Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1034567 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1230 on: May 02, 2011, 06:44:18 PM »
^^ I am totally with you m8
Takuma can make a 100% combo starting with full HD and 1 power gauge only and people put him in the lower tiers team.

His defense....

I just saying this on Friday to the SoCal guys, I dunno if it's full HD + 2 stocks or only + 1 stock...I think that should factor him into a higher spot alone.  Granted, 1 combo shouldn't move someone to the top but at the same time look what happened to Mature and Joe in v1.0.  Of course it's harder to do than say a Mature combo, but a practical 100% is still something to give consideration to. 

I think as it stands, outside of Takuma, the strongest 100% combo is Chin's technically speaking, although it's so circumstantial that it's almost negligible (Must drink, and the positioning is very critical to the point if you add an extra s.C or you jump in from the wrong direction; it'll push them out of the spot since the combo requires wiring) You also have to start with Chin's jump in which, as anyone knows, is like doing one of those chase-projectile-combos...ok maybe not that bad lol); Chin's is 3 stocks, HD, 1 drink.  After that, it might be Shen's 4 stock HD corner 100%.

If indeed it only takes 1 stock and 1 HD bar for Takuma to do the 100% then that's pretty disgusting.

A better player not using K' and Raiden will still win more than a person who uses both with lesser skill. They are top tier, but not game breaking.

Well I think it depends on the spread of skill.  A beginner user trying to dropkick experienced player or spamming K''s Eins Trigger (qcf+P) isn't going to get very far against veterans.  When the skill level of the K' and Raiden user gets pretty high, he'll still take out a higher skill player that aren't using K' and Raiden, if you ask me. 

Let's say you have an experienced player like Romance use Raiden and K', and he practices them like he does with King; I'm willing to wager that he'll take out Mr. Kof ft10 if Mr. Kof doesn't use them himself.  We don't even have to look at a theorectical situation, the last AI tourney we had when Reynald started using Raiden, Mr. Kof had to use Raiden himself to stay competitive.

That's what I've been saying since day 1 of Raiden's DKs, when the day comes when high level experience players start using Raiden and it comes down to winning they rest of the players will have to start using him as well. That is probably the best example, at the time of the last tournament Mr.KOF was the best XIII player but when Raiden was added to the equation by Reynald who is a skilled players him self, as skilled as Mr.KOF is, he had no other option but to use Raiden as well.

I don't know if you guys can tell that in part 1 of the new vids after that Raiden, k, Max player started getting a win streak a few of the other players started adding Raiden to their lineup.

If Raiden is not fixed by the console release, this game is going to flop.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:20:50 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
wow that last joe player was really nice imo. his maxima kicked ass as well.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 02, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »
^^ I am totally with you m8
Takuma can make a 100% combo starting with full HD and 1 power gauge only and people put him in the lower tiers team.

His defense....

I just saying this on Friday to the SoCal guys, I dunno if it's full HD + 2 stocks or only + 1 stock...I think that should factor him into a higher spot alone.  Granted, 1 combo shouldn't move someone to the top but at the same time look what happened to Mature and Joe in v1.0.  Of course it's harder to do than say a Mature combo, but a practical 100% is still something to give consideration to. 

I think as it stands, outside of Takuma, the strongest 100% combo is Chin's technically speaking, although it's so circumstantial that it's almost negligible (Must drink, and the positioning is very critical to the point if you add an extra s.C or you jump in from the wrong direction; it'll push them out of the spot since the combo requires wiring) You also have to start with Chin's jump in which, as anyone knows, is like doing one of those chase-projectile-combos...ok maybe not that bad lol); Chin's is 3 stocks, HD, 1 drink.  After that, it might be Shen's 4 stock HD corner 100%.

If indeed it only takes 1 stock and 1 HD bar for Takuma to do the 100% then that's pretty disgusting.

A better player not using K' and Raiden will still win more than a person who uses both with lesser skill. They are top tier, but not game breaking.

