Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027289 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »
^Thanks but that was all sorts of boring.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
too much time watching KOFXIII vids, probably. Console version should be announced and released soon. I'm starting to agonize..

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
too much time watching KOFXIII vids, probably.

Err... no, the level of play in that vid sucked.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2010, 10:03:52 PM »

If you're referring to the tournament: Reynald was in the Winner's Finals playing Mr. KoF from the Loser's Final so he could "afford" to lose the first 3 out of 5, hence his picks and his casualness IMO.

Err... no, the level of play in that vid sucked.

I think Reynald was messing around but it's hard to tell from just watching a video.  EDIT: I re-watched the matches, and objectively the level of play wasn't crappy at all.  Just because someone wins convincingly doesn't mean he doesn't show (or the other party as well) skill in doing so. Pro-gosu-ZOMG level?  Maybe not.  Sucky?  Heck no.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:21:15 PM by Kane317 »

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »

If you're referring to the tournament: Reynald was in the Winner's Finals playing Mr. KoF from the Loser's Final so he could "afford" to lose the first 3 out of 5, hence his picks and his casualness IMO.

It's ok... they'll understand when they watch the next video. Mr. KoF= BAAAARING hahaha jk,
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:10 AM »
I think Reynald was messing around but it's hard to tell from just watching a video.  EDIT: I re-watched the matches, and objectively the level of play wasn't crappy at all.  Just because someone wins convincingly doesn't mean he doesn't show (or the other party as well) skill in doing so. Pro-gosu-ZOMG level?  Maybe not.  Sucky?  Heck no.

If you're going to mess around then at least put a little effort into it. I said it sucked precisely because it was Reynald and I know he is way better than that. Mashing df+C with Maxima over and over, really? Why even bother with the match if you're going to pull such bs, might as well let the stick go altogether and sit back.

Its the grand finals ffs, treating it like a joke is lame.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:17:10 AM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 17, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
I think Reynald was messing around but it's hard to tell from just watching a video.  EDIT: I re-watched the matches, and objectively the level of play wasn't crappy at all.  Just because someone wins convincingly doesn't mean he doesn't show (or the other party as well) skill in doing so. Pro-gosu-ZOMG level?  Maybe not.  Sucky?  Heck no.

If you're going to mess around then at least put a little effort into it. I said it sucked precisely because it was Reynald and I know he is way better than that. Mashing df+C with Maxima over and over, really? Why even bother with the match if you're going to pull such bs, might as well let the stick go altogether and sit back.

Its the grand finals ffs, treating it like a joke is lame.

Well first of all being a former Maxima player; Maxima's gameplay is extremely limited and it's hard to criticize Maxima if you haven't touched him, his df.C saves him a lot and I'll end it at that.  Second of all, the "real" grand finals begins after that clip; why does he mess around--because he can (remember these guys are good friends that play each other day in and day out).  Just reserve your judgment until after you've seen the second clip.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:27:41 AM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 17, 2010, 01:56:34 AM »

Well first of all being a former Maxima player; Maxima's gameplay is extremely limited and it's hard to criticize Maxima if you haven't touched him, his df.C saves him a lot and I'll end it at that.  Second of all, the "real" grand finals begins after that clip; why does he mess around--because he can (remember these guys are good friends that play each other day in and day out).  Just reserve your judgment until after you've seen the second clip.

I'm sure the next vid will be great but I don't like it when ppl mess around like that so transparently in a tournament. Its okay if you've never played the guy before and are using it as an opportunity to download or condition him but otherwise its pretty lame. Do it casually, not in a tourney.

And if you were really a former Maxima player then you wouldn't be defending any part of that performance.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »
I'm sure the next vid will be great but I don't like it when ppl mess around like that so transparently in a tournament. Its okay if you've never played the guy before and are using it as an opportunity to download or condition him but otherwise its pretty lame. Do it casually, not in a tourney.

I think this is subjective.  I'll give you an example, Duc (Ash) and I have been playing for 10+ years against each other.  Some nights he'll beat everyone Mr. KoF, Reynald, Metaphysics etc...and when he plays me, I'll win -- but if you watch us play it's almost retarded.  To the spectator, we don't know what we're doing, but nothing could be further from the truth.  After beating him, I'll just end up losing to everyone else.  On the contrary, I wouldn't play "that" way against people I don't know.

Long story short, just coz it's a tourney doesn't mean you have to play a certain way...it's what ends up beating your opponent that counts right (well in this case it didn't work lol).  

And if you were really a former Maxima player then you wouldn't be defending any part of that performance.

No it's coz I feel for him (it fun as hell to do Maxima's combo but frustrating 80% of the time coz you just get walked all over), is why I understand lol.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:36:28 AM by Kane317 »

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:08:48 AM by Kane317 »
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 17, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
King of Fighters 13 Tournament 2 - GF Reynald vs Mr KOF 2 Last one.

Much better.

Shen definitely seems to be the dominating force at AI, though it was surprising how effective the charge punch was against Mr. Kof.

Sweet Robert HD combo in there.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2010, 05:22:27 PM »
Much better.

Shen definitely seems to be the dominating force at AI, though it was surprising how effective the charge punch was against Mr. Kof.

Sweet Robert HD combo in there.

=).

Shen's just popular everywhere, kinda like Takuma where he's very strong in certain categories but weak in certain areas as well.  Mr Kof doesn't fall for my c.qcf+P, not fair heh.   As for the Robert HD, if you pay attention he actually does the harder version where he combos the c.db~f+K off a f+A -- harder to time than it looks.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
Damn, those were great matches.

I used to think that Andy was the most popular character at AI. And subsequently, Shen was most popular in China, K' in Japan, and Elizabeth in France. Of course, I know that's not actually true.

That reminds me, I'm also amazed that those matches featured zero K', and zero Raiden. That's nuts.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 17, 2010, 08:18:42 PM »
Damn, those were great matches.

I used to think that Andy was the most popular character at AI. And subsequently, Shen was most popular in China, K' in Japan, and Elizabeth in France. Of course, I know that's not actually true.

That reminds me, I'm also amazed that those matches featured zero K', and zero Raiden. That's nuts.

Pretty sure that tournament was point based, and they avoided using Raiden on purpose just for variety sake.

Also what you said about most popular characters that's funny because Shen is from China, and Elizabeth if from France.

Reynald, when you bust out the Shen and Yuri tell your friends to hide their wife and kids... and their husband.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:20:22 PM by Ash »