Other Fighting Games > General Fighting Game Discussion

Do you care about musics in fighting games?

(1/8) > >>

Custle:
At least I do.

For me, musics are one of the main factors is the game good. They make the game more enjoyable. For example, I like Tekken 3, but to be honest, musics in it aren't that good.

I personally like jazzy themes. They tend so sound cool and relazing, but they really make you wanna fight (at least this works for me).

Also, which fighting game has the best soundtrack? My personal favorite is Fatal Fury Special's arranged soundtrack. I like every song in it.

Aenthin:
Yeah, I like fighting game music but I just really pick out the best for me instead of staying in one genre or soundtrack. Sometimes, I also outgrow certain music. For example, I used to think Guilty Gear has one of the best soundtracks, but now, I really only like a certain handful. Holy Orders never really did stick to me and Writhe in Pain just became too repetitive.

While playing though, it takes time for me to notice the music unless things really got slow paced. Most of the time though, it doesn't matter, but I do sit, relax and just enjoy the music while not playing.

Currently, these are the songs I'm hooked up with:
1. KoF XIII Soundtrack (I have the whole soundtrack, so yeah)
2. Last Blade 1's Change

Not so much but it's mostly due to me being in a Pokémon feel lately.

The Fluke:
I think the music is important because it helps set the mood. Once the fight starts though, i don't really think about it too much. I don't know if i have any one particular favorite amongst games i've played but since its arcade release i've been amazed by kof13 and the quality of the music in it. There are some songs that don't quite hit home for me, but then again, they aren't bad and add some variety. Some songs in kof13 makes me think of the music in the first metal slug game so it really brings in some nostalgia in a weird way aswell. Amongst fighting games i think that's the winner..

marchefelix:
I care about it. I download the song I especially like.

solidshark:
Of course. Gaming has produced some of the best musical compilations in history, especially in fighting. Wouldn't even know where to start as far as naming a favorite because there are too many, but my latest favorites have been KoF 99 (keep coming back to this one), KOF XIII, some SSFIV tracks, Samurai Spirits IV, and MvC 3 (glad they have a per-character theme setup again). Give me the right song in a fight and my skill just automatically improves, as if the shit just got real because Tears, Esaka?, or KD-0079 is playing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version