Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547635 times)

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1410 on: January 21, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
wow playmore CANT DO THAT

what does this shit mean?lol

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 21, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »
Come on guys, think logically. XIII will be ported to the consoles. At this point I would be satisfied with a NGBC netcode and the arcade version ported to XBLA and neo-geo station. XIII will find its way to consoles, I am not worried about that. What I am worried about is that KOF XIV will never happen with SNKp. 

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:15 AM »
It's good to know we just had a false scare;  I knew it was too early to jump into conclusions, everyone can resume breathing again.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 22, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »
It's good to know we just had a false scare;  I knew it was too early to jump into conclusions, everyone can resume breathing again.

lol its easy to get scared or jump to conclusions if its something you really care about is at stake. But yeah this is some good news and im looking forward to what SNKP got in store for us as the year go by.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 22, 2011, 01:21:50 AM »
well, I want to see their line up soon, my only ''but'' is that this info seems to be taken from SNKP USA, even though it seems that only in the western all this rumours appeared

Waifu Material

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 22, 2011, 03:30:44 AM »
?that statement means nothing lol and doesn't answer any real questions,its just the same bullshit from playmore

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 22, 2011, 03:34:52 AM »
It's good to know we just had a false scare;  I knew it was too early to jump into conclusions, everyone can resume breathing again.

?that statement means nothing lol and doesn't answer any real questions,its just the same bullshit from playmore

I just prefer to focus on the solution instead of the problem; worrying/stressing and/OR speculating doesn't help at all.  All we can do is just play the games available at the moment to support SNKP.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 22, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »

Yup. Snkp knows that KOF XIII is their last chance. There is not a single chance that XIII won't make it to the consoles. They have to milk those expensive and time consuming sprites before "giving up" on KOF

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1418 on: January 22, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »
To be honest, if I was one of those art guys that contributed all that work and hours into making those sprites, I would be DAMNED if it didn't come out for console and it just died in the arcades. I would probably go postal.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1419 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47:42 AM »
in other "news"
speksnk put some videos of some cutscenes from (according to the title) the Beta version of kof XII that are present in 13.

version KOF XII (BETA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtoZffGIJho

Version KOF XIII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyXdnBg9Ec

i still think to this day that the kof 12 engine was fact developed for a new art of fighting ..maybe a new Fatal Fury game... but because of the constrains they had to rush it and make it a kof game.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:50:43 AM by KBlackNoah »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #1420 on: January 28, 2011, 12:10:45 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love the game, every time that I could I go to play it and enjoy every single moment of it, lots of people had been showing some high level play and I'm trying to learn it, but still, the hype from the game has being dying for me and not for the lack of news of the console port but because I still feel that the game doesn't have ''it''

That's why I'm still hoping for a KOF XIV or at least a balance in the console version (even though I got a feeling that if they ever balanced the game for consoles, it will suck) with some fixing and removing lots of the aspect that add lot of cheapness to the game we would have a game superior to 98um and 2002um, the potential is there, SNK just need to realize it

Say what you want about capcom, but at least the guys puts lots of more effort trying to balance their games, if they are succesfull, well, personal tastes I guess, but I hope that SNK has one last hurrah and put XIII in the place which this game and XII deserved if weren't for all the internal hell that must be SNKP inside

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 28, 2011, 12:26:29 AM »
That's why I'm still hoping for a KOF XIV or at least a balance in the console version (even though I got a feeling that if they ever balanced the game for consoles, it will suck) with some fixing and removing lots of the aspect that add lot of cheapness to the game we would have a game superior to 98um and 2002um, the potential is there, SNK just need to realize it

I think '98UM and '02UM have a large roster of characters to really help them out too, I do miss that part of the older series.

Say what you want about capcom, but at least the guys puts lots of more effort trying to balance their games, if they are succesfull, well, personal tastes I guess, but I hope that SNK has one last hurrah and put XIII in the place which this game and XII deserved if weren't for all the internal hell that must be SNKP inside

SNKP has never been known for balancing games, XII was the first one I heard of that they patched (and that was for netcode, not character balance).  In fact, SNKP was also known to not take much player feedback during the beta phase until XII I think.

Capcom is much, much better at doing so, however they are a much larger company and have the resources for such revisions etc.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 28, 2011, 03:41:39 AM »
I think the problem is, is that we look at Capcom, who have this amazing ability to engage with the fanbase. Hell, they are not the only ones mind you who have done this, but in the realm of fighters, they are the king.

I think it pisses us off as SNK fans that the company does not seem to care what the hell we care about and yet here we are begging for some kind of info for anything. And what do we get treated to? nothing but that shooter Neo Witches whatever on their Facebook page. Which unfortunately, is the only way for anyone to make contact with them and even then that doesn't matter.

I think it's the reason why so many people have gone the pirating way in other countries when it comes to SNK games. I know that sounds weird but let's be honest, places like Mexico are so hardcore about SNK games and they just can't wait to get their hands on the newest game.

It's such a shame because Capcom saw that their games are in such demand and they answered by supplying their fans. SNK on the other hand just seems contempt on doing nothing. it's a shame.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 28, 2011, 03:47:11 AM »
Mexico (and south america or china) are hardcore fans of SNK thanks for the cheaps that were the neo geos and their cartridges, its almost impossible to see an arcade without a neo geo here

Problem is, that arcades are not that profitable too, so only exceptions FEW locals will buy XIII, or even 98 or 2002um, lol, at times they put ps2 connected to sticks

Waifu Material

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 31, 2011, 12:18:42 AM »
I think the update arcades got that fix the buggy shit is the best we're going to get. I can imagine SNKP outsourcing the home port to some Chinese or South Korean company done on the cheap.

Even still, I wouldn't say the game is broken. I mean, it's nothing like 2002 where Angel can get you in an easy infinite, or you have a character like Choi who can runaway all day. KOF has always been about 'guess wrong 2 times and you die' so I'm not seeing too much that's out of place. If I could play game director, these are the only nerfs I would add:

Liz not being being to connect super from a trade.

Decrease guard damage done by Raiden's Drop Kick.

Decrease meter gain K' receives, and make the Ein Trigger a little less safe on block.

That's it. Not very much.