Poll

Would you be interested in a Dream Cancel t-shirt?

Yes
42 (93.3%)
No
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: T-shirts  (Read 26723 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: T-shirts
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
I dont think puttin characters on the shirt will be a good idea for copyright reasons...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
Yeah it's illegal, but there are creative ways around that
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 10:59:38 PM »
You guys should talk to Koogy about this! :)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 12:29:45 AM »
Definitely no characters on the shirts.

I'll look into international shipping.

Who's Koogy?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 01:19:00 AM »
Also adding individual user/handle names might add to the cost of the shirts, let's start with something simple so that as many people as possible can afford them.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »
Who's Koogy?

Koogy is the guy who started up BrokenTier (the company that's been making all the Capcom themed shirts). He's pretty approachable when it comes to t-shirt ideas, but he mostly does themes rather than affiliations (AFAIK). It wouldn't hurt to try asking him, even if it's just for pointers about getting good deals on having the shirts made.

That said, I'd totally rep DC shirts. A good community has been building up here and I personally think it's worth supporting. As always, thanks for all your hard work, nilcam.

edit: Oh, and The Answer too lol

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 07:57:24 AM »
3XL please. lol :)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 08:19:10 AM »
Here's what the cats at SRK are doing, so this could possibly be good for "some" ideas:

http://store.kineda.com/

Maybe not characters per sé on the shirt, but some references, or "symbols" (i.e. - Cresent Moon, Sun, Heavy D!'s eagle tat, etc) would be kinda dope to have on the shirts... Just brainstorming here...

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
I'll buy 2-4.

Do you guys have a estimate on how much these shirts are going to be?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:36:58 PM by Shinra Shiranui »
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
The service offers differing weights of shirts. My test order was the standard weight with printing on front and back and was just under $20 for an XL. Once you go over XXL, I think the shirts cost a bit more. If the t-shirt I ordered were on Gildan, it would have been closer to $25. If the quality is sufficient, I plan to do several designs so that there will be a price range.

Also, it looks like international shipping is offered.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
I wonder if it's illegal to have silhouettes of characters in the design, you know due to the copyright.

Because with just the silhouettes of the characters you can do some really cool designs.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »
At that point, you're really pushing it. The problem with current copyright law is that if a copyright isn't protected, the company will lose their claim to the property.

Update: The test shirt has shipped! Hopefully, it will arrive by next weekend.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:50:22 PM by nilcam »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »
I wonder if it's illegal to have silhouettes of characters in the design, you know due to the copyright.

Because with just the silhouettes of the characters you can do some really cool designs.

That's why I was just suggesting character specific symbols, or phrases... They both aren't under any copywrite per sé, so having say a and hand throwing a red hat in the air, with an "OK!" somewhere on the shirt for example, shouldn't get you in trouble... Once the actual character, or an actual detailed hand shows or proves that it's Terry Bogard, then you might catch some heat... But maybe the hand/hat concept could be used in a silhouette to avoid the whole fiasco, and in that case would be fine, but it would have to appear in a way that technically anyone could be throwing a hat and say "OK!"...

Also, will there be any Engrish on the shirts??? Some Geese phrases would be funny and dope at the same time... Maybe have it written in some manga-themed katakana??? Just throwing ideas out there...

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
Engrish would be awesome, you have enough material with Terry and Geese.

But you are right, having the silhouette of a character could be pushing it, even if it's kinda hidden inside other design.

I would love to see a black shirt with a "+" necklace on the front and the phrase K dash has on the back, forgot what it is. Let me google it *googles* wtf?! There is a clothing brand called K-Dash?! By the Kardashian sisters!? Ok... wow... this is new to me.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 08:25:24 PM »
Engrish would be awesome, you have enough material with Terry and Geese.

But you are right, having the silhouette of a character could be pushing it, even if it's kinda hidden inside other design.

I would love to see a black shirt with a "+" necklace on the front and the phrase K dash has on the back, forgot what it is. Let me google it *googles* wtf?! There is a clothing brand called K-Dash?! By the Kardashian sisters!? Ok... wow... this is new to me.

HAHAH, that gave me a good laugh.  K-Dash!