Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547886 times)

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1260 on: January 09, 2011, 01:09:44 AM »
I dont understand

option on ->input lag(maybe its not input lug but just less frame window for moves?) -> harder to combo and no raiden's GCCD dropkick combo

option off ->input lag off -> easy timing for combos and raiden can GCCD dropkick you to death?

you have it backwards. when it's on, it's like how it is at most of the arcades (including all the raiden stuff). apparently if you turn the setting off, it, as you said, reduces the frame window for inputs, not input lag. it sounds pretty interesting. wish i could try it at least once just to see how it would tweak the game overall.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 09, 2011, 03:01:32 AM »
I think that option is from the fact that Arcade cabinets have a built in input lag that developers have to take into account (98UM didn't which is why it felt weird) that may be mitigated with replacing the monitor/inputs, hence the option possibly? May not be totally true but i remembered reading sometime back that the Arcade Cabinets have inherent lag that devs have to make up for on their side when making for the system and that 98um didn't account for that. That option may have something to do with

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 09, 2011, 07:33:28 AM »
I think that option is from the fact that Arcade cabinets have a built in input lag that developers have to take into account (98UM didn't which is why it felt weird) that may be mitigated with replacing the monitor/inputs, hence the option possibly? May not be totally true but i remembered reading sometime back that the Arcade Cabinets have inherent lag that devs have to make up for on their side when making for the system and that 98um didn't account for that. That option may have something to do with

it depends on the setup, since you can put the board in any cab provided it has the specs and a compatible OS. that said, if the cab uses an HD monitor, it will have some form of lag but that will still vary. in those cases, input lag options will have a variable scale (i.e. setting 1-5 or something like that) dependent on the response time of the monitor itself. the option the professor mentioned is simply "on" or "off", which leads me to believe it's probably something a little different. i wonder if it's an option that will be included on the console release.

switching topics, i feel like general hype is starting to die out for XIII since SNKP is so hush hush. the arcade exclusivity is hurting people who really want to play it. instead, fighting gamers are going to be consumed by the fighting games coming out in the next few months and with other big announcements from other franchises, i fear that KOF will be overshadowed. there hasn't been much press coverage for a while and hopefully there are upcoming hints sometime soon to keep the general populace aware and interested.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 09, 2011, 07:57:33 AM »
i think the home version will attract people in other ways. extra character/s and additional console extras. some kinda wourld tour mode like in sfa3 and a survivalmode would be awesome for the non online additions to the game. also, single and team entry could also be on console making it different from the arcade version. after that theres the online and what not possible from it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 09, 2011, 08:15:15 AM »
so you're expecting the game to draw people after it comes out? we don't really know anything about the console release at this point, which is pretty much my point. sure, people who know and are researching dev blogs and JP sources know little things here and there, but the general public doesn't know anything. all they see are tourney/casual vids from arcades overseas posted on SRK or other forums. if the player base continues to simply be diehard KOF/SNK fans, the franchise isn't going to make steps anywhere. it's pretty elitist from my perspective to keep hearing "oh, the game only needs hardcore players." the audience the game/series is trying to reach really has to start from somewhere. competitively, sure, but as a whole fans/devs need to start reaching out a lot more to make things happen. KOFXIII is going to make or break SNKP. it's obvious they spent a lot of money on XII/XIII, and their investment has proved very little return for them thus far.

krazykone123

« Reply #1265 on: January 09, 2011, 08:51:10 AM »
so you're expecting the game to draw people after it comes out?

I hope not.

but the general public doesn't know anything.

To be perfectly honest a good bit of the competitive community has been left in the dark too.

all they see are tourney/casual vids from arcades overseas posted on SRK or other forums. if the player base continues to simply be diehard KOF/SNK fans, the franchise isn't going to make steps anywhere.

True, but who's gonna fix that?

it's pretty elitist from my perspective to keep hearing "oh, the game only needs hardcore players." the audience the game/series is trying to reach really has to start from somewhere.

