Author Topic: NGBC - Mizuchi (a.k.a. The Orochi Clone)  (Read 5821 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Mizuchi (a.k.a. The Orochi Clone)
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:59:44 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;d are cancel-able. cl. ;a / ;b aren't fast enough to combo with a canceled move however.
* cl. ;a / ;b can chain into itself. ;a can go up to 3 times, whereas ;b can only be used twice, since the move itself hits for 2 hits.
* cl. ;d is the only move that changes if Mizuchi is actually close or not. This move hits twice and is the start to
* cl. ;c is a relatively slow move.

Standing
* st. ;a / ;b / ;d are cancel-able. cl. ;a / ;b aren't fast enough to combo with a canceled move however.
* st. ;c is a relatively slow move.

Crouching
* cr. ;a / ;c are cancel-able. cr. ;c is the best way to cancel a crouching move into a special.
* cr. ;a / ;b can chain into itself.
* cr. ;d can only be canceled with AC Tactical Step.

Jumping
* The only real good air move he has so far is jumping ;d .

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
* Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Mizuchi to do counter with A GLOWING CHEST ATTACK!!! Then he will then tag out.

Throw
Nocturnal Paradise - ;bk / ;fd + ;c / ;d
*Can be broken. Regular knockdown. In the corner, Mizuchi can combo with a Ontai (in the air ;qcf + ;a / ;c ), which has to be buffered using the Tiger Knee method.

Command Moves
NONE

Special Moves
Seiyaku: ;d ;fd  ;dn ;df + ;d
* Upon an attack with ;d , Mizuchi does a flashing kick similar to Rugal's ;dp + B/D. Mizuchi's kick doesn't go airborne though.

Kaijo: ;fd ;hcf + ;a / ;c
* Mizuchi throws out a ninja star-like projectile. If the opponent gets hit by this, it expands into a big star and does multiple hits. This move allows Mizuchi to dash in and extend a combo. The only downside to this is that it can be ducked, and completely walked under by a few characters.

Rei: ;hcb ;fd + ;b / ;d
* Mizuchi does a pulse attack from his chest. This move knocks down the opponent. If used in a juggle, the move makes the opponent fly farther across the screen.

Ken Imi: ;fd ;dn ;df + ;a / ;c
* Mizuchi grabs the opponent and launches them in the air with some energy. This is his best way to juggle the opponent.

Katakenawa: ;hcb + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d
* This is the annoying move most people who've fought Mizuchi know about. It's a beam that shoots upward from the ground, and the beam can be shot from 4 different areas on the screen.

Ontai: ;qcf+ ;a / ;c (in the air)
* This is similar to Mizuchi's Rei attack, but its airborne. This move can combo from Mizuchi's throw in the corner, as well as some other moves.

Desperation Moves
Ookami: (close) ;hcb ;hcb + ;a / ;c
* This super has good priority. Its the same super he does in 97/98UM. It just looks better.

Kon: ;qcf ;qcf + ;a / ;c (when meter stock is at level 2)
* Mizuchi's second super is the exact same one as in 97/98UM except its not as awesome looking. This move still hits the opponent pretty much from anywhere and at any time, so its good to keep it handy. Off of ;dp + ;a / ;c , this move can be done to combo as well.

A/D Assault
* Mizuchi has no A/D Assault.

Strats and combos, once written up, can be found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mizuchi_(NGBC)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:10:54 AM by jinxhand »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NGBC - Mizuchi (a.k.a. The Orochi Clone)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:04 PM »
His infinite only works in the corner, but I'm trying to see what can be done mid stage... Props to Rogueyoshi for the find... Besides him, I've never seen nor heard of it...

It pretty much goes like this:

close ;d (1 hit), ;hcb ;fd + ;c , dash in, close ;d (1 hit), ;hcb ;fd + ;c , repeat...

I don't feel fighting up close is Mizuchi's strong point, even though he has a command grab that can do some substantial damage and lead to a stonger follow up, but if for some reason you manage to corner trap someone, this is good to use... If I ever ended up doing this I personally would only do 2~3 loops though... Even without this, I think he's probably the strongest of the 3 legally-playable boss characters... His zoning game is too good if you mix your patterns up...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:13:46 AM »
Best combo to create gap for zoning:

close ;d (1 hit), ;dp + ;a , ;hcb + ;a, ;hcb + ;b , ;hcb + ;c , ;hcb + ;d

The ;hcb moves need to be input quickly after each move for them all to connect. Otherwise, the opponent can tech...

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 08:54:23 AM »
Mizuchi loop is possible anywhere, I've done it midscreen, but only once for two loops. It's EXTREMELY TIGHT. Like, within 2 frames of tightness.

He has better rushdown than zoning, since his projectile is fairly bad. His standing kicks = best things ever.
He also has the half-meter side-change setup, which gives fairly good damage and corners the enemy. cl.5D (1 hit) 623A 66 cl.5D (whiff + insta-cancel'd) 623D. That can also be used to just change sides in general for burning meter. Dunno.

You can use his A projectile to make any dash-in fairly safe, as you can combo off it and it's very good for the range you'd need to dash in at.

If you want range, than use 5D 623A j.214C.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »
This guy is too much fun!!! Another combo from his command grab move that looks like a command grab but isn't apparently:

cl. ;d (1hit), ;dp ;a , ;d ~ ;dp ;d (first kick whiffs, but kick special hits) xx ;qcf ;qcf ;a - 11 hit 1/2 life combo...

You can add a ;hcb ;d at the end before the opponent lands and it connects...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:24:16 AM by jinxhand »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 12:55:32 AM »
Yeah, I was messing around with that combo. Command grab? Anyways, you can do 63214D three times before they land.

You can combo into his lv1 command grab fairly easily, and it's a great anti-air. It's basically DIO's lv3, but it doesn't move.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:25:40 AM »
Managed to get two ;hcb ;d s in that combo instead of just one.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:27:53 AM »
Yeah, think you can get it three times if you set it up fast enough.

Funny though, you can whiff it if they're off the top of the screen. I was in training mode trying to get four, and I did it too early and it just goes through them.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:25:50 AM »
Just to show that this combo can be done anywhere...

NGBC Mizuchi Combo.mpg

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
You can actually get two hits off of 5D but it's way tighter. Doesn't really matter, it's not too much extra damage.
5D 623A 5D 623D 236236C 63214D 63214D 63214D
^Fully structured BnB, costs 2.5 bars, builds back about 0.4.

Err, I finally managed to get off the four-beam thing. You can actually cancel them into each other, even on whiff, so long as you're going down the A -> B -> C -> D pattern.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
You can actually get two hits off of 5D but it's way tighter. Doesn't really matter, it's not too much extra damage.
5D 623A 5D 623D 236236C 63214D 63214D 63214D
^Fully structured BnB, costs 2.5 bars, builds back about 0.4.

I used 1 hit from 5D simply beceause its easier and the extra dmg is meh... You're better off getting extra dmg from extra beams though...

Err, I finally managed to get off the four-beam thing. You can actually cancel them into each other, even on whiff, so long as you're going down the A -> B -> C -> D pattern.

One thing to point out about that, from A to B and C to D you can buffer at a moderate pace, but from B to C, you have to do it slightly faster, otherwise, that 3rd beam will just whiff...