Author Topic: Hard Corps: Uprising  (Read 5921 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hard Corps: Uprising
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
Has anyone else played it? This game is fantastic in my opinion. Arc System Works has made a downloadable game for a very affordable price with s very well done animated intro and multiple outros in the same quality. I don't know how much effort they put into this, but it does not dissapoint. It feels like something i could have paid full price for.

This game amazes me because it has an oldschool arcade mode that will take a long time to beat, and while it helps you with a few pointers, as a whole though, it does not hold your hand. The second game mode called "rising mode" allows you to power up your character, and is thus ultimately the games easy mode. I find it a good adition because even though it's not as fun to me, it helps me learn the stages and bosses so i have a better chance in arcade mode without replaying the tough and thus in a sense long game from scratch for eternity just to beat that one boss on a later stage.

So, again, has anyone else tried it? If so, what are your opinions of this game?

krazykone123

Re: Hard Corps: Uprising
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
Yeah I downloaded it a couple days ago, ASW did a fantastic job with it no doubt.

The presentation is great, the intro is cool albeit you might find it cheesy (basic stuff you would expect with it's anime artstyle).The controls are solid, you can do everything from switch weapons to shoot in a 360 direction, shoot whilst walking etc, ammo types I've seen thus far (I'm only up to stage 4 right so there might be more) Scatter Shot/Plasma/Rocket/Laser/Shield. The music is what really makes this game for me, it's Guilty Gear/Blazblue-esque music for a Contra game!, although it doesn't go as far as being as "creative" Ishiwatari's shit, just simple tech-metal kinda stuff that's not grating on the ears and seems fitting for the game at hand. Now the stages, this is where the game shines, the first stage is a desert full of basic enemies but it gets a lot more hectic later on, a giant sand worm coming out from the background to destroy stuff on the stage, which later leads to bike race. Speaking of stages this game is difficult (forget the fact that you can take more than one hit), just about every stage has some kind of surprise at the end that will catch you off guard, this throws everything at you.

I'll put up some more later. 

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
I've been thinking about getting this game as  well, but at this moment i'm too busy with other things.
Glad to hear some good things about it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
 hey guys put the konami code in during the loading screen of the first stage

;up ;up ;dn ;dn ;bk ;fd ;bk ;fd ;b ;a start

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »

[/quote

Doesn't seem to work because if you press x you start the stage. I read though that at the games opening screen you're supposed to be able to input the code but with l3 then r3 at the end instead of b then a.This code may well work because when i play rising mode i start with something like 570 continues hehe :p Either it's  that alternate code or i've done some fancy magic i can't explain.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »

[/quote

Doesn't seem to work because if you press x you start the stage. I read though that at the games opening screen you're supposed to be able to input the code but with l3 then r3 at the end instead of b then a.This code may well work because when i play rising mode i start with something like 570 continues hehe :p Either it's  that alternate code or i've done some fancy magic i can't explain.
i dont know if there is another code but the one im talking about changes the music in the first stage

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

[/quote

i dont know if there is another code but the one im talking about changes the music in the first stage
Cool, the one i tried supposedly adds 30 lives or continues, don't recall wich. Gotta try again with the original code then, because it might change to the classic jungle theme :p

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
Anyone tried Moon Diver? I don't know if i should get this one or Hard Corps.

Moon Diver's director was one of the creators (or just creator) of  Strider Hiryu, and both games look like good platformers, with lots of action and pew pew everywhere.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
I'm in europe so my psn update with moon diver should hopefully be within 4 hours (though who knows, maybe they wait a month just to piss us off). I'll try it out then, but for now i can fully encourage you to get Hard Corps. I hope i will be able to do the same with Moon Diver, and even the new rush n' attack, though for the latter, i really don't have very high expectations. If you do get hard corps, you should spend the two extra dollars or so to get atleast the dlc character "Sayuri". She is basically a female version of strider and mixes up the gameplay in a good way.

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 09:16:30 AM »
Just played the Moon Diver demo.  It seems alright, but I think HC:U is a better game overall.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
I've completed three stages in moon diver, i've played single and multiplayer and thus far i can say that it gets harder but it has yet to become more interesting. It's playable, but i can't imagine wanting to play it again after completing it. Stages have been similar thus far and they all go with the purple mist down on the ground best explained as a "the ground is lava" thing thus stage after stage you move from rooftop to rooftop with little colours around you. The single most entertaining thing i've come across in the game was a hidden room with some very powerfull enemies in it. The fun part of it was simply discovering and conquering something not so obvious. Otherwise you just move forward and a wave of monsters drop from the ceiling. You beat them up, move forward, rinse and repeat.

I've gotten to the boss on the fourth stage so there's two stages left to see and i guess theres time for my opinion to change but for now, i must really recommend hard corps over this.

*Just got to stage 5 and the game has now changed scenery and it also seems like there are more than 6 stages total. So i guess this is a plus for the game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:33:39 PM by The Fluke »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »

Ok, the code works like this now; Input  ;up ;up ;dn ;dn ;bk ;fd ;bk ;fd x o while the first stage is loading, once it has loaded and it says ready, it's too late. You'll hear a voice say "let's rock" confirming that it worked and then you get to play the first stage (except bosses) with a remix of the classic jungle theme. Sweet!

Just to add, the bosses are in there, just with the their regular music and after the first stage the game seems to carry on with its standard music and the code only seems to work on the first stage, really cool though.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
i used to use that code ALL the time with pulstar on my neo cd. this way i never had to bother with upgrades after dying, game is hard enough even with the cheat.

any psn users down to play hcu online with me on ps3?

also moon diver was straight ass.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
also moon diver was straight ass.

True.

I guess i could play Hardcorps with you if our schedules coincide

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
are you from thge US? and if so, from the east coast? otherwise i dont think our connections will allow this.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!