Well it's not like the current casuals are making the steps toward learning the game either (or even asking questions), the only thing I hear now a days is "K' is over-powered!" or "Raiden is broken OMG!" all without even playing the damn game first, people wouldn't have to act elitist if the community was willing to educate themselves before throwing out one-sided comments flippantly. Shit like that starts fights then it make the community (as a whole) look silly.

competitively, sure, but as a whole fans/devs need to start reaching out a lot more to make things happen.

Share your ideas then? I'm all ears.

KOFXIII is going to make or break SNKP. it's obvious they spent a lot of money on XII/XIII, and their investment has proved very little return for them thus far.

Then what happened to all those XIII cabs that sold out? I mean it's likely that SNKP still didn't make enough revenue to cover the costs for both XII and XIII but to say they've got little profit in return? I call bollocks, hell they'd probably make more if they patched their damn games correctly.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 09, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
How do I tell if the options is frame input is on or off? For eg, 1.1 can be seen after you put in the token.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 09, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »
so you're expecting the game to draw people after it comes out?

I hope not.

but the general public doesn't know anything.

To be perfectly honest a good bit of the competitive community has been left in the dark too.

all they see are tourney/casual vids from arcades overseas posted on SRK or other forums. if the player base continues to simply be diehard KOF/SNK fans, the franchise isn't going to make steps anywhere.

True, but who's gonna fix that?

it's pretty elitist from my perspective to keep hearing "oh, the game only needs hardcore players." the audience the game/series is trying to reach really has to start from somewhere.

Well it's not like the current casuals are making the steps toward learning the game either (or even asking questions), the only thing I hear now a days is "K' is over-powered!" or "Raiden is broken OMG!" all without even playing the damn game first, people wouldn't have to act elitist if the community was willing to educate themselves before throwing out one-sided comments flippantly. Shit like that starts fights then it make the community (as a whole) look silly.

competitively, sure, but as a whole fans/devs need to start reaching out a lot more to make things happen.

Share your ideas then? I'm all ears.

KOFXIII is going to make or break SNKP. it's obvious they spent a lot of money on XII/XIII, and their investment has proved very little return for them thus far.

Then what happened to all those XIII cabs that sold out? I mean it's likely that SNKP still didn't make enough revenue to cover the costs for both XII and XIII but to say they've got little profit in return? I call bollocks, hell they'd probably make more if they patched their damn games correctly.

when dealing with close-mindedness from casuals, if you want better discussion, you have to formulate better methods of communication. if someone says that K' or raiden are broken, have you ever asked them why they felt that? most people who make flippant remarks can't answer that honestly without having played the game themselves and it forces them to think about their statements and the gameplay itself. if you relegate yourself to explaining things to them over and over they wont bother to make the effort to figure things out themselves or even find incentive to play. on the other hand, if they can't hold intelligent discussion after that, then you're just getting trolled anyway.

speaking of fans/devs reaching out, i really meant bridging a connection between the two (sorry i worded that incorrectly previously). the devs are marketing very poorly. it started out well with the dev tourney, reveal videos, and character vids. where did that all go? it's like "oh we finished making the game and here's the arcade version. enjoy!" if you're planning to sell a console version, hype it up, market it. on the flip side, the fans need to speak to the company directly. of course, SNKP is in a financial bind, and their hands are tied as far as what they can or can't do at this point, but that shouldn't discourage people from giving input. game companies like capcom (i know we're all sick of hearing it, but they're a good example for this...) and atlus have been known in recent years to take fan input in high regard when making decisions. not saying it's guaranteed, but you don't have anything to lose really. all the complaints now are scattered throughout various boards/blogs (which is precisely what i'm doing now to be honest :/ ) where they don't really matter. i don't really remember where i was going with this... i just started typing a bunch of nonsense.

