Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 548177 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1395 on: January 19, 2011, 11:42:35 PM »
At the way things are looking now, a petition would fall on deaf ears.

We need a petition saying "I promise to keep playing and learning KOF, even if KOFXIII never comes out for consoles in my lifetime". lol
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:32 AM »
Sadly petitions do nothing, specially in a case like this.

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 21, 2011, 03:58:33 AM »
Fuck, man. KOFXIII should be ported, it's one thing SNK will not  regret doing. I'm also tired of the free reign and popularity Capcom has in U.S., and SNK/Arcsys/Virtua Fighter/Arcana Heart/Melty Blood is usually kicked to the side just because either "lol anime/lolicon" (especially in MB/AH's cases) and "It's too hard"(VF and GG gets this the most.) I'd rather prefer Capcom to bring back Rival Schools and Darkstalkers, but knowing them, I don't trust if they can do it right as they are now. The community as a whole should be NOT divided really, but Capcom's ability to milk their games for all their worth and then some to a mostly uncaring mainstream public got them where they are, and that makes me sad. I'm hype for Marvel 3 though. But seriously, fuck whoever made these things happen inthe fighting game genre.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZHofXS-n8y0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Haggar - how close a grappler should be for a throw.
Zangief - 2-3 steps too far away from the other person and can still piledrive them. Even back in SF2.

Edit: I made a typo
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:42:30 AM by AM2 »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 21, 2011, 04:33:09 AM »
what does lolicon mean? I've been seeing that term being tossed around a lot and still can't get someone to tell me what it means. Would it make sense if I still watched anime?

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 21, 2011, 04:52:40 AM »
what does lolicon mean? I've been seeing that term being tossed around a lot and still can't get someone to tell me what it means. Would it make sense if I still watched anime?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lolicon+

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 21, 2011, 05:08:45 AM »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 21, 2011, 05:32:28 AM »
these might be a good read
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286721.html
and
http://mmcafe.com/bbs.html

Thanks a bunch, for the Info

From the link :
"In response to Internet rumors from earlier this week, SNK is planning to release a full slate of games in 2011, and expects to continue publishing games worldwide for many years to come."--An SNK Playmore representative."

Now that what the fuck I like to hear.

krazykone123

« Reply #1402 on: January 21, 2011, 05:52:07 AM »
Now that what the fuck I like to hear.

I dunno man that guys a corporate shill, dudes get paid to say BS like that all the time lol. And while it is true that nothing is stopping SNKP from publishing XIII for consoles that still doesn't promise us a good port of KOF XIII with a substantial netcode.

I'll be damned if I'm wrong though.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 21, 2011, 06:24:26 AM »
The fact that they haven't released any official news on this themselves makes me wonder, but then again their releases of games recently have been very abrupt, as far as letting us know when they're coming out
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:26:19 AM by metaphysics »
" you fight well in the old style"

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 21, 2011, 12:13:58 PM »
That was sweet to read. Maybe rumors were true, but too much drastic... I mean, maybe SNKP new direction really wants to shut down developing game section, but keeping releases of new games. So outsource their games and no develop them anymore by themselves.

I wonder from where Gamespot get this info.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

JT_Chill

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 21, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
The best news in a while. Though, they are not denying the departure. But, they are re-assuring the release of games. Let's pray that they are developing a new game to help stay in the business.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 21, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
IMHO, SNKP wants to prevent Chinese Democracy Syndrome.  by simply not raising expectations regarding release dates, they can choose the right moment to hype the game. it's hard to build speed from zero, but A WHOLE LOT HARDER if they have to push the release date back even once. and given SNKP's current state, i think it takes only a couple of syntax errors to derail their schedule.

also, Bill Gate's once said: it's better to have a piece of &^$% at the right moment than the perfect program at the wrong one. with so many mainstream games looming, timing the release of xiii anywhere near them is financial suicide.

my 2 euro cts.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 21, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »
The thing, that stament still doesn't respond the question if they will still produce more games

Maybe said it, but my english is still basic to understand some words in a specific context

Waifu Material

JT_Chill

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 21, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
The thing, that stament still doesn't respond the question if they will still produce more games

Maybe said it, but my english is still basic to understand some words in a specific context
They have games slated to be released this year. Not much is known, this is the questionable part. What do they have coming out, who knows. Let's just support them anyway.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 21, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »
The thing that I could totally see happening, is that KOF XIV will be do by a second party, they already had the sprites, so they just need to do the programming, and create new stages and some new characters, I'm okay with that only if they put good money

Waifu Material