Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547831 times)

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1380 on: January 19, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »
Let old news be old news, Im over this news already, I find it funny that the producer or ex president could not convince the lead artist/ designer or the rest of the kof xiii development team to "abondon ship" with them, then that would have being the real problem, do the lead artist/designer and the rest of the  team see something at the end of the tunnel that they could not see, are they seeing what us fans see in them, we know SNKP IS NOT A QUITTER WHEN THINGS SEEM ROUGH, get your act together and good luck you are going to need it badly, hopefully we get a great port from ethier ATLUS or XSeed or something, this is the only fighting game that im going to buy for full price even for the special edition, MVC3 and MK9 I can get from the bargain bin. SNKP you still got my support.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 19, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »
couldnt cRE LESS ABOUT THE SCENE. LETS JUST HOPE THIS ISNT THE LAST KOF, OR THAT KOF TURNS INTO A CAPCOM TURTLE FIGHTER WITH FOCUS ATTACKS/caps.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 19, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
In the professor mmcafe post it wrote
"On a side note, Yoshiyasu Matsushita seems to be still working at SNKP and quotes, "We still have people that worked on games like Metal Slug, KOF, and ASO". FYI, the quote should not be taken out of context-- it wasn't a comment about the recent movements, but of SNKP compared to the old years when Twinkle Star Sprites was released."

Does anyone know who is Yoshiyasu Matsushita?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 19, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
Yoshiyasu Matsushita is a long-time SNKP employee and producer of Doki Doki Majo Shinpan.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
all we can do is now is to enjoy those games
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:44:32 PM by Ashspiralingblood »

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 19, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »
I prefer to see KOF die than being bought by Capcom.
I never forgave them for the way they shat on their freaking glorious past with the decision to go 3D.

If they buy SNKP games  rights it's going to be 3D all over again ( + shitty super casual controls ). I do not want to see that happen.

Arcsys could buy them... they're still doing 2D games. Well, the backgrounds on BlazBlue are in 3D, and i don't think they're gonna stand on their 2D position for too long now but...

M'enfin.

I'm still waiting for KOF13 on consoles.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1386 on: January 19, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
I still have a little bit of trust that snkp will release the port for XIII.I just want to wake up one morning and see on the dreamcancel page written with caps KOF XIII AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER - RELEASE DATE 13TH OF APRIL 2011...that will be the greatest present i get for my birthday ....pffff  a man can dream, can't he?

ps:untill then i will not buy any snkp games!if they want to live of exploiting old titles aand licenses they can go to hell
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:13:50 PM by KBlackNoah »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 19, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
I still have a little bit of trust that snkp will release the port for XIII.I just want to wake up one morning and see on the dreamcancel page written with caps KOF XIII AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER - RELEASE DATE 13TH OF APRIL 2011...that will be the greatest present i get for my birthday ....pffff  a man can dream, can't he?

ps:untill then i will not buy any snkp games!if they want to live of exploiting old titles aand licenses they can go to hell

For hope's sake, let's hope "exploiting old titles" includes XIII.

And while they're at it, "exploit old titles" by patching the current downloadable line-up why don't you?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:04:46 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

krazykone123

« Reply #1388 on: January 19, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Guess I'll just play 98/2002/UM's for the next X amount of years and continue to update the wiki while I'm at it, with that said I still strongly agree with Hatred and Kane.

*shrugs* shit happens, I'll see you guys on GGPO or whenever XIII is released on consoles.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 19, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »
SNKP why dont you burn the building down along with the snk's franchise, i bet you'll make tons of cash from the insurance policy of the building, more than selling out and making stupid pacha  what ever
If you do it you would not look that stupid for cash

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 19, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
Guess I'll just play 98/2002/UM's for the next X amount of years and continue to update the wiki while I'm at it, with that said I still strongly agree with Hatred and Kane.

*shrugs* shit happens, I'll see you guys on GGPO or whenever XIII is released on consoles.

Im going to stick with 2k2UM for years to come while still helping with what i can on the wiki and if no information on XIII is released in 3 more months i'll just buy MvC3/MK9 and play them casually and forget about XIII
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:58:33 PM by Shinra Shiranui »
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 19, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
Honestly, I still don't get why people is expecting inevitably that Capcom will pick up the game, gave it a better treatement and put KOF in the map. The company has more important franchises to explot and live up than any of SNK ones, if they ever wanted something about SNK, will be the license for a CVS3, I don't believe all the mental faps that people thinks that Capcom will not only launch KOF, but also revive fatal fury or even ikari warriors lol.Hell, only with SF and all his variations they are served for life, and if they ever wanted another fighting game, they still had darkstalkers or maybe rival schools. Capcom will pick the license, launch CVS 3, and they will never mention SNK again

The only hope is that some smaller company licensed the game and has some interest in the arcade scene, which is by far KOF strongest point, and maybe hoping for a more niche game

But I still had some hope that Ryo Mizufune isn't that stupid to realize that with some investment and better decisions, KOF would give them big money.

Also I blaming the UM sucess, this 2 games demonstrated that they could have games that were cheap as hell and still were more played that lots of big productions in the arcades, the console market is another story

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
to much gloom and doom in dis bitch y'all need to chillllllllllllllllllllllllllll

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 19, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »

Same here, this bad news aint gonna stop me from playing and progressing. I'm keep on moving forward.

to much gloom and doom in dis bitch y'all need to chillllllllllllllllllllllllllll
I, Agree

I'm not gonna sit here and conversate opinions about expecting something we have no power over because It's demoralizing. All we can generally do is wait, grow some spirit, and keep playing KOF no matter what dilemma's come forth. Also, I'm down with the petition.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:02:07 PM by biggdaddycane »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 19, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »
well if anyone starts a petition ill be the first to sign it