lastly, i remember reading somewhere that there weren't that many boards made for XIII to begin with, so i don't think selling out is an indication of much. also, you kind of reinforced my statement by saying that they probably haven't even covered production costs yet. if they haven't even broken even (by covering production/manufacturing costs), then they haven't made any profit, no?

despite my overall bleak outlook on the future of KOF, i really do hope it does well. unfortunately, like most of us here (presumably), life doesn't give me a break to be as proactive as i want to be. that and KOF in general doesn't have star power in its fanbase nor its production for any kind of advocacy to make strides out of the blue. so like others have stated, don't hold your breath on waiting for someone to make waves for KOF XIII.

sorry i didn't address all of your points, krazy. it's not like i have all the answers anyway; just wanted to voice my personal concerns.

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 09, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
I remember haunts doing an interview with an usa manager from SNKP

Instead of asking no answerable questions about console release and receving "2011 for sure!!!!!!1111" as an answer,somone should ask why they are not marketing their console version, WHEN they gonna start it and why they leave ppl in the dark for 6 months

Lol

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 09, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »
I honestly think that they are waiting to develop the game, we saw the epic fail that was XII after their 2 months of development

Waifu Material

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 09, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
that was because XII was just bad

netcode was horrible and no extra but that had nothing to do with the port istelf

just put a good netcode -ssf4 level- and replay function like in ssf4 where you can find new replays and save your own ones(and this is so fucking easy to do since the game just records the inputs)

cant care less of extra story,extra modes,extra boss

The game is fine

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 09, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
XII was a wonderful game IMO, which only stupid error was put the CC

And you justified me, KOF XII big problem was that they rushed the arcade and home versions, characters that lacked moves, (and the two extra characters that feel with even more lacks) netcode not well developed, everything felt rushed, if the game got more devolpment, would have been a great KOF imo (And well, CC removed, got, that must be the stupidiest idea that SNKP ever thought)

Hell, I play XII sometimes with a friend just for lolz, with 98um and 2002um at the same time (and using the characters that actually felt completed)

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #1272 on: January 09, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
when dealing with close-mindedness from casuals, if you want better discussion, you have to formulate better methods of communication. if someone says that K' or raiden are broken, have you ever asked them why they felt that?

Yup and I don't want to go down that road again, it always devolves into "Well they're still over-powered." or "They still need to nerf *insert character*."

most people who make flippant remarks can't answer that honestly without having played the game themselves and it forces them to think about their statements and the gameplay itself.

If they were thinking about their statements they wouldn't be throwing out baseless opinions left and right.

if you relegate yourself to explaining things to them over and over they wont bother to make the effort to figure things out themselves or even find incentive to play.

Well it's not like I go out of my well to yell in someone's ear that they're doing it wrong, it's just that I find it annoying that people always have to find some nit-picky crap to complain about.

on the other hand, if they can't hold intelligent discussion after that, then you're just getting trolled anyway.

I suppose.

speaking of fans/devs reaching out, i really meant bridging a connection between the two (sorry i worded that incorrectly previously). the devs are marketing very poorly. it started out well with the dev tourney, reveal videos, and character vids. where did that all go? it's like "oh we finished making the game and here's the arcade version.

Yeah as messed as it sounds SNKP target audience was the arcade, so I guess they got what they wanted.

if you're planning to sell a console version, hype it up, market it. on the flip side, the fans need to speak to the company directly. of course, SNKP is in a financial bind, and their hands are tied as far as what they can or can't do at this point, but that shouldn't discourage people from giving input. game companies like capcom (i know we're all sick of hearing it, but they're a good example for this...) and atlus have been known in recent years to take fan input in high regard when making decisions. not saying it's guaranteed, but you don't have anything to lose really. all the complaints now are scattered throughout various boards/blogs (which is precisely what i'm doing now to be honest :/ ) where they don't really matter. i don't really remember where i was going with this... i just started typing a bunch of nonsense.