Well I think it depends on the spread of skill.  A beginner user trying to dropkick experienced player or spamming K''s Eins Trigger (qcf+P) isn't going to get very far against veterans.  When the skill level of the K' and Raiden user gets pretty high, he'll still take out a higher skill player that aren't using K' and Raiden, if you ask me. 

Let's say you have an experienced player like Romance use Raiden and K', and he practices them like he does with King; I'm willing to wager that he'll take out Mr. Kof ft10 if Mr. Kof doesn't use them himself.  We don't even have to look at a theorectical situation, the last AI tourney we had when Reynald started using Raiden, Mr. Kof had to use Raiden himself to stay competitive.

That's what I've been saying since day 1 of Raiden's DKs, when the day comes when high level experience players start using Raiden and it comes down to winning they rest of the players will have to start using him as well. That is probably the best example, at the time of the last tournament Mr.KOF was the best players XIII but when Raiden was added to the equation by Reynald who is a skilled players him self, and as skilled as Mr.KOF is, he had no other option but to use Raiden as well.

I don't know if you guys can tell that in part 1 of the new vids after that Raiden, k, Max player started getting a win streak a few of the other players started adding Raiden to their lineup.

If Raiden is not fixed by the console release, this game is going to flop.

This is probably the 2nd most balanced KOF. A lot of people will never be satisfied. If K' and Raiden get toned down, then it'll be Kula, Elizabeth, and then who knows after that.

I highly doubt if Raiden isn't fixed that the game will flop either.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 02, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
I'm not saying K' and Raiden have to be nerfed lower than Kula or Liz, they could be nerfed to the same level. What I hate of SSFIV online is that 8 of 10 matches are against Ryu/Ken, and I'm seeing this happening to KOF XIII console version online... And I'm more worried about complainings and people leaving the game (or not enetering in KOF world) for this than if I will be able to win them with Mai, King and Mature (I think I will :D)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 02, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
I'm not saying K' and Raiden have to be nerfed lower than Kula or Liz, they could be nerfed to the same level. What I hate of SSFIV online is that 8 of 10 matches are against Ryu/Ken, and I'm seeing this happening to KOF XIII console version online... And I'm more worried about complainings and people leaving the game (or not enetering in KOF world) for this than if I will be able to win them with Mai, King and Mature (I think I will :D)

That's not what I meant. I mean if they do nerf K' and Raiden. After that people will complain about Elizabeth and Kula and want to nerf them as well. And after that people will again find something to complain about and want nerfed. The information is already out there for almost a year, so we should just leave it up to SNKP and see what happens with balance changes.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 02, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »

ken and ryu aint even high tier, your better off facing them than anybody actually worth a damn.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 02, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
I believe the previous few posts should be in general or home port wishlist.

Moved.  It's always a challenge to try to split a post since there's a certain amount of overlap but I've moved the tier fixes to the The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist thread.  The rest of this discussion is slightly off topic but it kinda stems from the video so I'll leave it here.

I highly doubt if Raiden isn't fixed that the game will flop either.

Yeah me neither.

---
The sales and future success of XIII discussion warrants it to be moved to the The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:38:00 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 03, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »

That's not what I meant. I mean if they do nerf K' and Raiden. After that people will complain about Elizabeth and Kula and want to nerf them as well. And after that people will again find something to complain about and want nerfed. The information is already out there for almost a year, so we should just leave it up to SNKP and see what happens with balance changes.

nobody but these 4 need to be nerfed.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 03, 2011, 10:23:45 AM »
Finally saw a Chin that's doing the more damaging variations.  It only took 9 months to catch it on a Japanese match...so odd considering they're the ones to post it first.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 04, 2011, 04:16:30 AM »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 04, 2011, 04:06:57 PM »

I uploaded some videos from those links:

SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 04, 2011, 04:14:08 PM »
thank you.Youku is slow.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 04, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »
thank you.Youku is slow.

well i m china so is not that slow xD dunno in Taiwan heihei
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 05, 2011, 01:10:47 AM »

Just a quick note, our very own No. 17 will be seen in the next Kyoto vs series if I'm not mistaken, he said it would be on May 21st and he'll represent the West/Kyoto?