Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547811 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1320 on: January 17, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
XII it's like 96 IMO

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 17, 2011, 03:19:51 AM »
XII is slow compared to most other KOFs, especially the walking speed. It's definitely slower compared to XIII and 2002UM.
oh is that so

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 17, 2011, 06:22:05 AM »
Can anyone (particularly the AI catz) tell me the speed of this KOF compared to others?
Someone has said to me that they would like to pursue KOF, and I need an older title to recommend to him (for understanding of basic mechanics).

Honestly, when I first played XIII I thought it was slow (then most kofs feel that way in the beginning) but once we all got used to it it feels fast as hell.  Just tell him to play the usual suspects: XII for the jump arcs and characters changes (Robert, Chin, Kensou, Iori, Raiden--well you know what I mean), 02UM for the canceling system, and 98UM for the fundamentals.  Oh and XI if you want to experience tier whoring....

I kid, I kid. =)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »

02UM for the canceling system, and 98UM for the fundamentals.  

do u mean the canceling time for special move and DM or for the BC dash thing ? (dunno how it is called in 02 um sorry)
cause im pretty scared if the time for HD is the same as BC dash 02 um :(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 17, 2011, 10:25:55 AM »
do u mean the canceling time for special move and DM or for the BC dash thing ? (dunno how it is called in 02 um sorry)
cause im pretty scared if the time for HD is the same as BC dash 02 um :(

HD mode is easier than the BC mode dash due to the auto-dashing so don't worry, (I found the BC dash in 02 tricky as well).

CHAPS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 17, 2011, 04:42:06 PM »
Where can i fnd KOF XIII's tier lst?some1 in youtube told i could find it here,but i junst cant find it,please help!!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 17, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »
I don't think there is a tier list. Most players indicate that K' and Raiden are tops and Elizabeth is pretty high up as well.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 17, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
K & raiden > lizzy & Kula > rest (starting with kyo). and i ain't even play the gme yet. when you have these 3 in your team and your opponent doesnt, i think youll be able to beat much better players than yourself. for instance somebody known as an s-class player would lose to a A or even B class player when he doesnt use these characters and the opponent does. all these characters do shit easy combos of almost 50% and fill their dc & super bar while their at it. other characters need to spend bars and still dont get the same damage. and raiden is just plain stupid when that timer reaches 40 something, 1 aa ;a or opning and your gone.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:45:34 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

krazykone123

« Reply #1328 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04:15 PM »
and raiden is just plain stupid when that timer reaches 40 something, 1 aa ;a or opning and your gone.

I still think a good Raiden player can man handle of the majority of the cast without using his dropkick once, shits mental.

I'm using him day one lol.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 18, 2011, 12:50:19 AM »
thats my point, raiden is s tier without dropkicks. maybe k would pose him some troubles, but hes also broken. with dropkicks, i honestly dont know who is more broken, raiden or k.

also i blame snkp for not bringing out a balance patch, i think the game would be having even better numbers at arcades had they balanced these 4 upper tier characters. also tha input lag cause of those lcd's is unaccaeptable in a fucking kof. with kofs speed and the speed you need to have to do reversals isnt supposed to be done on a lcd with 4 or 5 frames of lag. shit is way too much for a kof.

i just hope the console version is balanced and even the arcade sees a balance patch (also with the new char/s). lets just hope the new characters added for console dont be like lizzy when she was just released on 12 (with all those bugs and such).

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:41 AM »
I think that you can't create a decent balance patch after the first 2 months of the release the game, I think that they will release the console version and then maybe a patch will be released

And the lag issue, I think that was more of a problem from which cabinet taito is used, it seems that they were thinking only in one model, but now with the patch that's fixed

Waifu Material

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 18, 2011, 01:00:53 AM »
S tier is blue mary ... i wish :)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 18, 2011, 03:26:13 AM »
the lag isnt an issue as you said, its because of the cab and i know that. you can even turn the lag off in the more expensive version (i doubt the lag version can be used for high level tournament play like in sbo).

also they made a patch for the bugs (theres new ones though) and they had long known that everybody and their moms even in japan where compleining about the horrible upper tierness of both K and raiden. kula and lizzy are cheap as well, but even unaltered theyre still killable even though its a lil steep. k and raiden are on some boss level shit. a good (top player) k or raiden could potentially take out a whole team by theirselves if the opponent doesnt use them as well.

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 18, 2011, 04:11:35 AM »
How many times has a KOF game received a balance patch or update?
As of now, I can only recall 2. 98FE, and Arranged Mode in KOF XI (If you wanna count that).

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 18, 2011, 04:39:06 AM »
I know about the patch for the bugs, but honestly, I think that they were working on them from a long time before we knew about how cheap was raiden and K

I said time to time, at this point we shouldn't care about the sucess of the arcade versions and more of the console versions

Waifu Material