SNKP is still leaving us in the dark though.

lastly, i remember reading somewhere that there weren't that many boards made for XIII to begin with, so i don't think selling out is an indication of much. also, you kind of reinforced my statement by saying that they probably haven't even covered production costs yet. if they haven't even broken even (by covering production/manufacturing costs), then they haven't made any profit, no?

I think it's a little bit of both though, true that they most likely didn't break even yet but let me go back to your point about SNKP being in a financial bind, can we honestly say (at the moment with XIII doing substantially well in the arcades) that they're soo broke that they can't give XIII or even they're 360 xbla ports an up to par (for this day and age) netcode and even market them outside of Japan? are they seriously that much in the red? besides I don't recall hearing SNKP would be done if XIII didn't make them a pretty penny, all I heard was that KOF would be dead and buried.

despite my overall bleak outlook on the future of KOF, i really do hope it does well. unfortunately, like most of us here (presumably), life doesn't give me a break to be as proactive as i want to be. that and KOF in general doesn't have star power in its fanbase nor its production for any kind of advocacy to make strides out of the blue. so like others have stated, don't hold your breath on waiting for someone to make waves for KOF XIII.

The outlook wouldn't look so bleak if we had some people pulling some headway around here, I'm quite sick of people saying "Nobody cares about KOF in America" but sadly this fanbase has proven that statement to be true all too true... we just don't want to move forward, we're always regressing, always arguing amongst ourselves, never wanting to do any work, too busy, too lazy, people always mad discouraged complaining over fickle crap like "Man people just don't want to play KOF with me ;_;" than just being happy with what they have, always waiting for SNKP to make a move before they do, people drawing lines in the sand and stuff, we go around constantly comparing KOF to other games juxtaposed like it's in some kind of competition, and then there's all the lame drama that comes with it, man can yall ever just shut up and move forward, can we forget the negative stigma SNKP developed for KOF and just move along? I know a lot of people are busy and may be discouraged but honestly I think a lot of them are just blowing smoke out their ass at this point in time. Stop making excuses because nobody wants to hear them, keep your complaints to yourself because nobody cares, if you're busy just do what you can, if you play XIII share all the information you have, stop leaving everyone else in the dark because we can't wait for SNKP to fix that, enough receding and more progressing.

sorry i didn't address all of your points, krazy. it's not like i have all the answers anyway; just wanted to voice my personal concerns.

I'm not done talking but I'll save the rest for another time.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 09, 2011, 10:29:48 PM »

The outlook wouldn't look so bleak if we had some people pulling some headway around here, I'm quite sick of people saying "Nobody cares about KOF in America" but sadly this fanbase has proven that statement to be true all too true... we just don't want to move forward, we're always regressing, always arguing amongst ourselves, never wanting to do any work, too busy, too lazy, people always mad discouraged complaining over fickle crap like "Man people just don't want to play KOF with me ;_;" than just being happy with what they have, always waiting for SNKP to make a move before they do, people drawing lines in the sand and stuff, we go around constantly comparing KOF to other games juxtaposed like it's in some kind of competition, and then there's all the lame drama that comes with it, man can yall ever just shut up and move forward, can we forget the negative stigma SNKP developed for KOF and just move along? I know a lot of people are busy and may be discouraged but honestly I think a lot of them are just blowing smoke out their ass at this point in time. Stop making excuses because nobody wants to hear them, keep your complaints to yourself because nobody cares, if you're busy just do what you can, if you play XIII share all the information you have, stop leaving everyone else in the dark because we can't wait for SNKP to fix that, enough receding and more progressing.

I Agree, lets stop focusing complaining about the problem, But focus on methods, and ways threw are capabilities to fix the problem itself.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:32:55 PM by biggdaddycane »

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:34 AM »
How do I tell if the options is frame input is on or off? For eg, 1.1 can be seen after you put in the token.

Any kind soul mind shedding some light to me?