Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547824 times)

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1365 on: January 19, 2011, 05:10:39 AM »
"Masaaki Kukineo, producer of KOF XII and XIII, left SNKPlaymore in November. This news creates some doubt about the port of KOF XIII."

Lets pray for a new greater producer. <=|

"Furthermore, sources within SNKP are reporting that the new president, Ryo Mizufune, wants to shut down the video game division and focus on licensing instead"
-_- !    ......................................................
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:13:35 AM by biggdaddycane »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
*coughbootlegthatshit cough, cough*

I would if I could but then again, I'm not too fond of pirating to begin with.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 19, 2011, 05:22:12 AM »
Lol, this reminds me the ending of dinosaurs where all the family is expecting their inevitable death with still an slighty light of hope

Waifu Material

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 19, 2011, 05:30:27 AM »
Lol, this reminds me the ending of dinosaurs where all the family is expecting their inevitable death with still an slighty light of hope

That was one of my top best endings in TV history of all time, but it was a really sad ending.

Let's see what happens to KOFXIII even thought it really looks grim.

I dont' know why ArcSys doesn't pick up KOFXIII. They picked up Arcana Heart 3 and put in a lot of effort in that game even though its not as popular as KOF.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:33:26 AM by Gorehound »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 19, 2011, 05:37:19 AM »
I don't know that all of this gloom and doom is called for, at this point. The game is really good and may be ported still. It's hard not knowing what's going to happen but, regardless, we have lots of great KOF to play and, at some point, XIII will be available, one way or another.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1370 on: January 19, 2011, 05:50:28 AM »
I agree, I'm not going to stop playing or supporting KOF just because they are having trouble as a company and might not release any new ones, I'm just doing it because I like the games.

But the realization that the game may not be ported still sucks booty.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 19, 2011, 05:56:02 AM »
the thing is, without XIII, or more kof games, the chances of building an scene will vanish from the USA

Here I will still play KOF for a while, but I don't know, the time expiring will be way more faster, maybe there will never be a knew guard to play the game, after a while it will be just another game for casuals (this I'm talking from here to 3 or 5 years)

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 19, 2011, 05:58:33 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree that not knowing the fate of XIII sucks. I just don't have enough facts to write it off as of now.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:20 AM »
that is what saddens me, the fact that the future for competitive KOF is relatively uncertain from here

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1374 on: January 19, 2011, 06:10:43 AM »
the thing is, without XIII, or more kof games, the chances of building an scene will vanish from the USA

But what about KOF2002UM? That is a good game that just came out. Can't just build from that and other good KOF games? Just because one game probably wont see the light of day doesn't mean all the other games will just vanish from our systems and shelves.

I do think that a lot of new people within the scene here were probably just playing more KOF because of XIII.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 19, 2011, 06:30:44 AM »
2002UM means nothing.  The game is only available on XBLA and JAP PS2.  That's not good.  It makes it a hassle to get.  You need a game available to everyone on present day consoles.  And people can be shallow.  They like pretty things.  XIII can be on both 360 and PS3 and is pretty. Everyone wins.  

Best believe either a badass 3D KOF like maybe a MI3 or KOF XIII is the best chance at building a scene for KOF in the US.  The other KOF games are good, sure but they can't get as much attention as something like XIII can in the US.  If 2002UM was on PSN as well along with 360 then it'll have a better shot.  

One thing I always got the vibe about with KOF was that you NEED offline comp for this series.  Otherwise you'll be stuck playing the older titles which some people(like me) don't really care for.  XIII is a game people are interested in.  More than 2002UM or 98UM. Or so it seems in the US.  It's harder to build a scene for older games.  XIII is that new kid on the block for KOF.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:35:51 AM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 19, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
This is not what I had in mind for "Give me an update already SNKp!"

I said all I had to say about what I want for the Port Wishlist thread; I never thought I'd have to say "I just want this game to come to consoles. Period." Now that it's come to this (how the fuck did it come to this?!?), I'm keeping hope for a console release. I'm sure we'll see one; the irrational side of me will still expect to see it soon. But hope aside, Kuniko and SNKp has put me in a position I can't get out of - after years of making quality fighting games, especially XIII, I'm not willing to quit on them. Or to be exact, I'm not willing to let them quit. Somewhere out there some SNK fan is starting a petition of demands; I will if I don't see one started soon enough. Even if it's the only thing we can do, it's worth it. Show Mizufune people want this game. I'd like to say with 100% certainty that we could make the wheel squeak so much that we could demand quality grease, but something is better than nothing.

Now I really, REALLY envy all the SoCal players.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:00:53 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 19, 2011, 09:22:37 AM »
I don't know that all of this gloom and doom is called for, at this point. The game is really good and may be ported still.

This.

!!!  Hmm as one door closes...maybe some more doors will open.  I'm keeping optimistic about this!

This just opens up an opportunity for the right company to bail them out.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:21 AM »
well im still hopeful that it will come to consoles soon cause i have a slim to none chance of ever playing it at a arcade

and if need be i really hope another company picks up kof 13 although i dont ever see capcom trying to pick it up
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:45:09 AM by Xxenace »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 19, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »
ok im feeling like swimming in a sea of shit right now. this is no good news and even worse would be see the kof franchise owned by capcom ... stay the fuck away from this great game please.
i agree to start a petition or whatever since we ll never see a cabinet here in italy ... a letter or a bomb u choose but send something to this new snkp genius cause this game have some potentials ... please please release it for consoles and dont let die  the kof scene or ppl who cant have a scene but still hope and look for the kof series from years