Author Topic: Skull Girls  (Read 38356 times)

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Girls
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2012, 10:35:28 PM »
Haven't had a chance to fight online (on 360) Shyt just wouldn't let me connect.
I don't mind the game. Something else to play and hold me over while I wait for others.
I do look forward to fighting as many of you guys as possible on this game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2012, 11:35:29 PM »
well im loving this game so far has lots of things other fighting games needs though it's missing some of the more usual things most fighting games have

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2012, 01:30:50 AM »
The intro sounds a bit like this song

!

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2012, 03:39:31 AM »
well im loving this game so far has lots of things other fighting games needs though it's missing some of the more usual things most fighting games have

I have to say that at least it has a strong foundation. I hope it sells well because a sequel could make this into a serious contender. Right now with just 8 characters, weak tutorial and some omissions in the tutorial and movelist hurt this.

I would've at least liked to have had some bnbs to start off. Coming up with Marvel combos on a six button system is crazy.

On the note of that, I'm wondering why they didn't do it Marvel 2 style with LP,HP,LK,HK,A1,A2? Oh well. Handling assists as is, is a bit of a pain.

Also:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:46:26 AM by Proto Cloud »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2012, 04:38:27 AM »
One question for those who got it:

Does the game have a good amount of Single Player content? I would be happy with an amount like BB to give an example, stuff like Story mode, Arcade mode, Gallery to unlock, etc.
I ask because my internet is shitty and usually my online is not good for fighting games.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2012, 05:02:51 AM »
Has story mode, but honestly, is not that good

hadn't seen gallery so far

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »
The single player is pretty meh but honestly it's a $15 game that has kick ass online. I think you get your monies worth.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2012, 05:13:21 AM »
Single player is Arcade and Story...which is pretty much a glorified Arcade Mode only with story.  But you know, it does its job, especially at making an annoying ass FGC boss.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2012, 05:15:26 AM »
Yeah, if this game retailed for $60 that kind of complaint would be justified. But it's a $15 game and so come on.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:50 AM »
Yeah, if this game retailed for $60 that kind of complaint would be justified. But it's a $15 game and so come on.

I barely care about single player IN $60 games.  When MK/BB stories become the rule rather than the exception, then I might start caring.  It might seem backwards, but hey, I get FG's to play with others, not the single player.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2012, 06:33:27 AM »
I thought BB's story mode was pointlessly long. It felt like a visual novel I couldn't give a shit about. On the other hand, MK9's was basically the unofficial sequel to the first MK movie.

I have to say, I like this story mode because it doesn't wear out its welcome like BB does and is straight to the point.

Also you can do some nutty mixups with assists in this game. You can do some really dirty shit with Cerebella's 360 using the right assists.

Merkilo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Skull Girls
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
What assists are you thinking?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »
For example, I have Cerebella on point with Valentine on assist with her qcf+mk. Using her assist take some time to start up, so I force my opponent into a blocking situation and go into Cerebella's 360. Worked well on Xxenace. ;)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
For example, I have Cerebella on point with Valentine on assist with her qcf+mk. Using her assist take some time to start up, so I force my opponent into a blocking situation and go into Cerebella's 360. Worked well on Xxenace. ;)
>_>

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
He's free though, that doesn't count.