Author Topic: Rumble in the Jungle Results and Discussion  (Read 4339 times)

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Rumble in the Jungle Results and Discussion
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
Edit: Posted up the wrong video! Sorry guys, here's the right one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EnZ57a-zhw
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:22:33 AM by steamwolf »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Jungle Results and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »
i cant help but feel theres a huge lag between the 2 fighters, and theyre both from the US. its good to see its 2 players that actually do know how to play the game.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
There was some lag, but they said it wasn't that bad. Its not like it was KoF XII day 1 lag lol

TomCaddie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:51:54 PM »
It was fun Ghost, hopefully we can play on someplace other than arclive soon. :P

As far as the lag, it wasn't laggy, but...there was something where it would look like you're kicking ass, then it would rewind and you're getting YOUR ass kicked. Thankfully it didn't happen a lot. Still, it's an annoyance I wish neither of us had to deal with.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »
funny thing thoug, i cant stand s/sf4 at all @ higher levels when facing turtles. RB2 is probably one of the few games thats as turtle as sf4 series but it doesn't suck at all. (sfa series, sf2 series, kof 94&95, ss series) lots of series involve turtling to the max, but i think what seperates from those lesser fun games is the offensive possibilities in RB2 even without tickthrows (only real flaw of rb2 imo).compared to most turtle fighters its possible to close the gabs much easier thanx to the game system of rb2. i honestly enjoy rb2 over any other ff game (this series has top notch games to boot, from FFS and onward every FF game is dope).

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »
I agree completely, its too bad some don't see it that way. Btw Musolini, working on the Yamazaki thread now and thanks for your info up on SRK. I'll of course give credit to you and all. And btw, I hope you re-watched the video of the match cause that first video I posted was the wrong thing, something else entirely lol

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »
no prob man, don't even need to give me props for it. and for beginning yamas facing newbies, ;b , ;c, into special will probably be enough to kill amateurs. some of the shit in the game just beats a lot of other shit. think joe's dash ;c for instance.

remember, these moves are great even @ the highest levels. but ofcourse not spammable @ highest levels.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »
Save it for the Yamazaki thread ;p coming soon!

TomCaddie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 12:07:53 AM »
You know I wouldn't mind lending some tips and knowledge to some of these threads. Even though I main Duck, Geese, and Krauser, I can play as anyone and know at least basic strategies for everyone.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »
indeed, for some reason RB feels so natural that anybody can be mastered without too much of a problem imo. especially if you where playing it from rb1, rbs was dirt easy to master all the characters, same for rb2. tommy next time use more characters man, there isnt a sinlge character thats hard to use in this game, its fucking great. even to master these characters aint all that hard (compared to games like gg or sf3ts).

krazykone123

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »
You know I wouldn't mind lending some tips and knowledge to some of these threads. Even though I main Duck, Geese, and Krauser, I can play as anyone and know at least basic strategies for everyone.

Some tips would be great, to be honest the reason I didn't really stay with this game is because of lack of direction, well that and I didn't want to fall asleep reading long-winded guides on GameFaqs.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »
well what is is that you dont understand about the game, or you wanna learn a character?

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »

Anything you wish to contribute to any of the threads, feel free to do so!

Some tips would be great, to be honest the reason I didn't really stay with this game is because of lack of direction, well that and I didn't want to fall asleep reading long-winded guides on GameFaqs.

Understandable. But any questions you have, feel free to ask. I think I covered most of the basics all ready if you look in the Information thread. If its character specific, I do apologize about the lack of character threads and wiki stuff but there's plenty of people here more than willing to answer any questions like Musolini and Tom, and I'll answer anything I can. Gamefaqs sometimes doesn't even cover the correct things, and is only a general move list most of the time. I'm hoping to make it easier and compile every bit of info out there for RB2 onto this place.