Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1034795 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1080 on: April 14, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
easy to see why, his shen owns. what did nr 17 thnk of mr kofs terry and kim? and also his robert. from what ive seen, japanese players suck with terry, though ive seen some good kims and roberts, no terrys.

also is kunio still in the US?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 14, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Yeah 17's Shen was a joy to watch, same with everyone else especially Answer's Kim.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:13 PM »
Yeah 17's Shen was a joy to watch, same with everyone else especially Answer's Kim.

Don't think The Answer plays Kim. Perhaps it was Mr. KOF?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
Shen was the most used character in this tournament.  You could called this tournament "Put a Shen in your life!"  :P
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »
Shen was the most used character in this tournament.  You could called this tournament "Put a Shen in your life!"  :P

lol, yeah after the tournament I thought about picking up Shen since it's so popular here for some reason, but I was like fuck this too many Shens our vids are getting too polluted with Shen.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:50 PM »
Shen was the most used character in this tournament.  You could called this tournament "Put a Shen in your life!"  :P

lol, yeah after the tournament I thought about picking up Shen since it's so popular here for some reason, but I was like fuck this too many Shens our vids are getting too polluted with Shen.

For the record I was the first Shen user over here =)  Even I feel that there are too many Shens...but as I was telling Metaphysics, anyone that can backslap a fireball is gangsta!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »
I really don't believe in the fact that if too many people use one character that you shouldn't. Just play the character you have fun with.

There's usually a good reason why a lot people pick the same characters. K' is because it's too strong, but Shen is because he's damn fun.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »
Well, the thing with Shen is that he has that certain style that makes SNK characters so cool and unique.
He is a 100% classic SNK character.
Good thing about this character is that he also doesn´t have a real story or motive, he just wants to fight stronger opponents. This means that when we get a new arc, Ash and Elizabeth might be drop to follow the new story, but Shen could easily stick around, he could be invited for any team any time.
I can´t wait to use him (I am already a Shen user since XI).

The tourney videos were cool, the only problem is that I got excited seeing Takuma in the first match, but then....
Man, noone uses Takuma, I would really love to see someone kicking ass with him, but after 1.1 ver got released, he just dissapeared.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »
Well, the thing with Shen is that he has that certain style that makes SNK characters so cool and unique.
Good thing about this character is that he also doesn´t have a real story or motive, he just wants to fight stronger opponents. This means that when we get a new arc, Ash and Elizabeth might be drop to follow the new story, but Shen could easily stick around, he could be invited for any team any time.
I can´t wait to use him (I am already a Shen user since XI).

The tourney videos were cool, the only problem is that I got excited seeing Takuma in the first match, but then....
Man, noone uses Takuma, I would really love to see someone kicking ass with him, but after 1.1 ver got released, he just dissapeared.

People still use him, just not in tournaments. He's lacking a bit in the defense department.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »

He just has so much personality, I was just saying this to metaphysics yesterday.  For a relatively late comer to the series, he's risen to much popularity because of his attitude and fight style.  I mean, he backslaps fireballs, he punches shit with his autoguard, just full out street brawler fist/kicking only--he also turns into SSJ....oh come on.

I really don't believe in the fact that if too many people use one character that you shouldn't. Just play the character you have fun with.

If everyone used Chin I would still hang on to him, so I guess that's true.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:37:11 AM by Kane317 »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:31 AM »
Still watching Alex arcade tournament vids. Wow! Very good matches in Part 4. Yoshi's Joe is great at final match, and Ash (player) makes me love Ash (character). Bravo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:50:04 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 15, 2011, 01:40:44 AM »

Go to shanghai and u find ur takuma xD

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 15, 2011, 01:46:59 AM »
Still watching Alex arcade tournament vids. Wow! Part 4 is one of the most intense. Very good matches. Yoshi's Joe is great at final match, and Ash (player) makes me love Ash (character). Bravo.

Thanks! I just wish I didn't drop my HD combo in the 2nd game =( It pretty much cost me the match.

It was strange playing against a good Joe. Threw me off quite a bit since I don't play against him often.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 15, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »

Go to shanghai and u find ur takuma xD

Mr KOF and Reynald uses Takuma a lot, I dunno why they don't for tourneys (and they're good with them).

.  Somehow the upload works now (attempt number 3 on that file alone).

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 15, 2011, 03:16:53 AM »
Excellent vids, thanks to all the players and everyone involved in their creation.

I will say I miss seeing Raiden. More specifically, I miss the drama of Raiden matches. Players either rise to the occasion and fuck him up in spectacular fashion, or fail to do so in equally spectacular fashion. I feel like the ability to deal with the dropkicks separated the men from the boys.

Then again, I'm just a spectator. I don't have to deal with that shit myself!