Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027226 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #750 on: January 06, 2011, 06:59:28 AM »
and here i was hoping for some combo vids, nice surprise. not my favourite characters but still very nice combo vid. a good ash can be a real bother. but i think that goes for every character in the game. its just that people automatically go for characters that require the least effort and usually bars. part of the reason i like seeing good duo lons and other characters i usually wouldn't give much thought. though over time i think people will find other characters could potentially become very formidable when you find the right ways to exploit their strengths and cover for their weaknesses. id like to see characters like terry, goro, clark joe and others shine again. we already saw how good leona and now ralph can be (too bad we didnt get to see oogoshos maxima), others are probably just waiting around the corner.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »
i really dug the ash combos with more sober requirements than 5 gauge and HD. he hit 100% with 3 stock and HD. still hard as $%$@ considering how many inputs it requires (73 hits, more than 40 inputs). but the first combos were the real deal, considering how much damage they did.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 06, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »
Finally snkgameHK has uploaded Women Fighters Team combo vids and Ash's too. Cool!

I post them in their own threads if you agree.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:41:43 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:39 PM »
I LIKED THOSE COMBOS A LOT!!!!!!

They were short but sweet and not to mention damaging!!

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 10, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
really liked how simple the ash combos look,   hope the execution on them aren't that hard as i think

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 10, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
Some of Singapore combo video by some players.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:54:48 PM by gazette »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 11, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
Finally snkgameHK has uploaded Women Fighters Team combo vids and Ash's too. Cool!

Anyone else notice the screen fuck up on the King video at around the 26 second mark? Wonder what that was all about?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 11, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »

Anyone else notice the screen fuck up on the King video at around the 26 second mark? Wonder what that was all about?

probably just a technical issue in the way the video was captured

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 11, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

You right, I didn't notice that. What I noticed is a significant slowdown at the end of Mai's NM, when Iori explodes.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
game acho added a vid, about an hour long, plenty of maxima, ralf and... raiden. plenty of variety (chin, king, kensou, mature, the list went on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us4i-ObROVQ&feature=feedu
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
game acho added a vid, about an hour long, plenty of maxima, ralf and... raiden. plenty of variety (chin, king, kensou, mature, the list went on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us4i-ObROVQ&feature=feedu

Half an hours worth of Ralf rape, oh my.

The monster Ralf from before is back and even better, no Kulas, Ks, Raidens, Andys could do crap. Before him I thought SNK didn't think the character all the way through but he has shown me the light.

The character appears to be all about ruthless offense. Unlike Shen he can keep on dishing it out due to the recovery on his specials, the guy scored countless guard breaks. Like Shen he can quickly shut them up with an EX Galactica Phantom.

Combos are not only long and powerful but easy to hit confirm. Supers are fast and hit hard. This continuous offence means tons of meter building so supers and long combos were abundant.

Ralf is basically one hell of a threat and a great pleasure to watch in action.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:51:31 PM by Diavle »

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »
maybe that ralph is ogosho,but Im not sure

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
Can't wait to watch this when I get some downtime at work.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #764 on: January 11, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »
I really like watching that Ralf, and the few snippets we got to see of his Maxima (watching Maxima actually take advantage of HD off light attacks was sweet.) If that is Ogosho, I have to say... I even like his Raiden!

It's nice not to see everything JUST depending on counterhit, dropkick, attack, dropkick, EX shoulder, etc, etc... he made good use of posion breath, both as a wakeup pressure option, and as an EX for quick crumple. He showed a good grasp in all of Raiden's strengths, and not just using 1 tactic over and over and over. Kudos to him for that.

That Ralf was something else, though. Constant pressure, speedy mixups and counterhit frame traps, uber guard breaking... not just at the corners, but anywhere on screen. He pressured any options you had after his combo'd sweep very well, and used the ground pound and dive punches very well to build meter, or punish anti-airs. And like all impressive showings of characters in this game, he wasn't afraid to spend the meter on the character he was playing. He had a confident style that built back anything he spent, thus allowing him to play each character to their full potential.