the top level of play where execution is a given that K', Liz, and Kula are a-okay.  The point I was trying to make I guess was that only Raiden is actually OP.

It's because I just picked up K' in 2002UM and IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST PLAY but I hate it how it's considered cheap or dishonorable to pick him in XIII...

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 14, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »
and already high tier whoring.

That's a little frustrating to say the least.  People here are waiting to kick off a kof 13 tournament scene and we have no cabs and no release date in sight.  We need it to be released by March at the VERY latest so we can get some practice in before EVO and stimulate some interest.  That would help build the community and get people watching the stream. 

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »
Nah, like, I understand that they aren't hard to do, but if you think about it, how many combos are THAAAAT hard in the first place??  I think at the top level of play where execution is a given that K', Liz, and Kula are a-okay.  The point I was trying to make I guess was that only Raiden is actually OP.

It's because I just picked up K' in 2002UM and IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST PLAY but I hate it how it's considered cheap or dishonorable to pick him in XIII...

Ah I see.  K' XIII isn't nearly as bad as XI's top tier if you ask me (mainly Gato), but it is what it is.  I think in tourney most ppl don't care who you pick.  In fact, it's only playing amongst friends and being a veteran does it really "matter", otherwise you should pick whoever, especially if you've had limited play time with XIII.

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 15, 2010, 12:00:26 AM »
Play whoever you want. If you like a character you shouldn't let others discourage you from using them whether they are high or low tier. Just play a character that fits your style of play.

I like K' as well and have played with him since his first appearance.

Speaking of which. Is it just priority and damage that causes his ranking to fluctuate? I mean he plays the same in almost every game.

krazykone123

« Reply #1137 on: December 15, 2010, 12:10:01 AM »
Speaking of which. Is it just priority and damage that causes his ranking to fluctuate? I mean he plays the same in almost every game.

That's a pretty broad generalization friendo.

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 15, 2010, 01:03:47 AM »

Well I know the recovery on trigger is very good  and how his jump D is ridiculous in his better appearances. Other characters sometimes go up due to system changes or new moves, but K' seems to always be based around trigger's recovery. Correct me if I'm wrong I was just curious.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 15, 2010, 01:26:43 AM »

Lol, seriously.  

To answer you question, it's a combination of everything.  K' has been known to have less options in this version but a combination of tweaks to his recovery plus the general system of XIII complements him well.  

His special moves cancels well in HD, his Ex moves also work well with his cancel, his air.qcb+BCD shortcut helps activate into his HD juggles, his corner trap is strong and arguably one of the best (couple that with his low recovery on his specials), he charges up real quick (great first or last character), his qcb K.qcb K (Narrow Spike) setups for his juggles as well, great air normals and above average NeoMax all push him to the top tier category