Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1034992 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #660 on: December 02, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »
Smoai upped part 2 as well:

Goodness continued, great Kim/Ryo/Athena/Yuri/Mature action in there.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #661 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »
In the second set of vids, I really liked that Kim. I often find it silly how rarely people use his Aerial specials in this game... they normally only seem to use it for Drive Cancelling, but it's a great "Caught you by suprise!" move to stop advancement, as shown here. And watching Ryo "Abuse" his EX Ranbu off Kou'ken was also a treat. It really made him look like the defensive portion of the Kyokugen practitioners.

i think that mentality comes mainly from people who haven't really played the game yet. a few of the AI guys have agreed for the most part the that roster is decently balanced. almost every character has some kind of tool that can be utilized to a full degree. people who just watch have it embedded in their brain that "RAIDEN/K/LIZ OMG BROKEN!" mentality. granted, they have very good toolsets, but practically all of the other characters can give them a hard time if you have patience and learn your characters. on that note, i have a high suspicion that people who are complaining about top tier characters aren't going to be the ones using duo lon/leona/vice/hwa jai... actually i shouldn't include leona, since she's been getting a lot of love lately :)
I have to agree here; that one of the reason I find all matches of this game fun to watch. The characters actually seem very well made in the end, and there's very little, if any "dead weight" to the cast. Most of the poor plays of each character, always leave me with a "Well, he didn't even USE that, and that's great!" feeling, rather than the "man, I wish they made X character better!" feel I get with certain other fighters...

on topic of the video, though, i think those vices were pretty terrible. based on the way they're playing her, it's like she's being played with older KOF strategy, which she is definitely not tailored to in XIII.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I thought the fact that she kinda relied on the new ubertool (Anywhere juggle Decide) felt like one of the most "XIII focused" plays of her yet. They also did a good job of using EX tackle in ways normal tackle really never worked WELL as in older KoFs (like as a kinda anti-air), and combo'd off it effectively. Lastly, they actually used Splash outside of the derived follow-up, which seems suprisingly rare on video.

That's no weird at all. That new voice is one of the bests things of this new Mai. Sounds more FF than KOF. I totally love it, not only her Kachosen, her NippoIchi and Hisatsu and Musasabi too.

The breathy sounds of her voice give her a nice amount of personality; it has a traditional "elegant, yet sexy" spin to it, kinda like old black and white movie vocal delivery. It really works for Mai; It's actually an improvement! And that's pretty suprising for a new voice for a well-known character.

I was under the impression that Ryo was meant to pressure with his projectile; an instant wall to help him advance and get some good close-up combos. Probably is a surprise because there's been a limited amount of Ryo in vids up until a few weeks/months ago maybe.

I think the fact the has advancing parries also hammers your impression home, as well as his somewhat unorthodox aerial normals. He seems to work best at messing up the opponents advances, rather than rushing in and dominating. Takuma and Robert seem to do that much better, due to better close range options (Guard breaking throws, better command normals), or better aerial domination (Robert can do SO much in the air now...)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #662 on: December 03, 2010, 01:23:40 AM »

Some more vids uploaded by Kusanagi-style.

Those are the same vids as above

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:45 AM »
Here is a new video from kce, but you can kinda tell that the people playing just started playing.

KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 03, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
some SMOAI vids (K' and Andy everywhere, also Robert, Shen, Ryo, Takuma, Liz and Kula)

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 03, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »
Yup, there's definitely been a big spike of Andy use, with very dominating performances. Kyo on the other hand has seen a pretty big decline in use compared to the earlier days. Wonder if its b/c he's a huge meter hog? Then again Andy does seem to have a better zoning game and that swiss knife sweep.

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 03, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »
Andy does seem to be pretty solid in 13.  Not to mention he has one of the best KO screams in the game.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #667 on: December 04, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
Yet more KCE videos:

Will update with 243 2-2 when available.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 04, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
Yet more KCE videos:

Will update with 243 2-2 when available.

the athena and hwa jai were fun to watch in 2-1. also, the influx of duolon play has been great.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #669 on: December 04, 2010, 05:58:10 PM »
LMFAO at the first match of the first video! Nice ending

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 04, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »
Yeah holy crap at that Ryo neomax, talk about cutting it beyond close.

Looks like Kim's f, f+A dash kick bounces off the wall when done into the corner and auto corrects the direction he is facing towards his opponent on rebound. Kim is really shining now, has a great balance between ground and air domination.

We see that sweet Athena corner combo again, this time with a DM into SDM finish.

In Duolon I think SNK finally nailed the character type who is supposed to be all over the place. Excellent offence and mixups with lots of ways to approach after a reset but at the same time not overpowered at all. Characters like him make me really look forward to what new ones SNK will come up with in the future.

Really nice 90% Hwa Jai combo.

Clark won a round.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 04, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
Those videos were the greatest.

It bears repeating: the ending to the first match of the first video is absolutely epic. If anyone is keeping score, I think that's the greatest ending to any XIII match we've seen yet.

Duolon is really fun to watch and, like Diavle said, very balanced-looking. I still wish SNK had given him his old LDM like Ash and Shen Woo, but he's can clearly hold his own without it.

I think Leona's another character that SNK nailed in this installment. She's downright fearsome in the right hands.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 04, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
Those videos were the greatest.

It bears repeating: the ending to the first match of the first video is absolutely epic. If anyone is keeping score, I think that's the greatest ending to any XIII match we've seen yet.

Agreed. That's one reason I'm glad NeoMaxs don't have to be performed in Max Mode; no one saw that ending coming. If only this was a tournament ending vid, so many more would be looking forward to this one.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 05, 2010, 03:01:35 AM »
here is some more new videos

KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile