Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547864 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1335 on: January 18, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
There's a rumor which says that Masaaki Kukino, KOF XII and XIII's producer, left SNKPlaymore in November. It looks like he said it into his facebook page.

Bad news... This could affect to KOFXIII's console version... Seriously.

:(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

JT_Chill

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
I checked that out also. But, it doesn't say why. I hope that SNKP is trying to get things together with him leaving. I pray its only a rumor.

krazykone123

« Reply #1337 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »
There's a rumor which says that Masaaki Kukino, KOF XII and XIII's producer, left SNKPlaymore in November. It looks like he said it into his facebook page.

Bad news... This could affect to KOFXIII's console version... Seriously.

:(

SNKP's Japanese branch must double as an Adidas sweat shop during the night hours or something, besides wasn't Kukino the same guy who said "Our target audience (for XIII) is the arcade scene" in an Arcadia interview sometime last year? IIRC it had Ono (SFIV), Kukino (XIII), Harada (Tekken), and the Arcana Heart guy.

I checked that out also. But, it doesn't say why. I hope that SNKP is trying to get things together with him leaving. I pray its only a rumor.

Well if it's true hopefully it'll make SNKP wise up and pass the game over to be published by someone more competent.

Like Atlus or sumthin' :|

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 18, 2011, 07:44:43 PM »
SNKP's Japanese branch must double as an Adidas sweat shop during the night hours or something, besides wasn't Kukino the same guy who said "Our target audience (for XIII) is the arcade scene"
I think that guy was Morishita from SNK USA, wasn't it?

Well if it's true hopefully it'll make SNKP wise up and pass the game over to be published by someone more competent.

Like Atlus or sumthin' :|

Like Atlus? Atlus is a publisher, Kukino is a producer. I'm not sure if you are confusing these therms or I missunderstood your comment...

Maybe it's just a rumor, fighting games websites news don't talk about this at all. I don't know what think about. Maybe SNKP and Kukino didn't have good feeling, maybe Kukino left the company after finish his work (KOFXIII), maybe he found a better job, maybe SNKP have a better option than him as producer... Who knows.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 18, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
Krazykone is talking about new publishers because this news seems like a sign of ''leaving the sinking ship'' instead of other thing

At least if we add the lacks of news of XIII, this leads you to believe the worse

Waifu Material

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
well I switched from "I hope the game come out in Q1 2011!!!"to "I Hope the game come out in 2011"

next will be "I hope the game come out"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:00:41 PM by Gramas »

Neithan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 18, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »
I have confirmation of Kukino leaving. French contact that made interview of Kukino contacted him in the beginning of january and kukino admited it. We didn't spread the info as we considered Kukino would admit it himself when the time was right.

More than that, SNKP president wants to close video game section. Here the message i sent to other sites :

It's Neithan from 2HP.

You probably heard of the departure of kukino, the game director of kof XIII from snkp. SpekSNK supposed it was a rumor but I can confirm it to you.

One of my contact in Japan did the interview of Kukino for french website Neo Arcadia and contacted him when the tweets of the ancient programmer came out on the web. Kukino confirmed he left SNKP in novembre so it's not a rumor anymore.

Besides, two contacts confirmed to me that the new president of SNKP, Ryo Mizufune, wants the video games section to be shut down. He wants to live from license exploitation (queen's blade, kof sky stage) and his influence is one of the things that made Kukino leave the company. It could be possible that many people from the dev team quit too.

The port of Kof XIII is compromised but more than that it's kof that is compromised. It's possible that Kof XIII could be the last one of the saga.

My original post in french with links (use it as a source if you need) : http://basgrospoing.fr/2011/01/kof-xiii ... ision-jeu/

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1342 on: January 18, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »
fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 19, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »
WHAT!?  They like, JUST animated 31 AMAZING characters!!!!!!  I thought that would mean KoF for another 15 years...  NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to keep my head up though and hope for the best

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 19, 2011, 12:15:19 AM »
!!!  Hmm as one door closes...maybe some more doors will open.  I'm keeping optimistic about this!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 19, 2011, 12:36:46 AM »
So KOF is finally going to die. That is really sad.

I'm not expecting anything good for console port right now if the title is released finally. No good online, no extras, no re-balance.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »
Man as far as these news things are reporting, and the very bleak outlook on the future of XIII, I think I'm starting to hit my threshold of hope for this game. although one little piece of good news would bring me right back in lol
" you fight well in the old style"

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 19, 2011, 01:15:41 AM »
So yeah, new name from dreamcancel, focusattack?

If this it's true, I hope that the company broke and disappears, hell, I will rather seen Capcom buying the series than never seeing it again (at least shinkiro could make the artworks)

Anyway, about the release of XIII that best that could happen is that the game wll receive the SSS treatement, they will put the rom in the dvd, create a generic interface used in all their games and voila
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:19:12 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 19, 2011, 01:35:04 AM »
This just opens up an opportunity for the right company to bail them out.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 19, 2011, 01:36:59 AM »
If SNKP wants to create pachislots, I seriously doubt that they will sell the licenses

The only hope is that the give the license to other company which will produce and release the game.

That or waiting to see kyo kusanagi and terry bieng uber low tier in capcom vs snk 3!

Waifu Material